It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog Bolts from office just before California quake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Dog Bolts from office just before California quake

www.youtube.com

Headline on wnd, no story attached.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
There are threads dedicated to animals seeming to have precognition (for lack of a better term) regarding impending disaster. This instance is the first I have seen where it was caught on film in such a way that there is little question to me what happened. Assuming no one coincidentally yelled at the dog or something as there is no audio.

I also wonder if the man who runs before the quake realized the dog was gone and is chasing after him or if he too sensed something was about to happen. He seems to be running in a different direction than the dog when the visible shaking starts.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Animals have amazing senses that us mere mortals have not even begun to understand.

Another good example is the 2004 tsunami in Indonesia when there were many reports of animals heading for higher ground before it hit.

I wonder how many in this picture survived?

[edit on 13-1-2010 by leo123]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Dupe on edit(!)

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
When I lived in New Zealand I got a cat who was normal in every way until one night he jumped off the bed and ran into the living room on full alert, looking at the roof and floor with ears upright and his fur "up".

Within 30 seconds I began to hear a low rumbling sound like thunder coming from under us to the south, followed by what sounded like an elephant jumping across our roof!

The next thing I know the whole building was moving from side to side causing my bed to roll away from the wall and then back into it again repeatedly. I could hear the bricks slapping together at the top of the buildings next to us and see outside my window the power poles swaying to and fro.

This was my first experience of a 5.2 earthquake 150 k's underground and 100 k's out into the sea. My cat had shown me it was aware of something about to happen and so over the four years I lived in the beautiful country he became my warning system for subsequent earthquakes.

With the Asian Tsunami, it was reported that many aniumals headed for the hills well before the first swell hit land.

Also, before the 5.7 Baja quake of December 31 (my time) the Sea Lions of San Francisco left in droves, to be found the day after that quake off the coast of Oregon. Interestingly enough they were north of the follwing larger quake in off the coast of Northern California too.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Tayesin]

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Tayesin]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Ive had cats all my 34 years of life. ASs a kid, our cats would look at the sky and out the window all frantic, during the summer, a good 45 minutes before a lightning storm was coming our way. if it was a BIG lightning storm, they seemed to know within the exact hour, and would already be hiding under our beds...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by leo123

Wow, that photo is incredible. I wonder if any of the people in it survived as well.

new topics

top topics

join