It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mojave (Civilian!) Spaceport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Spaceport to Rise in Mojave Desert

Check it, a civilian spaceport built in the mojave desert. This will literally become the launchpad for common-man efforts to reach for the stars. The Mojave Airport Manager, Steve Witt, "I think it's going to be a wild ride for the next 20 years as this industry emerges."

What do all you guys think? Will this truly become the next step in humanity's leap in technology, opening the doors for those innumerable amount of people (especially the rich and those scientists as well) who truly want to take that trip?

*I guess we can really jettison N'Sync and the Backstreet Boys now. finally.

Q

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I really think the title is reflecting a change in attitudes. You have your 'space centers', your 'cosmodromes'...all very official-sounding and inaccessible to the common folk (unless you want to watch from a beach miles away).

However, every thing I read about this refers to it as a 'spaceport'. Just like 'airport' (very accessible, everyone's been to one of these), only with a little more kick. Kind of brings to mind an Earthly Mos Isley!

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q
I really think the title is reflecting a change in attitudes. You have your 'space centers', your 'cosmodromes'...all very official-sounding and inaccessible to the common folk (unless you want to watch from a beach miles away).

I think the change in attitude(s) is mainly for the gov't agencies that tried to maintain control over who flies off into space and who doesn't.

However, every thing I read about this refers to it as a 'spaceport'. Just like 'airport' (very accessible, everyone's been to one of these), only with a little more kick. Kind of brings to mind an Earthly Mos Isley!

Yes, well, opening something like space travel to the masses will invite commerce in travel-- companies will strive to make space travel affordable and feaseable. It's just a matter of time, as long as the spaceport is completed and available as it's spoken of at that site.

new topics

join