It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would Chairs look like if our kneecaps were backwards...?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Hello again and sorry Mods please feel free to move this to BTS or wherever.

I've had a question that's been destroying my brain just trying to think about: What would chairs look like if our Kneecaps were on Backwards?

Seriously I know it sounds stupid but can someone please draw me a diagram of a practical chair if humans kneecaps and down only bent the other way?

Again I apologize HAHAHA, but this has been bugging me for quite some time....

PS. Please no people who just wanna call me stupid and say I'm wasting time, I just figured ATS would be a better place for the quality of some of the science types here and the good lateral thinking skills.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by Occy Anonymous]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
LOL so random i had to reply. I dont think chairs would look different, you would still need a base to sit on and 3/4 legs to balance ( or similar weight supporting structure) only difference is your legs would fold on top of your thighs. Thats my first thought on the topic anyway....

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by moth7

HAHAHA yeah it is pretty random. See that is what I thout first but then I realized that our legs would only be able to fold up to 90degrees or so upwards, you wouldn't be able to fold them over. And just having them up in the air would be tiring and troublesome if you are trying to eat dinner...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I love this question.

Would it look a little like a chaise-longue with a dip in the middle?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by chillpill

That's a good idea, but they're so laid back you wouldn't be able to reach your dinner and if they were lower then the table and the the chair slid under, your legs wouldn't fit under.

But your definetly on the right idea about the basic shape I think.

HAHAHA, its a total mindF*** to me...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Either tall like stools or with long platforms extendind from the front like chaise lounges so the knees wouldn't have to bend at all.

That would be my guess.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Occy Anonymous

Hmmm...

You've been watching Chas Sheen in 'The Arrival' again haven't you.

Good film...backwards knees and all.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
The chairs would be triangular and we would sit on them backwards.

Like the spanish kid from 90210 - Slater.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Hahaha I've seen that movie, but actually this came from a "married with children" episode(greatest show ever)

thisguyrighthere: hmmm thats a good idea with the platforms, it would fit under the table if your legs weren't bent, but how would you get out?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

I don't understand.....wouldn't that mean we'd have to twist our torsos 180 to eat?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Reply to post by Occy Anonymous

There isn't some law saying tables have to be a certain way or that we even have to eat o er tables.

Use a tv tray.

Or we get rid of them altogether and sit on the floor like the Japanese.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Occy Anonymous
reply to post by Exuberant1

I don't understand.....wouldn't that mean we'd have to twist our torsos 180 to eat?

Of course you don't understand....

...It means you turn the chair around and face the direction of your food.

*Are you trolling me?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Obviously nothing would have to change, exept for a lower backsupport because one would sit with the belly against it.

If the kneecaps would be on the other side and our legs would bend the opposite way then our butts would not be behind, but in front.

Interesting hypothesis! It leaves one with a host of other problems, though:

If the butt is on the frontside, where would our genitalia be? On the back?

How does one pee? My G-d man, how does one make love?!

I think I like the current configuration best! Better leave a good design unchanged, would'nt you think?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Reply to post by BazzeMan

Wouldn't that be hip dependent rather than knee dependent? Are we assuming the hips and legs to be reversed with the knees? I was under the impression only the knees would be reversed.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
As the "Rooskees" say... "Das Va Danya"

There must be a site somewhere on the internet where one can go and not have to wade through stupid # like this.

Idiots!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Are you serious? no wonder people are leaving ATS with posts like the crap you just posted.

what makes it worse is those that actually answer your idiotic question
This site is turning out to be a bigger joke than wilcock.

Its not just this post but take a look at most of the other posts

[edit on 12-1-2010 by enca78]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Yeah, that actually makes sense.. instead of changing the chairs, changing the tables would be much simpler. That TV tray coming from the side of a chaise lounge idea would be the best option. But sitting on the floor would pose some problems, we couldn't cross our legs like they do, and eating sideways sitting down would be really troublesome. But the Idea of just have the table come from the side is perfect.

Exuberant1: lol No definitely not trollin ya mate, I just don't understand, like our legs would bend front and upwards at 90degrees you couldn't eat around them and I didn't get the 90210 reference(it never really took off in OZ) But sorry if it seems I was trying to piss ya off or anything.

Bazzeman: OH GREAT! Now you got me thinking about how all that would work too hahaha. But for this, it is only the kneecaps that are backwards.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

Mate...you do not HAVE to wade through any of these topics if you don't want to!

The title of a thread is usually a clue to the general theme of the content you know..go on..say it...X minutes, you'll never get back blah blah bleeding blah...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

As i said I apologize if you feel that way, and said to feel free to move it to BTS. But no need to insult the thread simply because you don;t have an answer, and lay off the personal insults, both of you, coz the more you shout, the more I LOVE YALL
Tickle moster coming to getcha......

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
You know, I as I was going through this thread, I thought that, if our knee caps were flipped around, I don't think that we would not have even lasted long enough in the wild to get to the point where chairs were invented!

We wouldn't have been able to sit on logs or rocks or anything else really. We would always have to be standing, or living in trees. Oh! Maybe we'd be a society of tree dwellers. That'd'a been cool!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join