It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Orders Air Strikes on Guantanamo Bay, Cuba

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Sorry guys, this article turns out to be something of satire.
Please read it anyways, as it's kind of funny.

SOURCE

[edit on 6-1-2010 by patmac]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I'll give you a Star since your title grabbed me and had me ready to debunk this, only to find out it was satire. That made me smile.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I hope you aren't taking this seriously... this is obviously a joke article, and a funny one at that.

This did NOT HAPPEN.

If you look at the bottom of the page, it's even listed under the "satire" section.

It was quite a good read though, a great satire on the power abuses and mentality that the government seems to have.

“We killed a whole damn bunch of them there terrorist sons of bitches,” the source said, the sound of clinking glasses and celebratory gunfire audible in the background.

President Barack Obama himself authorized the mission, according to the officials, upon receiving word that nearly half of the men based at the Guantanamo Bay facility were Yemeni nationals, some of whom were suspected of being Muslim and having maintained an interest in herding sheep, possibly in order to recruit them as suicide bombers.

TOO funny!

I love articles like these... I have always thought that satire and irony are the best way to get messages heard and understood.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

A couple of other people also disagreed with the president’s decision, questioning the morality and wisdom of handing one fallible man the unilateral power to order the death of anyone he chooses, but no one really takes them seriously.

Priceless satire.

We need a forum here on ATS to post these funny satire stories, just to lighten the place up a little.

There's not even a place on BTS for this stuff, I checked.

new topics

top topics

join