It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Hate What America Has Become

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The author has some good points but getting angry and violent isn't going to solve anything. You think the only greedy people are bankers and CEOs? Kill them and someone else will take there place. It's MLK day next week and it's sad that more people aren't looking to him for inspiration. Instead of wanted a mob or the military to kill every one in power how about actually getting involved to make a difference. Start by working to get city and state representatives that are honest elected. If there aren't any in your area, then run for office yourself. There are enough people ready for a change that with hard work we can start to make things better. These problems didn't start with Bush or Obama. Eisenhower warned us of the military industrial complex, the Federal Reserve was created in 1913, Goldman Sachs has been pulling strings since the great depression. Point is, us not being involved in our political system for a long time has created these problems and waiting for change to come by way of street riots and hangings is just a way to avoid responsibility.

Any yes I will be volunteering in my community to get the people I want elected this year.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Why are liberals so full of hate?

Why now? The liberals are large and in charge, yet they seem more angry and hateful than they usually are?

Yeah liberals are full of hate, lol.
Guess what conservatives are full of, lol

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
"First of all.....when 28% of you brain dead *SNIP* morons give a blithering IDIOT like Sarah Palin positive approval ratings and think she ought to run for president in 2012"

Heh. Its actually 47% approval as per Gallup.

I actually agree with the heft of your post vis a vis what America has become, except in a precisely inverted way. That only 47% Americans approve of a small government conservative who is representative of middle America whilst the masses lap up the media cartoon of Obamis XIV the god king is supremely depressing. Sarah Palin is a media creation inversely to Obama. As a corrolary, the rejection of the "left right paradigm" by pseudo-intellectuals like the author of the initial post manages to ignore the reality of competing poltical ideologies denoted 'left' and 'right,' e.g. big governmnet nanny state versus small governement libertarianism. Sarah Palin is closest thing the American political system has seen to the latter since Calvin Coolidge, and thus she is precisely the greatest threat to the polticial establishment in the field today, thus the media must destroy her. QED

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Cherryontop

There is a place on ats were you can rant without looking like a goof. It's called the rant forum. Instead of whining why dont you do something about it.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Nah. I can't take a letter like that seriously, when the idiot disguises his true motives. Bait and switch. He's crying about Sarah Palin having positive poll numbers, then berates "teabaggers", the same people protesting higher taxes and more Government -- the same thing he's supposedly mad at. Then he goes on to the proverbial "left-right paradigm" rant, trying to make it sound like he's down the middle and not for either party, when it's clear he's a liberal.

I've seen a couple of threads similar to this letter the last week or so on here, about how the whole Government is bad but Obama is trying to save us all. LOL. They're trying to tie in conspiracies convenient to their beliefs and leave enough wiggle room so they're allowed to worship their plastic idol.

I'm all for Ron Paul, and personally, Sarah Palin isn't my cup of tea. I'd like to vote for someone like Jesse Ventura......

I can appreciate the writer's passion, but he has to direct it to both sides. To me (imo), it came off as a disguised rant and misguided (I don't see how you can berate and poke fun at citizens protesting their Government).

Entertaining read though!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Brilliant, even if it is a full of frustration. I don't approve of the violent aspects, but I do agree with a fair bit of the letter. The right vs left crap is ridiculous. Then, if you attack the entire system, you get labeled as one or the other because your comments seemed slightly leaning towards one so you must have secret motives. You can't legitimately be smart enough to exist outside the brainwashed corrupt system.

Ultimately, I think we have several groups who legitimately want what's best for the country. They all want to go a different route. But while we're all arguing, the people in charge are using the distraction to stab us in the back yet again. So the arguing serves them and hurts us. We all agree something is wrong. But we can't deal with the problems when we're at each others throats. There IS common ground for many ideologies, but it serves "them" to keep us fighting.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by NibiruWarrior

It's the fluoride. The problem with coming off fluoride is that people tend to be suicidal. That's also the problem with quitting smoking. Cigarettes have fluoride so people trying to quit feel suicidal and go back to smoking. The fluoride is causing us to be stupid and slow and complacent. It's hard to find water that doesn't have it. Even bottled water usually has fluoride. The fluoride destroys your drive, and saps your energy. Most of the cronic illnesses we have are actually fluoride poisoning. The ptb control the medical industry, so the doctors aren't going to give you a diagnosis of fluoride poisoning.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
We hear this stuff everyday. This is nothing new. It's as if none of you people have the same thoughts rambling through you heads everyday. This is typical of what much of the world is thinking. This is just more negativity to bring the peoples self-esteem down and probably a reflection of his own. And let us not forget that the world as a whole isn't much better. I mean do people like this actually think their thoughts process are much different then your average American.

This is only more negativity to add to what the whole world is going through. I mean what about the countries you all live in? Do you think that your own governments think and do things that are much different than America?
People just want something to complain about. I mean lets think here. If this person actually lived in America do you think he would be any different then anyone else?
I am not saying America isn't corrupt. That would be absurd. I think every country is corrupt. That is human nature. Or at least human nature to many of us. For all I know America is the most corrupt nation in the world. But every nation is corrupt since it is a reflection of its people. And I guarantee that most of the world is not far behind.

Let us say that the country you live in were to have the power and economy of America. Do you think your country would be any different? Sure maybe it might start out good but all governments eventually become corrupt since they are a reflection of its people. People are greedy and all but similar.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Some of the points are true...but apparently delivered from the mouth of a sailor with all of the passion and anger of a fire-and-brimstone TV Evangelist, so I really can't take it seriously.

Plus he's calling all of us idiots when I'd like to think that there aren't as many sheeple on ATS than in the general populous...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DemonicAngelZero

"The right vs left crap is ridiculous"

Umm, really? There aren't two competing philosophical ideologies in this country? Socialized medicine versus private medicine? Big governement versus small government? High taxes vs low taxes?

What you meant to say is the Rep-Dem dichotomy is nonsense, because in either case you get bigger governement.

The left-right paradigm is very real and extremely important. Do we become a post-industrial coast to coast rust belt ala Detroit with the government providing, albeit ineffectively, for our every need (left), or do we rely on ourselves and finally turn off the giant monetary vacuum that is Washington (right)?

Its all actually very simple, except the people who claim to resent 'teh left-right paradigm' usually aren't terribly bright. The size of government increases under both Republicans and Democrats. The ideological impetus to break out of that system comes from a hard turn to the 'right,' vis-a-vis giving the tens of thousands of extraneous, parasitic federal employees pink slips, reducing taxes to the original constitutional mandate; embracing private education via charter schools, limiting congressional spending powers, reigining in the fed, etc etc.

This is why Sarah Palin is lambasted. She is the only true threat to the multi-trillion $ money spigot that politicians/bankers have erected under our noses.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
It's sad to see so many Americans not supporting the BLATANTLY OBVIOUS occurances transpiring in their good old US of A. When in Australia, we see it plain as day. America is struggling to retain it's world power status.. It's economy is in crisis and this aversion of the "GFC" is a load of "bolony". research ecenomic bubbles bursting.. the dollar is being maintained for a limited time, before it is delberately and systematically destroyed.

America is being run into the ground much like USSR/Nazi Germany etc etc was.

Your constitution has literally been shredded by new laws instituted to the poppulace by "well meaning" politicians, who are oh so full of helpful insight when it comes to challenging their oponents, but in true politician style, they backflip and commit another 30,000 troops to protect the Oil pipeline they are attempting to secure. You are already saying goodbye to ability of free speach, personal Information and Justice..

I bet you, that the people who are dismissing this statement, are not being affected by loss of jobs and other negative occurances directly, probably because they are too young and are supported by their parents who are feeling the pinch of hyper inflation and loss of work - though not telling their kids in fear of frightening them.

I have seen a documentary on ABC news, where they showed a report from an American Journalist, travelling to several different "mall" sites in a single area, that are now shut down due to people not having money to spend on their goods. These malls were huge and only a few years ago, flourishing with people.

This is a direct sign (go learn something about simple mechanics of ecenomics if you don;t believe me) that the populace is struggling. struggling to pay their bills and feed their families and live.

On Obamas Christams special, where he gave himself a "B+" from memory, he reiterated the fact he was not "forgetting" about the thousands of struggling families effected by the GFC. Obvisouly this is not uncommon knowledge in the US.

When was the last CIVIL war in America - Some of the things i have seen here on this site, would lead me to believe that FEMA camps are more likely going to be used on disruptive inhabitants of their OWN COUNTRY than to house "whatever" they are kying about at this present time...

Some evidence showing this (imo) is how US troops are being trained on how to deal with citizen control. Something American personell are coming out. distressed, talking about.

Do some thinking, prior the thse gun toting destroyers knocking on your door - because when that happens, not even ATS info will save you, you be in a fema camp, or worse. I'd hate to see America go down the drain - it's already being sold out and it's people shipped off to other parts of the world to wage war.

Another interesting fact is that the US army is only now reaching it's recruitment goals as projected.. Why, cuase there are no jobs - perhaps this financial crisis was constructed to inflate military recruitment drives? As we all know, when people cannot work ina profession, they choose the Army.

Wat do armies do?

Kill sh1t.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I do believe that people are getting sick of the political bias. It's a growing trend, just hasn't grown to full fruition yet. There is a growing frustration towards both parties. Mark my words, people are looking at alternatives, perhaps we will be seeing more independents and the making of an independent president in the next ten to fifteen years. People are looking for alternative news more than ever, thanks to the internet people ARE waking up. Just be patient, I really think there is a chance.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
"Shake the authors hand?" FOR WHAT??? A RANT???

Oh Please...I've been reading this "We're not going to take it" and "Patrick Henry" and "United we stand" BS for years now.
None of you so-called "Patriots" are going to do a damn thing except sit on your fat butts and spew your "Revolution" rhetoric on blog sites.

Yeah, right! So what have you and all of your so-called Patriot Militia been waiting for…Armageddon?

BUNK & BULL!!! Over the past decade I’ve seen perhaps millions of “Revolution, Militia, Patriot, Liberty, “We the People” TALKERS!!! You TALK & TALK & TALK & RANT & RANT & RANT on blog boards about “rising up” and “overcoming” and “revolution” and “taking down the elite” & “We the people will not be stopped” and "I'm with you...count me in" and "Yeah, RIGHT ON MAN!! We're locked and loaded and ready to bring down those corporate elite bastards!!!" …etc. BULL#, BULL# and more BULL#!!!

But never once have I seen ANY REAL ACTION from any of you so-called American Patriots!!! I don’t even see people “protesting” in the streets over much less horrid situations like we did in my day.

I’m an old man. I have a heart condition.
And I’m honest enough to say that I’m not sure that even if I were 20 years old again would I be certain that I really have enough courage to put my life on the line for a righteous cause like our lost American Liberties and Freedoms. Perhaps, even as I admit that I am a coward, I would need to be more properly motivated.

Perhaps once I finally SAW the movement against such tyranny begins to roll out in a viable, substantive & active way, or actually witnessed my fellow Americans dying in the streets or innocent blood being spilt before my very eyes in this righteous cause I might then find the inner fortitude to join up and put my life on the line. But at least as an admitted coward, I don’t feel I have a right to join in such discussions I hardly ever blog at all. I don’t spend my time talking about how I brave I am and how myself and my fellow Patriots are geared up and ready to go. For me to do that would be the height of hypocrisy.

So, feeling that I am too much of a coward to do so then I certainly wouldn’t sit around blog sites all day TALKING about how brave me and my fellow Patriots were and we’ve been around since 93 (or whenever) and we’re ready to battle the evil forces of the elite and take back out country. BUNK!!!
If you all we’re going to actually DO SOMETHING it would have been done by now!!! If you (and other) great American Patriots are “ALREADY IN PLACE…SINCE 93″ then what on God’s green Earth are you waiting for? Quit attempting to inflate your own egos. If you REALLY have the resources you need to bring about your desired change then (as Yoda says) “There is no ‘try’ either DO or DON’T DO.” All I’ve ever seen is the latter.

All of you American Patriot bloggers and braggarts…either ACT as you say you would like to act AND claim that you have the power to or QUIT TALKING!!!

I almost never post blogs but I apologize to anybody that I may have offended. I simply had to finally vent what was on my mind.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by misterhype

i agree with this post completely but now we need a solution. anybody have any ideas to really begin to fix these issues?

yes post this letter on every craigs list(farm and garden address to shadow government) and send it forward. You will probably see it come back around through chain emails etc... start the snow ball rolling.. And they think they are smarter than you are real codewords to go get them so..............

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by tetrahedron

Actually, I find most "A vs B" arguments to be completely ridiculous. Left vs right. Democrats vs Republicans. Christians vs Muslims. Red Vs Blue. Apples vs Oranges. Black vs White. Nylon vs Cotton. Meat eaters vs leaf eaters.

Both group (no matter the cause) tends to paint this rosy picture like they're absolutely and infallibly correct and everyone else is a moron. The ego is so thick, no one is willing to admit than opposing view points are often alternate possibilities and not necessarily absolute right and wrong. With some, it's easy to see than they've build up these ideological walls so thick and so high, they've build their own prison. Where it's either their way or no way and everyone who disagrees is an enemy.

It's tragic to paint such a black and white world image when there are so many colors to choose from.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

I hate what america has become

And what has 'it' become really? It started out as a nation of slave owners and ended up as a nation of slaves.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I agree with OP's sentiments whole heartedly, not 99% but 100% and I am one of the people who fight the armies literally, and yes I am not winning the battle against them, but I am giving them hell across doing so.

GREAT POST!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
You guys say the same thing all the time, when are you going to learn there is nothing you and I can do, yes you can switch off the tv but what then? yes you can stop buying from wal mart but what then?, you and I are fickle - yes I said fickle, if the price is right we will all buy in to it. FICKLE! the truth is its dog eat dog and thats life.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Let me guess which Craigslist you found this on....Berkeley? San Francisco?

If that is truly how you see this country do it's citizenry a favor would you? Please remember a little thing called FREEDOM. Please exercise your FREEDOM to move your *SNIP to North Korea, Cuba or any other of a long list of countries. Hell, you just let me know and I will be more than happy to come help you with your travel arrangements.

From the looks of your post I would say it is quickly becoming land of the blind and home of common sense's grave.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Will you stop with the liberal/conservative thing???

Those who've posted comments saying oh probably written by a liberal bla bla bla, obviously didn't read it or missed the part about the liberal/conservative divide.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join