It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy killed by bullet 'fired three miles away'

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Why do the good die? I am not trying to be funny in this moment, but this kid had to be THAT lucky to be struck in the head, by a bullet, 3 miles away. I am in my state of MASS CONFUSION':puz

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by noobsauce13
Why do the good die? I am not trying to be funny in this moment, but this kid had to be THAT lucky to be struck in the head, by a bullet, 3 miles away. I am in my state of MASS CONFUSION':puz

there are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy

-William Shakespeare, Hamlet.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

reply to post by Pr0t0

reply to post by sotp

With respect ....

I ask that everybody step away from the horse .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sotp

You say you were being deliberately provocative and your true intention was to "illustrate a powerful lesson". To me your motive is irrelevant.
You chose this, a thread about the death of a child, to engage in your experiment. There are surely other threads regarding other less sensitive subjects where you could illicit a similar response for such an endeavour?

All I can do is suggest that you read the Original Posters Thread and Post History (or at least a fair portion of it) and then honestly ask yourself where they would have taken this thread.

I was simply beating someone to the punch in that regard. The fact that they have been auspiciously absent from the thread that they created while pursuing other avenues of emotional exploitation is rather circumspect to say the least after I called it early on, on the front page.

What troubles me the most and compelled me to act in this fashion is the original poster is always interjecting purely emotional based appeals constantly into foreign countries that he isn’t from. It’s always about his politics.

When I saw that he had posted this thread I hopped right on it looking to keep it from being exploited for a foreign agenda regarding gun control here in the U.S.

Fault me for that if you will, but it’s the plain and honest truth. What I in essence did by inflaming passions is to keep anyone from being able to exploit the thread for a political angle because the more emotional posters would circle and go after me.

The truth is I exploited the thread so it wouldn’t be exploited by anyone else for anything else to instead use it as a vehicle to try to illustrate a larger lesson.

In fact most of the threads that get a lot of stars, flags and replies here on ATS aren’t the greatest ones where people do superb research and lay out great factual presentations but have an emotionally hot topic that they are looking to exploit emotions to shape public opinion often based purely on how they present an argument to play to emotions as opposed to just presenting facts.

That emotional manipulation goes on constantly here on ATS and not just the Media and from the Government.

Rather than let this tragic little boys death be manipulated for some one’s political agenda I decided to seize this tragic occasion to demonstrate why so many threads get posted with an emotional angle.

This really was a BTS Thread there was no conspiracy angle to it for it to be posted in breaking alternative conspiracy news. It likely would have gotten moved to BTS but for the controversy in large part I created.

I have five children count them five and I felt so bad for the woman who lost her child I really did send a donation and a condolence card.

In my mind and heart I honestly feel that I kept this thread from being exploited for any party’s political gain, I put my own popularity and prestige on the line to do that, and I think you have seen it has had some people scratching their heads.

You might not agree with my motives, my methods, or my agenda, but I am very pleased with the outcome friend.

Nobody got to make emotional hay out of this agenda because of that, and I knew there would be a price to pay for that going in.

Thanks for reconsidering, I know its asking a lot.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

reply to post by Pr0t0

reply to post by sotp

With respect ....

I ask that everybody step away from the horse .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds reasonable enough to me friend...

Backing slowly towards the door...no sudden moves anyone...

Going, going, gone.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Ladies and gentlemen of ATS. I'll start by saying I live in the greater atlanta area, particularly in the dekalb area where the child was killed. The information I got immediately early the following morning from a friend on the county police dept, was that the type of bullet that killed the child was a 7.62mm round, which is mostly used for the Ak-47, which are prevalent here in this area.....BY FAR.

There are 2 overwhelming traditions I had to get used to when my parents moved our family to the atlanta are in '94 from chicago.
#1: the south is HEAVY with religion/ religious services. Even at odd times. Every new year, it seems like all the churches(and there's nearly one on every block from fayette county in the south metro, to gwinnett county in the north) they have what I can only call "lock-ins" where religious people spend new years eve in church performing whatever services.

#2: the atlanta area is chock full of guns, and its common knowledge here, that almost any holiday is an excuse to "FIRE ONE OFF". On any given night, but especially holidays like Independence Day(july 4), you'll hear everything from .22cal(barely,lol!), to all out assault rifles and some that even make you go "...ok...now WTF is THAT?! There's no way whatever that is, is legal!" But no one really bats an eye here. That is until someone loses an eye, and in this case, much worse.

There's also a case of a man, the same night here in the atlanta area, that was sleeping in bed and was struck in the foot by an errant round that came through his roof, striking him in the foot.

The death of the child IS tragic, and irony abounds with the way this child was killed, but firing skyward rounds here is so common, unless someone goes like this, no one bats an eye.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The arguments in the beginning of this thread are beyond stupid. This kind could just have easily been killed by a hit and run driver on his way to guitar lessons as he was by a stray bullet. Even he would have stayed home, a stray bullet could have come crashing through the roof there and killed him. Heck, while we're at it, the landing gear off a passing overhead plane could have fallen off and squashed him.

The argument that he died because he was religious or worshipping is beyond foolish and boggles the mind as to who in their right mind would actually favor that explanation over any other. He died because he was standing in exactly point X, Y, Z when a stray bullet intersected the same space. If you want to be a fateist about it, then you'll believe it was his time to go.

Would he have met another fatal incident had he been anywhere else? It's certainly possible. But if you honestly believe the answer to that question is "No" then you must only believe in random, one in a million occurrences to which there is no cosmic engine behind driving the forces thereof - and to me that's a sad existence - believing in what... that we are just here by chance, a product of the same one in a trillion trillion shot, a product of the "big bang" until we wink out, and then nothing? As I said - it's a sad way to exist and believe.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by countercounterculture

You do realize that your entire response here is WHAT proto was getting you TO!

What he has done was brilliant!

oh, you ARE right! I thought he was legitimately arguing the former point, turns out I've been had!

Playing the TOTAL hypocrite was his way of getting you to this realization that life cannot be guaranteed safe!

I already realised life cannot be guaranteed safe, but now my argument is demeaned and the point debased as i was successfully baited.

OPEN YOUR EYES AND SEE!

Well I wouldn't think that protoplasmic as a hypocrite, generally i take most arguments on this forum as honest and at face value. I think I missed the revalation that he was only hoaxing this response out of us.
I understand if protoplasmic is trying to make a point about media or a conspiracy or whatever, but i think the only thing he's done here is to make a difficult situation for moderators on trolling allegations.

Despite his little false flag operation here, I do agree with the point, just not the method, My input would not have been neccessary had I not been fooled.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Starwarsisreal wrote: "I believe there should be laws banning firearms from being fired up in the air."

ProtoplasmicTraveler (incorrect spelling, Traveller is gramatically correct): "Proof positive religion will not save you! Did the gun kill the boy or his parents dragging a three year old to church?"

First, gun's don't kill people, people do. Secondly, with your philosophy of blaming everything from religion to the parent's is pure ignorance. Next thing you'll be stating is that it was the murder victim's fault for going to the bank at 11:00pm at night to withdraw money and being murdered. Lastly, we do not need to enact any "new" law's to prohibit this as in any city, in America, it is illegal for you to discharge a fire-arm unless you are defending yourself, another citizen, or your property and then only under the appropriate circumstance's such as attempted murder or to stop any aggravated felony. In most counties there are ordinance's requiring a birm or other obstruction when target shooting or large acerage in case of skeet shooting and the like.

Listen and listen carefully to this statement made by a pastor in south London, in a country where fire-arm's are banned outright. The title of the following article is "London gun crime rises as shooting's nearly double."

"Gun crime has never gone away," said the Rev Les Isaac, who works as a street pastor in south London. "Firearms are being discharged more or less on a daily basis in some parts of London."

Source: www.guardian.co.uk...

Irrefutable proof that even in a country where the common, law-abiding citizen is banned from utilizing a fire-arm to protect themselve's criminal's STILL DON'T follow the law, arrogant fool's. This child died for one reason and one reason alone: A criminal committed negligent manslaughter of a child. This was not the action of a law-abidding citizen with common sense. If gun's are outlawed it will still happen, period.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
The arguments in the beginning of this thread are beyond stupid. This kind could just have easily been killed by a hit and run driver on his way to guitar lessons as he was by a stray bullet. Even he would have stayed home, a stray bullet could have come crashing through the roof there and killed him. Heck, while we're at it, the landing gear off a passing overhead plane could have fallen off and squashed him.

The argument that he died because he was religious or worshipping is beyond foolish and boggles the mind as to who in their right mind would actually favor that explanation over any other. He died because he was standing in exactly point X, Y, Z when a stray bullet intersected the same space. If you want to be a fateist about it, then you'll believe it was his time to go.

Would he have met another fatal incident had he been anywhere else? It's certainly possible. But if you honestly believe the answer to that question is "No" then you must only believe in random, one in a million occurrences to which there is no cosmic engine behind driving the forces thereof - and to me that's a sad existence - believing in what... that we are just here by chance, a product of the same one in a trillion trillion shot, a product of the "big bang" until we wink out, and then nothing? As I said - it's a sad way to exist and believe.

You know, while your post was very entertaining (lol) and I agree with you, I do get the feeling that there is another layer of complexity to this situation that some of us might have overlooked.

Undoubtedly, the scenario comes down to being in the wrong place at the wrong time. It does not matter if he was going to an Art & Crafts class, or visiting a friend, or attending Church! It was just bad luck that he was located where he was at the time he was.

However, should we also be questioning whether unnecessary actions like firing your gun into the air should continue being an acceptable form of celebration given there is an unnecessary risk being created? To me it seems like you are increasing the chance of a freak accident taking place by partaking in an action that serves no real purpose and does not really achieve anything.

You know like throwing thumb tacks into your really deep swimming pool just for fun and watching them sink to the bottom. Haven't you just created a really remote, but unnecessary risk for people that use your pool?

[edit on 7/1/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Godsbane

First, gun's don't kill people, people do. Secondly, with your philosophy of blaming everything from religion to the parent's is pure ignorance. Next thing you'll be stating is that it was the murder victim's fault for going to the bank at 11:00pm at night to withdraw money and being murdered. Lastly, we do not need to enact any "new" law's to prohibit this as in any city, in America, it is illegal for you to discharge a fire-arm unless you are defending yourself, another citizen, or your property and then only under the appropriate circumstance's such as attempted murder or to stop any aggravated felony. In most counties there are ordinance's requiring a birm or other obstruction when target shooting or large acerage in case of skeet shooting and the like.

While I agree that new laws are never the answer, I am confused at what you are saying? There is no such law for "America?" (As far as I know there are zero laws that apply to "America" or even the "United States." Most cities have laws, and maybe a very few counties like Miami-Dade or LA county, but in general anyone away from the city can fire a firearm at anytime in any direction without breaking the law (unless the bullet hits somebody).

Weapons are for a lot more than defending yourself! They are for sport shooting, clay shooting, hunting, target practice, trick shooting, etc. Sure a lot of good gun ranges have berms built, but that is not a fail safe, nor a requirement. Ricochets still happen, and there are a great many places to shoot without berms.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Now folks chill this i not a religion related problem but a firearm problem. I believe there should be laws banning firearms from being fired up in the air.

Was anyone not attending this church struck by a bullet from a gun fired up in the air?

The religion did in fact build the church in the path of the bullet!

Very thoughtless of them if you ask me. Chances are it was way past the child's bedtime too!

I think both the church and the parents should be prosecuted for wreckless endangerment and manslaughter.

It is also entirely possible that some kind of black rite was taking place using the occult and socery that pulled the bullet down from the heavens into the church for the expressed purpose of sacrificing the child.

Lots of potential conspiracies here! Do we even know for certain that the person in question voluntarily opted to fire the gun or was he forced to through some black magic.

Very suspicious indeed.

You likely think I am joking, but it was a Blue Moon! It also happens to have happened in Georgia where according to the Charlie Daniels Band the Devil has been known to go!

You would be less ridiculous if you claimed to be joking. The child being in church isn't relevant; the gun being fired carelessly and recklessly into the air is. What sort of cretin comes into a thread like this, and attacks the beliefs of people that just lost a child!? You ought to be ashamed of your actions.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Terrible tragedy. Almost as bad, though, are some of the responses here. This situation had NOTHING to do with the religious beliefs of these people. This is also NOT a reason to ban guns. It IS a reason to prosecute idiots that fire a live round into the air. The fact is, the bullet returns at the same speed it left the gun. Anyone owning a gun should KNOW this, and be responsible. Whoever did fire that round is guilty of negligent homicide.

Connon sense is all that is needed to prevent such tragedies. For those trying to make this a religion-bashing thread; get a grip, and make your own thread for that topic.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by LadyGreenEyes]

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
What a tragedy, only the good die young though.

Proof positive religion will not save you! Did the gun kill the boy or his parents dragging a three year old to church?

Cause and effect.

Or it might be proof that he was going to the wrong church. LOL
I don't think religion ever claimed that it would save someone from death. The Bible is full of accounts of good people dying.

But you are right. I'm sure his poor parents are asking themselves the same questions.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join