It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Lion Named Christian

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
For those of you who have seen this before, my apologies, I know this is old but I just found this recently and thought it was an important lesson in love...

A love story between man and beast...

Two men, Ace and John, bought a lion cub that weighed 35 pounds in 1969.....1 year later the cub weighed 185 pounds.....

They took Christian to Africa to live as a wild lion........

A year later they went to visit Christian and were told that the lion would not remember them....

To see more of the story click here...
www.youtube.com...

PEACE and LOVE...

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Well.

That might be the cutest damn thing I have ever seen.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I actually posted this video here in a thread I did previously.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are multiple versions of the video.

It is really a great story. Goes to show how much we know.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I always cry when I see that.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

Hey, the vid left off the last part where Christian brings his wild lioness friend into the mix.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I love this story, they play it all the time on tv and have interviewed the guys several times,but it's always so heartwarming to see him jump into their arms after a year apart! I love it!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Yeah .. I saw this some time back. This confirmed for me what I knew all along, that that all the critters on this planet are part of the same family.

The look on Christian's face when he sees his friends again is wonderful, and how his mate, a wild lion, welcomes them as kin is amazing.

Humans have lost their 'critterness', their natural connection to living things and the planet. We are barely civil for the most part, only out for our petty, trivial 'needs'

We share genetic code with every living critter on this planet. We are related to EVERYTHING. We are formed of the dirt, we breath the air, drink the water. We are part, but we have forgotten.

We need the cellphones and computers and cars and toys and clothes, all the so-called necessities of modern life, and we are plundering the planet for them. Most of the crap we come home from Walmart with we may as well toss in the garbage as soon as we are in the door; we wouldn't miss it if we did.

We have lost our civility for one another, if we ever had it. We need to respect and care for each other. We have no common cause; even amongst members of the same group, we're a bunch of selfish back-stabbers. Self interest is good, but so many are in it for themselves and the expense of everyone and everything else.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Inediblebulk

We have lost our civility for one another, if we ever had it. We need to respect and care for each other. We have no common cause; even amongst members of the same group, we're a bunch of selfish back-stabbers. Self interest is good, but so many are in it for themselves and the expense of everyone and everything else.

I would have agreed with that a few years ago....but now I do see a change starting to happen.....more respect for the earth and the things on it.

top topics

join