It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Havent Seen The Sun In Days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
i live in california, and for the past 6 days i have not seen the sun come out its being covered by fog. i know its winter but ive never seen this happen before.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by shadow12]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
it might be becaue your in califotnia but down here in the winter we dont see the sun for weeks.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by chaseninja]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by chaseninja

ya but its never been this cold

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I don't know where in Calif. you live but here where I am it is shining just like always.

Are you in the bay area perhaps?

[edit on 10-1-2010 by calcoastseeker]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by calcoastseeker

no central cali

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
yea there are alot of theories on why its so cold this winter everywhere they are all interesting,but i doubt they are true. but who am i to judge?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by shadow12

i like in the uk and have seen the sun very bright

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadow12
i live in california, and for the past 6 days i have not seen the sun come out its being covered by fog. i know its winter but ive never seen this happen before.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by shadow12]

i have lived in the central valley of california for decades, and this happens every year...fog bank covers the valley...if you go above 1500 to 2000 feet into the foothills, you will break out into glorious sunshine...it's a routine weather condition here for winter.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
OP, I am in the same boat as you. Haven't seen the sun for about two weeks actually. OF course, I dont go out side very much to begin with

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

your probably right, maybe im getting paranoid

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The Sacramento record for foggy days in January is 23. I believe the number of overcast days without sun is about twice that but can't find the data.

Since fog tabulations began in 1949, the record for January was set in 1961, when Sacramento endured 23 densely foggy days. That's also the all-time greatest number of non-consecutive days of dense fog in a month.

source

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I live outside of Chicago and also did not see the sun for a week or so, but on friday our tow truck driver came in and said "you gotta come see the sun". It was near sundown so i figured just another pink horizon, but when i went outside there was a sun pillar! Very much worth the wait. Hang in there, it will return.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by shadow12

Its going to happen more often. No sunspots means the Earth is not protected from Cosmic rays by the magnetic field they generate. 20-30% more cosmic rays hitting the Earth in the last 2 years. Cosmic rays interact with water vapor in the atmosphere to create clouds (and fog). More clouds..more of the Sun's heat reflected back into space...more rain..cooler planet. New Ice age coming.. crops fail.. summers without summer..people starve... Al Gore gets Bar-B-Qued by starving angry people who were duped by his global warming BS.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

JimmyX, I live just down the road from you in Manteca. I grew up in the "Delta" region and not seeing the sun for 6 days is pretty normal this time of year.

Personally, I don't think the fog has been that bad this year so far.

new topics

top topics

join