It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge dismisses all charges against Blackwater guards in deadly Baghdad shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Judge dismisses all charges against Blackwater guards in deadly Baghdad shooting

www.breitbart.com

WASHINGTON (AP) - Judge dismisses all charges against Blackwater guards in deadly Baghdad shooting.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.telegraph.c o.uk

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Didn't see this anywhere, thought I'd post it.

hey guys, the most sloppily run corrupt private military contractor just got off the hook for killing innocent civilians in 2007. One of the people on trial actually admitted to shooting someone and they still got away with it! What the hell!

While you were out shopping for the holidays, they pulled a fast one right under our noses.

totally asinine

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
While I appreciate you bringing it to our attention, I can't say it comes as a surprise.
S&F

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Can't say I'm surprised either. Despicable though. Blackwater has proven itself to one of the most horrendous by products of the War on Terror, really emphasizing the unsettling marriage of fundamentalist religion and an out of control system bent on profiteering on something as awful as war.

If one thing we've seen in this past decade, a decade shaped by the War on Terror, it's a corporate ascendancy unlike any we've ever seen. Corporatism seeps into every facet of our lives, and I fear that with groups like Blackwater or DynCorp getting off with little to no repercussions on charges like murder, human trafficking and drug smuggling, war will simply be a completely corporate dominated venture (even more so than it already is). Who knows how the next ten years will pan out.

By the way, is this the same trial that implicates Erik Prince in murder?

Blackwater Founder Erik Prince Implicated in Murder

Blackwater Founder Implicated in Murder

I wonder what kind of dirt Blackwater has on this judge? Or perhaps he's walking away a wealthier man.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by Someone336]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
If Blackwater is running around the US shooting innocent civilians too, the way they were already running around New Orleans during Katrina, and one of us shoots back in self-defense and kills them (and then manages to get away), do we get off the hook, too, then?

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by piddles

(Oh god, your going to have SKL in here pimping his threads in no time
)

Can't say it's a shock. Something tells me that the prosecution purposely dropped the ball on this one.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Sniping in Iraq by Blackwater

They had other uses. War is hell and should be avoided. Many believe they were hired to counter Iran's little contribution to the Iraqi mayhem.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
From what i understand the US Govt were pushing on this because Baghdad were pressuring them .. Lets hope the anger this result causes does not lead to civilian unrest over there ..
It is not an unlikely outcome at all ..

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

anyone who has half a brain know they're guilty, I assume they bought their way out.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by piddles
anyone who has half a brain know they're guilty, I assume they bought their way out.

Present the facts that make them so? You say we need a half a brain to see their guilty...so then if all I need is half a brain, all you need is half the proof they are. Please provide.

EDIT TO ADD: Opinion and perseption are NOT proof!

[edit on 1/1/2010 by rcwj1975]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

is this your first day or something?

here is an old reuters article describing the charges:
www.reuters.com...

Blackwater said it was "extremely disappointed and surprised" to learn that one guard has admitted wrongdoing.

What kind of person would admit guilt, amidst a group of people who claiming to be innocent? Oh, they're qualified to work for and be deployed into iraq but they're somehow a pathological liar, right?

unless you want to build a time machine and go back to when the event actually happened and because the court has already made its decision, Opinon and Perception are all we have to express.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by piddles]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
s+f
Another controversial Blackwater story !
I'll bet most ordinary people dont even know who they are or that theyre paying for them to be above the law.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by piddles

Any time lethal force is involved I am sure anybody would question their actions at some point in time. Being investigated would only intensify the situation. I have met detectives that boast they could get a confession out of anybody (including the innocent) given enough time.

I personally was not there during the incident so I cannot judge what happened. At the same time I am not going to assume that the backwater employees are guilty. I'm sure we can all be thankful that some of you are not making the calls because any chance of a fair trial would be thrown out the window.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
reply to post by piddles

Any time lethal force is involved I am sure anybody would question their actions at some point in time. Being investigated would only intensify the situation. I have met detectives that boast they could get a confession out of anybody (including the innocent) given enough time.

I personally was not there during the incident so I cannot judge what happened. At the same time I am not going to assume that the backwater employees are guilty. I'm sure we can all be thankful that some of you are not making the calls because any chance of a fair trial would be thrown out the window.
good point however the thing that worries me is that they do not conform or answer to any official regulatory body such as nato,that cant be a good thing !

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Sniping in Iraq by Blackwater
They had other uses. War is hell and should be avoided. Many believe they were hired to counter Iran's little contribution to the Iraqi mayhem.

As someone who has had experience of these muppets at close hand, I can say that you are not correct. Blackwater was put together, initially as a training provider for US and friendly nations military and police forces. Their role was increased to close protection for US VIPs in the run up to the War on Terror and their repuation was held in high regard due to the selective nature of their recruitment.

As a role, only US SF (Delta, Green Berets, Navy SEALs) were eligable but, as with most companies in post-invasion Iraq, contracts and greed outweighed professionalism and inferior ex-servicemen were brought in to fill spaces, attracted by bumper pay packets.

One of the main contributers to the current anti-US feeling in Iraq is Blackwater, because for every good deed that the coalition military carried out, some PSD was shooting up civilians (or each other).

After their disastrous dealings in Iraq and in the US, they should have been removed off every governmental contract and this court decision has done nothing to boost the Iraqi's fears of double standards.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Nothing we can do, all we can do is turn our backs the who system is corrupt to the core government contractors protected by government tax dollars yours and mine they and always will win there is no justices for protected criminals that were well funded by the Bush administration.
Black Water is nothing but an out of control radical group who pimp themselves out to the highest bidders.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
One of the 'sucesses' in recent years was Bush's refusal to back "Scooter" Libby in the CIA scandal. The whole rendition and waterboarding scandal is something, I'm sure, will come back and bite some high profile people in the not-to-distant future.

If only there had been some convictions on the Blackwater charges, then I'm sure that that would have gone a small way to restoring confidence in the 'era of change' in the Obama years.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Archangel

I definitely agree, though it's not directly connected to him, it would still look good that a corrupt organization faced any kind of prosecution under his administration.

new topics

top topics

join