It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where does mainstream news get their news?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Where does mainstream news get their news?

www.veteranstoday.com

Who says Al Qaeda takes credit for a bombing? Rita Katz. Who gets us bin Laden tapes? Rita Katz. Who gets us prettymuch all information telling us Muslims are bad? Rita Katz? Rita Katz is the Director of Site Intelligence, primary source for intelligence used by news services, Homeland Security, the FBI and CIA. What is her qualification? She served in the Israeli Defense Force. She has a college degree and most investigative journalists believe the Mossad "helps" her with her informati
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Okay so first of all.....
I am not too fond of the thread title or article title
So let's not focus on that shall we?

Okay, now........ moving on!

Who is Rita Katz, is this true?

Do all mainstream news organization get the majority of their news from SITE?

This is not an attack on Israel just to let everyone know.
But I would like to know more about SITE

www.veteranstoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The truth about what I saw was a bunch of high level European Intel would sit around and talk about t a year in advance.....lol..kind of.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Reports that Al Qaeda was responsible for bombing the mosque and train station were given to us by an Israeli woman who says she found it on the internet.

Yes, despite a massive manhunt by the world's intelligence agencies, BL seems to evade their combined efforts, staying on the run. But he still has time to drop into his recording studio and cook up a fresh tape for the likes of Rita Katz and her outfit called S.I.T.E. SITE is staffed by TWO people, Katz and a Josh Devon.

Yet these two individuals manage to do what the ENTIRE combined assets of the world's Western intelligence can't:

Be the first to obtain fresh video and audio tapes from aL-Qaeda with Bin Laden making threats and issuing various other comments. If BL appears a bit "stiff" in the latest release, that's because he is real stiff, as in dead.

I always wondered who verified the info when Al Queda claims responsibility for something.

Turns out it's some girl surfing the web.

The MSM should be ashamed of themselves.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by FortAnthem]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I was wondering the same thing lately.

It seems all the news channels take their cues from the same people to know which stories to run with and which not to. They never cover anything that matters when they should.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Sept. 7, 2007: SITE obtained a 30-minute video of "Osama bin Laden" and provided it to Associated Press. Bin Laden's image is "frozen" for all but 3½ minutes of the tape. [7] SITE "beat al-Qaeda by nearly a full day with the release of the ... video". [8] The US government later pronounced the video authentic.

en.wikipedia.org...

Wow that's pretty serious, the same tape where bin laden had the ring on the wrong finger and wore an earing which is forbidden in islam?

that tape?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
ModernAcademia, you continue to gather some of the most amazing and interesting articles on this forum. I would applaud you if I could, on a daily basis. Please continue the effort, friend. Good read!

On a side note..
[color=#484644]Where does ModernAcademia get his news from?

[edit on 5-1-2010 by patmac]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Rita Katz is the best. Why arent WE putting out new OBL videos? Jeez, we even out-source our propoganda. The NSA and CIA should take a little more pride in their work and not just copy Israel's homework.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The "News Entertainment" industry has it's fingers in a lot of pies, with big shareholders to reward and investments to protect. They are also NOT obliged to tell us the truth, something that is plainly obvious.

So, the days of real investigative journalism are dead, certainly where the mainstream is concerned, and so the blogosphere has taken up the slack and now provides the real news and events, not the sanitized government sanctioned versions of events or which pop idol is currently shacked up with with which footballer / actor (or actress) etc.
Even simple fact checking seems beyond the mainstream media these days and far too much seems to come from unnamed official sources or statements made by those wishing to "maintain anonymity" as they are not sanctioned to give statements. I'm sorry, that is not journalism and anyone could make up anything and pass it off as "News".
So many times we also see headline material which is later quietly debunked - but where are the equally important retractions, if they even get into print at all? A retraction is even more important than the original story as it sets the record straight, rather than leaving everyone thinking that the original story was true. But, of course, that is by design.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
WDF that video of Palestinian clapping and dancing was of 1991 but shown as after 9/11?? Wow !!

Anyway, I found her investigative profile here: www.spinprofiles.org...

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Truly eye opening!

They feed it to us and we eat it up.

S+F

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Several years ago there were lots of posts here on ATS claimed that AQ / OBL videos were fake because SITE was always the one who was credited in the news for locating them.

So I got off my duff and started digging to see if I could find them.
And find them I did.

Over the course of a couple years I've located hundreds of related sites, and posted about the videos right here on ATS before SITE, or the MSM finds them many many times.

You know they are not hard to find, because I'm not the brightest lightbulb on ATS. Any of you could do the same with a little effort.

SITE gets the credit because they have spent several years buillding a reputation and professional manner for collecting and distributing the material.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

I don't put much faith in many videos that i see.

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

You shouldn't. Videos are relatively easy to fake and voiceover.

Its much harder to get invited into one of the sites, build up a reputation as an honest islamic extremist so they will allow you to post an important new video of say OBL, and have their membership believe you and redistribute it , but it could be done I suppose.

All I can say for sure is that anyone who puts forth the effort can go find the videos before SITE does. I've done it, posted about it here on ATS many times, and a handful of other members here know what I'm speaking about.

[edit on 1/5/10 by makeitso]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Funny, if it wasn't so true, the US is indeed a consuming nation, outsource everything, soon I think they will run out of things to outsource.. and just be someplace to sell things to......

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
This is a great find and in some ways may play into another one of your threads today regarding the incident that happened in Miami where an Ohio man of Palestinian descent was taken off of the plane for acting unruly and allegedly making racist comments.

As a resident of Miami I read the Herald everyday and subscribe to it online. Its not the New York or Los Angeles Times though it does have some independent reporters of its own who do excellent work, the majority of the stories it publishes regarding local news are often short, poorly written and totally devoid of the Who, What, When, Why and Where that classic journalism is all about.

So you can better appreciate just how important this story was to the Herald today this is in the order that their morning email placed the most important stories.

Aspiring Michigan model found burned in North Miami trash bin
Hollywood aims to fire six police department employees
Inside tranquil Fairchild Tropical garden, turmoil grows
How Floridians survive the big chill
Four passengers taken off Miami-to-Detroit flight

As you can see it wasn’t really a big story as far as the Herald and Miami attitudes go, things like a dead model found in a trash bin, the firing of local police department employees, disputes on how to manage a popular local tourist attraction, and our unusual cold snap were considered more important stories.

The Herald allows all subscribers to blog directly underneath each and every news article, op-ed, and column and a number of the posters were amazed at how well written the story on the airline incident was written. It included far more information than the Herald usually adds to its article and many people questioned then well who wrote the article.

It seems you may have stumbled upon that. War on Terror related stories are being crafted by Zionist Israel for maximum emotional effect and to lead to desired conclusions through emotional manipulation in how the story is written and presented and then spoon fed to media outlets to brand it locally.

It is actually our governments who are terrorizing us and trying to keep us in a perpetual state of fear and mistrust for the benefit of Zionist Israel, the Military Industrial Complex and the Banks that finance the debt that it creates.

Yesterday another story appeared in California were several TSA employees claimed to have fallen ill after discovering an explosive liquid packed into gator aide jars. It turned out the liquid was honey!

We need to expose and denounce these manipulations and end the War on Terror which really isn’t Islam fighting against the West, but the West fighting against its own citizens to get it to persecute and fight the East.

It’s a travesty much like Zionist Israel itself is.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
You know I have noticed something else lately also, what happened to terrorists beheading prisoners. It seems like it only happened a couple of times when they were still trying to sell the war to us but it stopped after a while. What changed? Do terrorists not want to be extremely evil anymore? I remember feeling a great anger and hate when I first heard an innocent man was beheaded on video. I remember telling my father "they deserve whats coming to them(the terrorists)." I remember him telling me "I do not presume to know what is really going on in the world right now, but I do know not everything is what it seems." Now we seem to have a terrorist attack or attempt one every time the country seems to question the government more.

Good article and good post, its time for us to start questioning the system.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 3vilscript

Good Point

check this out

Two former CIA officials have admitted to creating a fake video in which intelligence officers dressed up as Osama Bin Laden and his cronies in an effort to defame the terrorist leader throughout the middle east.

Despite the fact that the man in the video looks nothing like Bin Laden, the CIA stood by it and declared it to be the official “9/11 confession video”.

open.salon.com...

top topics

join