It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Developing: St. Louis Police Respond to Workplace Shooting, Gunman on Loose

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Developing: St. Louis Police Respond to Workplace Shooting, Gunman on Loose

www.foxnews.com

DEVELOPING: St. Louis police have responded to the scene of a reported workplace shooting in the northern part of the city.

A man reportedly entered a power company, said to be ABB Power, with a large assault rifle, police said, Fox 2 St. Louis reported.

Police received a call about the shooter at 6:30 a.m. local time.

The St. Louis Fire Department has confirmed to Fox 2 that there are four victims and said the gunman is still at large.

It is not known whether the victims were wounded or killed.

Family members of people who work at the power company have been calling into Fox 2
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
And yet again... another disgruntled worker.

It's sad to see that people are turning to this kind of behavior. I remember when you hardly ever heard about this stuff. Now it seems to be an every day kind of thing to hear on the nears. Hell, people aren't all that surprised anymore. They just think... well, it isn't me and then they change the channel.

Turns out the guy is still on the loose. Hopefully, no one else gets hurt.

Will keep you updated if I hear anything new...

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Looks like they believe the gunman is still in the building and there are still a lot of workers inside the building locking themselves inside store rooms and such...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
More details at this link...
Source: St. Louis Post

The scene was so chaotic that even the descriptions of the gunman were confusing to police. At first, a witness described the gunman only as a black man, about 5-foot-8 or 5-foot-9, wearing a tan coat and carrying a semiautomatic weapon. Later, a company supervisor called police to give the name of a disgruntled worker who had possibly been recently fired. That worker was a white man.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I agree with you. It's sad to see individuals implode nowadays.

There is continually more stress and worry in today's society.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by x2Strongx

I think whats sad'er is the fact that people feel they need to do stuff like this to make people take notice. Says a lot about society these days.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Algebra

I think whats sad'er is the fact that people feel they need to do stuff like this to make people take notice. Says a lot about society these days.

dont be quick to judge this shooter, it could be a fatal mistake...

They are reports that he was an employee of 25-30 years. He was NOT fired and no one knows any motive he would have. He had an AK-47 and reports are coming in of ANOTHER weapon! This guy could mean business and I think St. Louis realizes this because that place is LOCKED DOWN

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by kyle43

Rodger Dodger.

What ever his gripe with the world or that company. I hope nobody else gets hurt.

Sounds like it could just be some nut case. I bet love or money is envolved somewhere down the line.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
5 people have been shot... Not sure on the extent of the injuries.

Gunman still at large...

Reports that the gunman has an AK-47 along with a handgun and ammo belt.

Police blocked off 3 mile radius around the area and have shut down Hwy 70 that runs along side the business.

[edit on 1/7/2010 by x2Strongx]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Watching it on fox on tv. They are saying one of the victims is dead. They keep going back from this to the Presidents Speech on the nigerian bomber and security. Id expect they would follow this story alot more than they are doing at the moment.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I never understood violent aggression or "revenge" as a motive.

Even on the school yard getting the snot kicked out of you for calling a kid a douchebag just goes to support the fact that the kid is indeed a douchebag.

So you go into work to exact revenge or whatever. Well, what is accomplished? Dead people cant learn 'lessons.' And you will just end up dead yourself. And now that business will have a hell of a time moving forward meaning no jobs or lower quality jobs for more people.

By doing this type of thing you're just making life a lot worse for everyone else. So unless the only motive is to spread misery you will always fail.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Sadly I think this is the future face of America. As the stress level increases; those on the edge will twist off and turn to violence as a response to the rage and impotence they feel.

In this new year I predict that these type of events will become increasingly common and cluster during the elections.

My prayers go out to the killed and wonded innocents, present and future.

God help us.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Source: St. Louis Post Dispatch

Police say the man they are looking for is Timothy Hendron, 51, of Webster Groves. He drives a pewter-colored Nissan truck with Missouri license plate OKK 696. The Post-Dispatch has learned that Hendron was a plaintiff in a class-action federal lawsuit against ABB and its pension review committee over financial losses.

Also on the source listed on this post... is a time sequence of the events that lead up to now.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

We in the U.K are lucky i suppose. Gun crime although on the increase is still next to zero compared with the U.S.

I think are good old British reserve, means we'd probably rather hang ourselves than go on a killing spree. When this hits Britain i will definatley start to worry. Sadly i think its just a matter of time.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Not surprising since it's North St. Louis. That's the bad part of town. (really bad)

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
www.stltoday.com...

SWAT team members searched for nearly four frantic hours for the gunman

Police at Columbine were roundly criticized for setting up a perimeter while the gunmen were still shooting inside the school. They claimed they had learned their lesson and would henceforth go after the active shooter. Apparently the St. Louis cops have not learned this lesson. If you are ever caught in one of these incidents, you will be on your own.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by starviego]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by starviego

Cops never run in to save anyone. They wait outside for the shooter to kill himself then they come charging in like heroes.

My personal favorite is the Petit family in CT. Cops stood around outside while the perps raped and beat the daugher and mother then set fire to their bodies still alive.

As it was reported the cops were still standing around outside after the perps had fled. Autopsy reported the children died of the smoke so there was plenty of time to at least attempt a rescue.

When the cops come to help you're better off running.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
3 Dead, 4 Wounded In St. Louis Plant Shooting
Authorities now say three people are dead and four are wounded after a man armed
with an assault rifle and a handgun opened fire at a St. Louis manufacturing
plant.

MORE DETAILS: www.clickondetroit.com...

More senseless killings.....

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Looks like the shooter is dead. They are waiting on the family to identify the body. They aren't sure if his wounds are self inflicted or not...

According to the article in the Post Dispatch... Sounds like he was a "GOOD" citizen until this incident.
Source: St. Louis Post Dispatch

Meanwhile, Webster Groves Police Lt. Andrew Miller said his department had no record of having ever responded to any disturbances at the home, at 307 Dobbin Road, where Hendron lived with his wife and an adult child.

<<   2 >>

join