It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. agrees to timetable for UN Gun Ban

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

The United Nations and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton are moving forward with their plan to confiscate your guns.

The United States joined 152 other countries in support of the Arms Trade Treaty Resolution, which establishes the dates for the 2012 UN conference intended to attack American sovereignty by stripping Americans of the right to keep and bear arms.

Former United Nation's ambassador John Bolton has cautioned gun owners about the Arms Trade Treaty and says the UN “is trying to act as though this is really just a treaty about international arms trade between nation states, but there’s no doubt that the real agenda here is domestic firearms control.”

Establishing the dates for the Arms Trade Treaty Conference is just the first step toward their plans for total gun confiscation.

paracom.paramountcommunication.com...< br />
www.whitehouse.gov...

www.examiner.com...

www.state.gov...

www.reuters.com...

ipsnews.net...

The quoted article (more at first link) urges people to sign petitions against this. They ignore petitions and letters for the purpose for which they were intended. Instead, they use it to create a database by which they know who the dissenters are and where they are located.

I didn't find this topic when I did a search, so if I used the wrong search terms and missed it, sorry about that.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
wont happen in the US well i can never see it happening there will be a whole lot of dead ass confiscators

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
What did Charlton Heston say? Oh yeah "FROM MY COLD, DEAD HANDS"

I dont doubt that this is coming. I also dont doubt that it will get ugly.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by captaintyinknots]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The treaty wishes to end the importation and exportation of small arms?

Good thing all of these manufacturers are in the United States I suppose.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
The treaty wishes to end the importation and exportation of small arms?

Good thing all of these manufacturers are in the United States I suppose.

True, but if all the imported competition is removed, whats to keep the government from then regulating arms nationally-perhaps taxing them to the point where the average citizen cant afford them?

The elimination of competition is the first step towards controlling the market.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Hoard your guns! Keep a couple registered, and willingly give them up, no need to go out in a blaze of glory! Give them the "registered" guns and thank them for making you safer.

Don't ever tell anybody about the dozens of other guns that you bought here and there without registering!! Let "Them" have the false sense of security. Let them overestimate their own strategy, intelligence, and power. Let them underestimate the true will of the people!

Make sure that you know of other people like yourself, and continue to live your life in your own best interest and the best interest of your close knit group and local community. Buy local, participate local, volunteer local, educate, build, protect your local resources. If we all do this, their power evaporates!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

As it is there really isnt anything stopping them from taxing the heck out of them. In fact by importing them they have an easier road to jacking up the cost via tariffs.

There is a bill in NH right now along the same lines of Montanas "if a gun its made here it belongs to us and nobody else" bill with a little extra oomph in that the bill would required any federal agent attempting to override the bill be arrested and charged with a crime.

Then that really doesnt stop the state from taxing the hell out of them either. The only thing that's going to stop anyone from taxing anything is to promptly toss anyone suggesting a tax on anything into the ocean.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Hmmm, I have heard of this somewhere else but I don't remember where. However, I tend to not believe it, even if TPTB were to try it would be very ugly.

As a gun owner I have made my choice, and I will NOT give mine up to ANYONE.
I would like to see them try that just once.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I feel a great swell of pity for the person who has to try and confiscate the American people's guns.

Good luck with that!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

All great suggestions.

however, if Hurricane Katrina taught us anything, its that in the event of gun confiscation, they have no problem violating rights, searching houses, and detaining people while they do so.

I agree, stocking up is good. But people better be willing to fight for their rights.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I would agree decentralizing and reasserting local values is a grand strategy but we must remember that their are millions in your country as well as mine that would rather not give up their chains. The strategy would only work if, like you said, everyone participated in their own respective communities. The challenge then, I suppose, is getting everyone else on board and that ironically would require a united front across communities.

I dunno I think its a pickle but as an ideal I totally agree with you and hope one day it will come to pass.

The bill will go down easily here in Canada, well at least eastern Canada as I only know one person with a firearm out of my entire community and its a hunting rifle. I think even if this works America will be hell for them to disarm.

And I can't put into words how proud I am of my armed brothers and sisters next door. Your second ammendment is spot on. Defence is best left in the hands of the individual, not the institution.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
You guys are too paranoid.

There are nations throughout the world engaged in wars, civil wars, and genocide. Arms manufacturers and dealers are enabling these conflicts to go on by selling the weapons to these factions all to make a stinking buck.

This treaty does nothing more than try to stop the genocide going in countries like Rwanda and stop the genocide between groups like the Hutus and Tutsis. How many millions of people have to be slaughtered in these genocidal wars before we stop the importation of arms into these areas?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bobbox1980
This treaty does nothing more than try to stop the genocide going in countries like Rwanda and stop the genocide between groups like the Hutus and Tutsis.

If I'm not mistaken the vast majority of that genocide was perpetrated with machetes.

Plus, with firearms being made by illiterate people in caves a more worthwhile "save the children" endeavor would be to ban the importation of sheet metal and metal ore wouldnt it?

[edit on 13-1-2010 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bobbox1980
You guys are too paranoid.

There are nations throughout the world engaged in wars, civil wars, and genocide. Arms manufacturers and dealers are enabling these conflicts to go on by selling the weapons to these factions all to make a stinking buck.

This treaty does nothing more than try to stop the genocide going in countries like Rwanda and stop the genocide between groups like the Hutus and Tutsis. How many millions of people have to be slaughtered in these genocidal wars before we stop the importation of arms into these areas?

And you're missing the point entirely. They use the 'Good of the Global Community' as an entry point. Yes. First they'll start with doing what they can to limit guns falling into the hands of terrorists, stop wars, ect. But then where does that stop?

Once we take all the guns from the terrorists, why not take the guns from the people we think MAY BECOME terrorists? Once we do that, why take the chance on ANYONE becomming terrorists...lets take ALL the guns period. No muss, no fuss no mess. Then we can hurd the people into Government controlled housing, jobs, oh yeah, we're going to limit your movements too by giving you a Federal ID w/a tracking chip in it......oh wait, that's to bothersome, we'll just implant YOU with the tracking chip. Yeah, that's much better. Now we know where you are, who you talk to, how much you spend, what you spend it on, ect.

Yeah, we like this much better. Now you can only do what we ALLOW you to do. But wait, this is all just parinoid delusions right?

Well....I seem to remember something called WWII and these really neat guys called the SS. You may have heard of them? No? Well, you see what they did was, they decided Guns were bad and began to round up all registered gun owners first. Then they decided certain people were bad and they rounded those up too. See the parallel yet? No? Hmmm.. Must just be me being paranoid.

Have a nice day and enjoy the rest of Miltary State comming soon to a neighborhood near you.

[edit on 1/13/10 by RecentlyAwaken - Changed WWI to WWII as pointed out by another poster.]

[edit on 1/13/10 by RecentlyAwaken]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
This may not be the correct forum or thread, but I see a lot of people saying "Cold Dead Hands" and "I won't give mine up to anybody!"

Believe me, I had a SWAT team surround my house a couple of years ago! You better be polite, negotiable, and submissive! No need to fight a battle on their terms, on their time table, and against an overwhelming force!

If a SWAT team, or a Guard Unit comes to your house to get guns, by God, give them exactlly what they are looking for! Hopefully, you have several other stashes they don't know about, or you are well-connected to others that do! If you must fight a little later down the road, you can plan and strategize to do it on your own terms, when you have the advantage.

Do not Make a foolhearty attempt at martydom just because you are right!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
This may not be the correct forum or thread, but I see a lot of people saying "Cold Dead Hands" and "I won't give mine up to anybody!"

Believe me, I had a SWAT team surround my house a couple of years ago! You better be polite, negotiable, and submissive! No need to fight a battle on their terms, on their time table, and against an overwhelming force!

If a SWAT team, or a Guard Unit comes to your house to get guns, by God, give them exactlly what they are looking for! Hopefully, you have several other stashes they don't know about, or you are well-connected to others that do! If you must fight a little later down the road, you can plan and strategize to do it on your own terms, when you have the advantage.

My only response to that is:

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

- Declaration of Independence

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

The attitude of 'just do what they say and you'll live' has gotten us exactly where we are today. People are too scared not just of dying, but of giving up every little convenience that they feel is their right.

Give me liberty, or give me death. I will not bow down to tyrants.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Captain and RA......I am not disagreeing with you, not in the slightest. I am just saying that if the people fall needlessly one at a time, there will be no resistance. One man against an army is a waste. when they come looking for a fight, you won't stand a chance, but once they think they have won, then it is time to strike!

Bide your time, meet your neighbors, make your contingency plans, find out how and where to hide weapons and ammo. Join the Masons, or the Tea Party, or the Moose Lodge, or the Militia, or whatever people in your local area share your views!

If each individual is mowed down in their own home, nobody benefits! Play it smart! Sun Tzu style!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Has anyone seen a standoff with swat?

They are not their to take someones guns. When that specifically happens to my neighbor, that their swat better watch out for the 22-240 round coming from 400 yards or the 30 06 round from 500.

Come hunting in my neck of the woods. When police come around they are polite and to the point. Always love to see em cower in the car from the dogs.

Train em to bark a lot and jump around cars. They won't bite a soul without command, but keeping the salesman in their cars is a useful tool.

This story comes from my friend visiting me right now.

Of course the government is trying to starve all the farmers out now. From me, he just told me what he is getting for milk and it is highway robbery. Anyway, gotta go for a bit, gonna go plink a little and maybe help milk, more then likely not, have not been in a barn in decades.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RecentlyAwaken

Well....I seem to remember something called WWI and these really neat guys called the SS...

[edit on 1/13/10 by RecentlyAwaken]

It was WW2, not 1.
Second line good as the first

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join