It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIGHT VS. LEFT ROUND-1182828191997563

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
When will the people of the world wake up? To me it seems so painfully simple almost like fire is hot and ice is cold that we are being played for fools. Let me list how they are the same and if I am wrong please correct me I enjoy a good debate it helps to find personal truth and the facts of an issue.

1--Both love war

2--Both aim to take away personal freedom

3--Both love big business

4--Both rule using fear

5--Both care more for the collective than the individual

6--Both will sell us out for enough money

7--Both would rather push us apart than bring us together

8--Both believe globalism is a good thing

9--Both are completely corrupt

10-Both blame rather than take responsibility

Please if you have more to add or believe I am out in left field with this post please comment and let your voice be heard

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Congratulations. This place has officially lost it's mind.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

I think you have hit it on the head S@F

Both parties are 2 heads of the same monster

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Good points. S&F

Let's also ask ourselves if both sides are equally hypocritical.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Absolutely. Just follow the money trail: big money supports both parties to ensure promotion of their own agenda. Our nation has been bought by the wealthy elite. It drives me crazy to see all the one-sided propaganda being repeated by all the sheeple. For all the righties out there, how come I didn't hear you complaining of fascism during the previous administration?
Oh, right, I forgot, you don't actually think, you just repeat what your pundits say.
Wake up people! Our freedoms are being attacked by BOTH parties!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
dude what the hell. if you dont like it be an independent like me

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I would venture a guess that you're referring to the elected officials as opposed to individuals of either a left or right political ideology? If so, I'd have to agree with you on some of the points but argue some as well.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Agreed...both parties...one in the same.

So what are the people to do about it? What is the common connection?

Corporations.

Remove their person-hood status. I love capitalism, but for a corporation to be considered a person, is just ludicrous.

We all know what happens at ludicrous speed don't ya? We go to plaid. We don't want that.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nyrossius Maxim
For all the righties out there, how come I didn't hear you complaining of fascism during the previous administration?

Calling out the other side and then claiming you're all about unity is nonsensical. That is just an immature wise-crack that perpetuates the political divide. Will going back in time and calling Bush a fascist make the current administration any less so?
One also might ask where all the anti-war protests went, and so on. The back and forth process will never end unless it's not even started.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

As always you instead of making valid points you would rather insult it actually makes you look kind of weak in a way. It is like I know you are but what am I mindset. Try and bring up some facts or anything useful. But I am pretty sure the facts don't really matter to much to you I honestly believe you may be a political shill or paid poster. I am not sure but sometimes when their is smoke their is fire.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by chaseninja
dude what the hell. if you dont like it be an independent like me

How do you know that I am not an independent? To tell you the truth I claim no political alignment. I believe in what the founding fathers had in mind but sadly the could not see this far into the future. But also I hate to tell you but most independent votes go to one of the two sides they have very few candidates. So in reality it is almost a myth that is to good to be true. And to add insult to injury I think most of them are also paid off.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Of course. In my desire for brevity, I left out a slam for the lefties. My attempt was just to show the current, loud propaganda spreaders. You are not wrong for calling me out.

Are you saying, however, that the proper solution is to abstain from the discussion entirely? If so, I would have to disagree. Even on this sight I see people locked into one stereotypical political view or the other. I'd like to think that it's time for a new paradigm- time to get away from the old repetitive crap being spued by the media ( on both sides ).

We live in a world where the mainstream sources of information are controlled by a group of people who want to oppressively ( but perhaps subtley ) control our lives for their own benefit. These powers use the tried and true method of divide and conquer, or maybe it would be best to describe the method as Hegelian: thesis + antithesis= synthesis. They hedge their bets; they play both sides. In the chaos they maintain control.

We need to realize that this is a battle between us and them: the have-nots vs. the have-everything. What's the stat? Less than 1% of the population controls more than half of the wealth, and therefore the power.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

Makes a good point. You're arguing against Democrats/Republicans, not the political right/left.

The two-party system makes it extremely difficult to get anything done, but I disagree with your claims. Take #5. It is the JOB of the politician to care for the collective. Please explain that point.

Generalizing like this doesn't contribute anything. Not all politicians believe in globalism and love war.

"Both will sell us out for enough money"? Really? What does that mean?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheScribe

Sure no problem I am guessing you must be from Europe please correct me if I am wrong and I mean no direct disrespect. But when you put the whole above the individual all will soon be lost. Democracy is not a good thing if 51% of the population says it is OK to kill redheads well than it is alright but in a republic the people are ruled by laws that cater to the individual. I believe this is the best and most fair way to rule and it is what the founding fathers had in mind individual rights and not a democracy.

Also another good way to look at is this way I guy robs a bank and leaves town using his horse the posse of 50 men catch up to him and 30 say to hang him so they hang him this is a democracy now in a republic the same things happens the posse catches him and are about to hang him and the sheriff rides up and says no he needs to stand trial this is a republic it is ruled by law not men I hope this helps in the ever needed search for wisdom

new topics

top topics

join