It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former guards with US security firm charged in Afghanistan deaths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Former guards with US security firm charged in Afghanistan deaths

www.guardian.co.uk

Two former guards with the security company Blackwater have been charged in the US with the murder of Afghan civilians in a case likely to reinforce accusations that the firm ran a rogue militia that showed a reckless disregard for human life.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Blackwater seems to be up to it's old tricks again. Some interesting snippets in that article.

This bit at the end caught my attention:

Despite Blackwater's contentious record, the US military and intelligence agencies continue to maintain a close relationship with the company. Two of the CIA workers killed in a suicide bombing in Afghanistan this week were private contractors with Blackwater.

I hadn't realised some of those CIA killed in Afghanistan were from Blackwater ... hmm

Makes you wonder if the recent accusations of US forces having killed those students might involve them too.... probably not, but it does make one think. They seem to be involved everywhere.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Interesting... Last week 7 of them got let off with murder when a judge ruled the evidence gathering had been unscrupulous - yeah, because that's far worse than the crimes they were accused of(?)!

Also, how can Blackwater employees be classed as CIA operatives, while contracting?Surely one must go through all kinds of rigorous testing, programs and so on to be recruited into the CIA... but here are private contractors with private training being classified as CIA agents... I don't know of any company that even classifies contractors as employees, or have I missed something?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pr0t0
Interesting... Last week 7 of them got let off with murder when a judge ruled the evidence gathering had been unscrupulous - yeah, because that's far worse than the crimes they were accused of(?)!

Apparently they are going to pay compensation to the families of the people they killed... Seems the old full wallet can solve everything nowadays

Originally posted by Pr0t0Also, how can Blackwater employees be classed as CIA operatives, while contracting?Surely one must go through all kinds of rigorous testing, programs and so on to be recruited into the CIA... but here are private contractors with private training being classified as CIA agents... I don't know of any company that even classifies contractors as employees, or have I missed something?

I suppose, technically, if they were under the employment of the CIA at the time they could be classed as CIA operatives.

Seems to me the whole thing has got so murky now, it's hard to tell where the CIA ends and Bkackwater begins.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pr0t0
Also, how can Blackwater employees be classed as CIA operatives, while contracting?Surely one must go through all kinds of rigorous testing, programs and so on to be recruited into the CIA... but here are private contractors with private training being classified as CIA agents... I don't know of any company that even classifies contractors as employees, or have I missed something?

You have to understand that 90% of Blackwater personnel are former Special Ops guys who the CIA couldn't teach anything more too. To the CIA this is valuable because they can simply "attach" these guys to a team of operatives and move out. As for them being CIA, that is MOST LIKELY attributed to media confusion and the CIA not correcting the matter.

new topics

top topics

join