It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hemp Oil Cures Cancer!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
well i just came across this.

current.com...

there are many many related links to check out if you can find them, as well as 2 videos on this site. ONE OF WHICH HAS ALREADY BEEN REMOVED FROM YOUTUBE

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I for one think that marijuana should be legal and people should be able to use it for food, fuel, medicinal or recreational purposes. However, people like you think they are advancing the cause to legalize marijuana when you make outlandish claims about it. In fact, you are hurting the cause because you are taking credibility away from the cause.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

i don't think the OP is making an outlandish claim.

did you even click the link and read the article?
if you have, then what exactly is your beef?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

However, people like you think they are advancing the cause to legalize marijuana when you make outlandish claims about it. In fact, you are hurting the cause because you are taking credibility away from the cause.

Hemp and marijuana are two different plants and people that think legalizing hemp will make marijuana legal are in for a rude shock.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
No. It doesn't.

Wish it did, but it doesn't. There is no "Magical cure" for cancer that we've had under our noses all along but no one discovered. Sorry, doesn't exist.

About the best we can do for curing cancer is figuring out and attacking the cause of cancer and letting our bodies do the rest. Or nanites possibly. That's about it.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Wonder if the Netherlands are becoming cancer free now?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I've heard this stuff from many sources before.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

Not for anything but you make it sound like im a stoner.
Im 21 years old.
Been through the phase,
Done with it.

Thanks for your input though.

In reality I was doing some random searching and found a day old article about something I found interesting.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by sgrrsh26]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
You can buy helm oil in any health food store except it has not THC in it. Its used for salad dressings or you can take it with a teaspoon. It has a nutty flavor taste and a bit strong. Suppose to be good for the heart and other things for the body which I forgot what they are at this moment. I wouldn't know where to get the oil with THC in it for the ones that do not want to smoke the stuff. Give it a try if you can find it and report about it if it works or not. Hoping what you find what you are looking for and good health to all.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
If this isn't a great endorsement for hemp, I don't know wtf is. Hemp isn't bad, but marajuana is, to a point. Well it is better than ciggarettes and alcohol, that our government runs and owns. See the loop there? It's all about the money.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
OP, the article states that the introduction of THC "shrank or destroyed tumors in a majority of the test subjects" Not that the oil of the plant cures cancer. The oil comes from the seeds of cannabis. The seeds contain very little to no cannabinoids.

Also, the 2nd poster is correct in saying that grand claims such as this, even if true, will not help to change the minds of the people that see it as an evil.
Misrepresentation of cannabis on behalf of those looking to legalize it for any reason, only hurts the movement to legalize it.

To another poster. Industrial hemp and medical/recreational cannabis are both one and the same plant. Cannabis Sativa. That is not to say all Cannabis Sativa is the same. It is far from it. Plants grown for paper or cloth look different than those grown for food or fuel.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sporkmonster

To another poster. Industrial hemp and medical/recreational cannabis are both one and the same plant. Cannabis Sativa. That is not to say all Cannabis Sativa is the same. It is far from it. Plants grown for paper or cloth look different than those grown for food or fuel.

Cannabis sativa L. subsp. sativa var. sativa is the variety grown for industrial use in Europe, Canada, and elsewhere, while C. sativa subsp. indica generally has poor fiber quality and is primarily used for production of recreational and medicinal drugs.
en.wikipedia.org...

been around and know the difference.
Cannabis Sativa sub species Sativa. is the industrial hemp.
Cannabis Sativa sub species Indica is the smoking type.

TWO DIFFERENT PLANTS.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

I agree that only sativa is used for industrial purposes.
Both sativa and indica are used for med/rec.

Most of what is grown for med/rec is a long running genetic mix of both. There are appropriate forums out there to discuss that further, with people who have extensive knowledge on the subject.

I do not wish to continue any further debate on med/rec usage of cannabis, seeing as it is not a favored topic on ATS. I do not mind debating the merits of hemp and how it's use in america might change our society, though.

Edit to reply to a post of yours: "Hemp and marijuana are two different plants and people that think legalizing hemp will make marijuana legal are in for a rude shock."

I totally agree that said people would be in for a heck of a shock.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by sporkmonster]

[edit on 5-1-2010 by sporkmonster]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Hehe.

I can't believe you guys just engaged in this debate on ATS, this is awesome.

Last I knew there wasn't a consensus on the nomenclature of cannabis and it has changed a few times. And depending on who and what you source you're both right.

All you need to know is that hemp cannabis is specifically bred towards fiber producing traits and keeping the cannabinoid production below a prescribed level (whatever it is, don't remember of the top of my head) so it has zero effect. That's the trick in legislation, the cannabinoid level that defines hemp and how they could legalize one type of cannabis and not the other.

Medical/recreational cannabis is bred with other goals in mind.

You can use medical/recreational cannabis for fiber production the same as hemp but medical/recreational cannabis hasn't been specifically bred for this purpose and is inferior to the plants that have been bred specifically for fiber.

Hypothetically, if cannabis were legal, a corporation like Pinkerton Tobacco Co. could fill their fields with recreational cannabis that they could sell at liqour stores and then also use the separated stalks for fiber production after processing the cannabis. Although I do NOT endorse this idea because I don't endorse anything against ATS policies while posting at ATS.

----------------------------------------------------

As far as the thread goes... this could be an entire sub-conspiracy in the cannabis conspiracy. I've seen the studies that conclude cannabis is anticarcinogenic, and I've read about Rick Simpson, and when you consider that the farthest they're allowed to get in lab testing is a synthetic form of THC, sans the other plethora of cannabinoids, I wouldn't be so quick to say that cannabis DOESN'T cure cancer.

I'm not going to say that it definitely does but I find Rick Simpson's circumstantial evidence interesting as it's the closest we can get right now.

The AMA wants to reschedule cannabis so they can perform more testing on the extent of it's medicinal capabilities and I sure hope it happens. We need less restriction on testing so we can answer these questions that people think are already answered... when they're simply not. Legislation has kept cannabis pretty much out of the laboratory since we've come up with all the gadgets that can tell us these things.

There's a lot to be tested.. concentration, WHAT cannabinoids, dose, frequency of dose, etc....One test with synthetic THC saying that its anticarcinogenic is actually pretty promising and warrants more testing. Apparently the AMA agrees with me.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by ImaNutter]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sporkmonster

actually if you follow some links you will find that the Oil being used here is created from the BUDS AND LEAVES not SEEDS as you claim

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I've checked the paper and it seems good mainstream science. It refers only to a type of cancer though: glioma. According to the wikipedia, 'a glioma is a type of tumor that starts in the brain or spine'.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Cannabis has a lot of medical benefits.. Such a shame that's a schedule I drug -- not even Heroin, nor coc aine, is schedule I. But cannabis is.

Pretty pitiful.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Kaytagg]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sporkmonster

Not exactly.

There are actually 3 types of cannabis. And millions of hybrids.

Cannabis (Cán-na-bis) is a genus of flowering plants that includes three putative species, Cannabis sativa L.,[1] Cannabis indica Lam.,[1] and Cannabis ruderalis Janisch.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

It's all cannabis, though.. I think that was his point..

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Yes, but a weener dog and a german shepard are both dogs. But, not the same. Which is my point.

Not to get into anything ruderalis is the hemp plant. It has no THC value whatsoever. Hemp is not sativa or indica.

But, it's off topic anyway.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Nutter]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join