It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Threatens Blogger

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
The TSA is at it again. This lame brain agency is now out violating the rights of citizens even though they don't have the authority to do so. TSA agent John Enright went to the home of this blogger to threaten him and make him believe that he had to hand over his laptop so they could search it. They handed him a civil subpoena and unfortunately this blogger doesn't appear to know his rights and he gave it over. They even had trouble copying his hard drive!

Since when does a subpoena equal a search warrant? I'd of loved to change places with this blogger. It would have been a fun exercise in defending my Constitutional rights. They want us scared. They want to control us. The TSA and the government for that matter isn't worried about "protecting" us from terrorism. It's about regulating our lives from the day we're born until the day we die. We are all screwed. Both freedom and the Republic are dead.

Source:

www.wired.com...

[edit on 31-12-2009 by av8r007]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
BS...BS....BS...BS

This makes me so angry I could scream! What makes the TSA even THINK they have the same authority as a Civil Law Enforcement Group. Unless I'm missing something, their authority stops once they leave the Airport Grounds.

I haven't seen anything showing they've been given a mandate and/or authority to act as Law Enforcement outside the confines of Airport Security.

I'm so sick of piss-ant Agencies thinking and acting like just because they have a uniform and a badge they can act like storm troopers ransacking the private lives of individuals far outside their jurisdiction.

S&F for the OP, this whole country needs to wake up and know your rights. These agencies, (as well as the Government), count on us being scared of what they 'Might' be able to do to us.

Knowledge IS Power, Education is a must!! Read and learn local, state and federal laws. Know what you can and can't do and more importantly what THEY can and can't do!!

The most truthful quote even put on film came from 'V for Vendetta':

"People should not be afraid of their Government. The Government should be afraid of it's people."

[edit on 12/31/09 by RecentlyAwaken]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
So they mess up and punish others? Shame n you tsa.
I feel bad for the airlines- they are dependent on fossil fuels, the TSA is utterly incompetent, and the CIA is constantly trying to blow up planes.

Does anybody know where to still obtain the pdf? I want a copy before its gone.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moonsouljah
Does anybody know where to still obtain the pdf? I want a copy before its gone.

Never mind, I unlazied myself, opened a new tab and searched "TSA screening pdf."
Wasn't very hard either. Widely available.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Haha, no not hard at all. There's nothing mind blowing within the document. Most of what is found in there is exactly what you'd think they would do anyway. Another great example of their incompetence.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by av8r007

We are all screwed. Both freedom and the Republic are dead.

I was with you 100%, until you wrote that.

It's not dead. Sick, yes, but not dead. So long as there are people out there like us, its not dead. And there are more of us out here than you might think.

I posted your OP article on my blog, along with how to find that PDF. Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by PSUSA

I know fellow patriot. I mean dead in a rhetorical sense. There is a lot of work to be done, but it can be saved. If the United States continues on the present course however she will not survive. At least not what you and I know this country to be.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by av8r007

I disagree...

We need a total rebuild. The broken systems need to fail. Yes, some people will die when the teat is retracted. But we are on a collision course with a Roman fate here.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
i could be wrong but doesn't there jurisdiction stop out side of sirport. if it had been me i would have handed them my back up lap top with just a couple of comic books on it for just that purpose

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
So they dedicate this much attention and man power to a blogger.

They have the computer tracking ability for this?

But we are to believe that nobody investigated the Yemen terrorist even after he posted on militant jihadi sites?

And he was on a terrorist watch list.

And his father warned officials at least twice.

And why is this important news story relegated to the political madness sewer that many people ignore?

[edit on 31-12-2009 by Deny Arrogance]

[edit on 31-12-2009 by Deny Arrogance]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Perhaps a moderator can move it. I like this forum and it somewhat fit.
Perhaps it should have gone into Alternative News I suppose?

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Deny Arrogance

But we are to believe that nobody investigated the Yemen terrorist even after he posted on militant jihadi sites?

Yep.

It just goes to show who the real targets are in this phony war on "terror".
We're the targets. The terrorists are just a tool they use against us.

You illustrated it very well.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
All the better reason to know your rights and enforce jurisdiction over your property. I would not have stood for this they are way outside their boundaries, he should of met them at the door with a big fat shotty.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
It's obvious that the system is out of control.

Even Kurt Haskell, an eyewitness and passenger on Flight 253, claims the FBI is moving to suppress information related to the incident.

It seems to me that our government is not nearly as concerned with the actual terrorists, as it with the possibility that normal citizens will discover how inept our government officials really are with the whole security thing....

[edit on 31-12-2009 by loam]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Here's an article I posted on my website a while back, that's related in showing who the REAL targets are.

From the TSA website we have this bit of idiocy

Beginning Saturday, June 21, 2008 passengers that willfully refuse to provide identification at security checkpoint will be denied access to the secure area of airports. This change will apply exclusively to individuals that simply refuse to provide any identification or assist transportation security officers in ascertaining their identity.

This new procedure will not affect passengers that may have misplaced, lost or otherwise do not have ID but are cooperative with officers. Cooperative passengers without ID may be subjected to additional screening protocols, including enhanced physical screening, enhanced carry-on and/or checked baggage screening, interviews with behavior detection or law enforcement officers and other measures.

So you better not assert your rights.
And if you're one of those bogeyman "terrorists", well, just step aboard and have a nice flight, no ID needed. Just be nice to the TSA nazis.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PSUSA

It's high time we do away with this unconstitutional agency. I am amazed at how much of our rights are suspended at airports! I'm tired of politicians and officials interpreting the Constitution to fit whatever agenda they feel like doing at the time regardless of the ramifications. We're turning into a papers please society. You need ID for absolutely everything and sometimes even your SSN. It's enough to make me puke.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by av8r007]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It's amazing how the TSA will threaten a small-time blogger, but not bigger (and more "rights" aware) web sites like Cryptome - who has not only posted the TSA manual but dissected it as well:

cryptome.org...

How petty this agency is, they should be minding their JOB and not worrying about their PR image.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RecentlyAwaken
BS...BS....BS...BS

This makes me so angry I could scream! What makes the TSA even THINK they have the same authority as a Civil Law Enforcement Group. Unless I'm missing something, their authority stops once they leave the Airport Grounds.

I haven't seen anything showing they've been given a mandate and/or authority to act as Law Enforcement outside the confines of Airport Security.

I'm so sick of piss-ant Agencies thinking and acting like just because they have a uniform and a badge they can act like storm troopers ransacking the private lives of individuals far outside their jurisdiction.

S&F for the OP, this whole country needs to wake up and know your rights. These agencies, (as well as the Government), count on us being scared of what they 'Might' be able to do to us.

Knowledge IS Power, Education is a must!! Read and learn local, state and federal laws. Know what you can and can't do and more importantly what THEY can and can't do!!

"People should not be afraid of their Government. The Government should be afraid of it's people."

Isn't that the point, they have the badges and the uniforms and the backing of the govt. they think everything they do is legal. Just look at what happened in Germany and other fascists and police states. They started to give uniforms for everything that the govt. did and made whatever the person said the law. I blame the govt. because our leaders are so ignorant and naive that they believe their smarter than everybody else, and their not. The people manipulating them know there dumb and stupid, they tell them and massage their egos in order for these useful idiots to do their bidding. The leaders think they are on the elites team, but their not. Do you know when even the most naive/ignorant will know they are in a police state. When men start to avoid places that have cops and govt. officials for fear of being messed with at the whim of the govt. and police officials. Women will start to dress down more because they don't want to chance that a police official or govt. official will take a liking to them and by means of extortion or blackmail or threats to her family or husband want to have a relationship with them by strong armed coercion. We've always wondered how did germany let itself get to the point of a Hitler, it was the horrible thinking that as long as it's happening to them I'm okay.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RecentlyAwaken
BS...BS....BS...BS

Isn't that the point, they have the badges and the uniforms and the backing of the govt. they think everything they do is legal. Just look at what happened in Germany and other fascists and police states. They started to give uniforms for everything that the govt. did and made whatever the person said the law. I blame the govt. because our leaders are so ignorant and naive that they believe their smarter than everybody else, and their not. The people manipulating them know there dumb and stupid, they tell them and massage their egos in order for these useful idiots to do their bidding. The leaders think they are on the elites team, but their not. Do you know when even the most naive/ignorant will know they are in a police state. When men start to avoid places that have cops and govt. officials for fear of being messed with at the whim of the govt. and police officials. Women will start to dress down more because they don't want to chance that a police official or govt. official will take a liking to them and by means of extortion or blackmail or threats to her family or husband want to have a relationship with them by strong armed coercion. We've always wondered how did germany let itself get to the point of a Hitler, it was the horrible thinking that as long as it's happening to them I'm okay.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Do anybody know why the website is making me post two everytime.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join