It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Pandemic Training In Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Riot Police, Hospitals, EMO, and Military preparing for a Pandemic type situation in Ontario Canada, Oddly enough it's based on a Ebola / Pneumomic Plague like is happening in Ukraine and Europe.. this training was done in the last few years.
jones report

Dose anyone think think this is a little odd that they are training for an Ebola pandemic it seem that everything they train for comes to pass. How do average people prepare for something like this knowing it could happen, maybe in 2010. Hopefully tptb won't get their way though that may be wishful thinking.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SimpleKnowledge

If there's an ebola outbreak I'm just going to roll over and give up.

Swine flu, I can deal with. Hemorrhagic fevers? Not so much.

I bet they're just using a really efficient training style, though. Preparing for the worst so they can respond better in any situation.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Screw that, take the c! If ebola comes around my community, I'm downing many grams of ascorbic acid with bioflavinoids. I'd rather overdo it initially and get the runs, than be dead.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

G'day SimpleKnowledge

Whilst it's symptoms are spectacular & indeed scary, Ebola just isn't all that dangerous if basic infection control practices are implemented.

The problem with Ebola in the African situation is that basic infection control practices are generally not utilised.

Ebola - it's a fascinating topic!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 2-1-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I live there. there has been a really bad throat virus going around causing people to grow little pimple like lumps at the back of their throat. is this normal?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Will ascorbic acid help prevent Ebola if so I may be picking all the orange and Mandrin trees around me.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by SimpleKnowledge]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimpleKnowledge
Will ascorbic acid help prevent Ebola if so I may be picking all the orange and Mandrin trees around me.

G'day SimpleKnowledge...

I doubt very much ascorbic acid will put a dent in the old Ebola virus

Simple basic infection control practices are the way to go.

What is the the single best thing to do?

Wash your hands!

Seriously....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I don't think it prevents getting it, but it may successfully treat it. If you take massive doses of ascorbic acid, it will create a redox potential within the area of inflammation. This prevents tissue collapse, which eventually leads to death. Oranges won't be good enough. Take grams of ascorbate with bioflavinoids.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
O.k. wait... Ebola is transmitted via body fluids, right?
So, the liklihood of Ebola infection becoming pandemic in Canada would be fairly low? Isolated groups, perhaps, (those sharing needles, etc.) but it would seem otherwise, quite low risk...

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
O.k. wait... Ebola is transmitted via body fluids, right?
So, the liklihood of Ebola infection becoming pandemic in Canada would be fairly low? Isolated groups, perhaps, (those sharing needles, etc.) but it would seem otherwise, quite low risk...

G'day LadySkadi

I agree entirely.

That's the point I've also been making in this thread.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

G'day SimpleKnowledge...

I doubt very much ascorbic acid will put a dent in the old Ebola virus

Simple basic infection control practices are the way to go.

What is the the single best thing to do?

Wash your hands!)

Seriously...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

I kinda doubted it would very effective against the virus. I think washing hands and and a healthy diet the basics is all that can be done.Though if you are quarantined dose that mean they put you somewhere and let you die.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Oh come on.....cheer up mate

They're not going to put you in a quarantine & let you die!

Ebola is fascinating.

I'll see if I can find some of the reports by the field researchers. It's very interesting reading & it also shows how you can be perfectly safe by taking very basic measures.

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I guess was thinking they might implement something like the movies.

I'll see if I can find some of the reports by the field researchers. It's very interesting reading & it also shows how you can be perfectly safe by taking very basic measures.

thanks Cheers

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

It's a fascinating & scary area.

Have you read the book "The Coming Plague" by Laurie Garrett?

www.lauriegarrett.com...

Whilst it's "over the top" & I've discussed it with "heavy hitters" in this field who agree it's "over the top", it's very well written & it really makes you think.

I really enjoyed reading about the investigative work & the field case studies she wrote about.

It's also a great entree into this very complex area.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Do you know if Dr. Lenard Horowitz has info on this topic. Can you share some links.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

It's a fascinating & scary area.

Have you read the book "The Coming Plague" by Laurie Garrett?

www.lauriegarrett.com...

Whilst it's "over the top" & I've discussed it with "heavy hitters" in this field who agree it's "over the top", it's very well written & it really makes you think.

I really enjoyed reading about the investigative work & the field case studies she wrote about.

It's also a great entree into this very complex area.

Cheers

I've seen that book at the library, I'm going to have to pick it up!

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

G'day Phlynx

It's one of my favourite books.

Just don't get overly concerned about it.....remember it's a "worse case scenario" type book.

Another really interesting area is the history of CJD (i.e. prions...Mad Cow Disease) research. The case studies where they found New Guinea natives who contracted it through exposure to the brains of their enemies are fascinating.

emedicine.medscape.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 2-1-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I am not familiar with her work though I look forward to checking out the site and maybe getting the book.

Thanks Cheers

top topics

join