It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tourist killed by 'dinosaur-sized' shark off South African beach

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Link

Witnesses have described their horror at seeing a tourist being eaten by a "gigantic" shark in South Africa's most popular holiday destination.

Sharks have to eat too

With video

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This has already been posted under this link:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
There is a possibility that it may exist and live in the deepest depths of the ocean, related to the megalodon and we have yet to find it.

www.sharksteeth.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by capgirl

I don't want to sound mean but in the future can you please use the search function before posting a thread. If you had you would have come across the previous thread with the same title as your own and avoided unescesary clutter on the board.

I'm sure a mod will be along shortly to close this thread.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
if true it was probably a megalodon, on the sea floor its said sharks grow as big as school buses so why not?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I made a thread about this previously, although it got locked because one had already been made haha.

From reading about this those waters are very dangerous because of the Sharks and its risky to go swimming in that area. Very unfortunate this happened.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by WinterWonderland
There is a possibility that it may exist and live in the deepest depths of the ocean, related to the megalodon and we have yet to find it.

www.sharksteeth.com...

Or Megalodon still exists.....

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Considering that there where dinosaurs the size of chickens, the headline of a dinosaur sized shark does not impress me all that much.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I was dubious about the "minibus" size of this shark as soon as I read this. great whites can hit 20foot long so it was probably one of them as not spotting a bigger shark in "chest height water" would be almost impossible as bits would start poking out above the surface (a 20 foot great white is about 4 or 5 feet "tall" at the dorsal fin)

reply to post by -Blackout-

unlikely as megladon was a shore hugging warm water shark and wasn't built for deep sea life it would die from lack of oxygen for starters after that possibly freeze to death then would likely run out of food.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Dead_Sounds]

top topics

join