It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what movies would you like to see (re)made?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
What movies would you love to see sparkle on the big screen?? Old concepts that never got adopted, or a new way to see an old movie?

My Wishes:

1.) The Death of Superman. They made this into a 'cartoon movie' but oh man, i would simply die if they could redo this in the style of the new batman movies with Doomsday.

2.) Roger Rabbit. Either remake the original, or make a new sequel. Im up for either.

3.) Seven Samurai. Update it to be shot in English without the lousy quality with better visuals. Still loved the original

4.) Another Mad Max. Lets milk ol' Mel for all he's worth before he's too old to do action scenes again

5.) More WaterWorld!!! And this time - get a better marketing staff...this is one of the greatest movies of all time

6.) Another Chevy Chase movie. Classic Chevy Chase too...don't try to get artsy on us!

7.) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Like they used to be in the movies...NOT cartoons!)

8.) Conan The Barbarian - i hear the Governator isn't running for re-election. Why not do a movie about Conan in his later years!?

9.) Short Circuit - what happens after he got the golden body?!!

10.) Sling Blade (would need to be done very carefully to keep it intriguing...but i cannot get enough of this movie) a while ago - netflix had the pilot for this movie on their instant list, and i thought it was some sort of follow up and i got all giddy with excitement...then i realized it was just the pilot....it was still great to watch though

11.) Back to the Future. How i would weep to see the entire cast back for one more hoorah.

12.) Highlander - swords, immortals, decapitations, medieval lore...do i need to say more??

13.) Blade - swords, vampires, decapitations, vampire lore...do i need to say more???

14.) Dumb & Dumber - this time bring back Jeff Daniels & Jim Carrey..and actually hire the original writing crew..don't make a sacriligious pile of crap like "Dumb & Dumberer again.

15.) And my most sought after movie: Enders Game. The books were amazing. it has a huge following. Just make the damned movie already.

edit to add:

16.) Thundercats. Duh...err i mean HOO!!!!

[edit on 30-12-2009 by Snarf]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I would like to see star wars re-made by JJ Abrams.

I would also like to see a sequel to The Big Lebowski and it should be titled, "The Little Lebowski" and be about his son.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Snarf, you have great taste my friend!

I'll think a little more before I post mine but i'm prettey sure I heard 'turtles' and 'thundercats' is getting done, I hope it's true anyway

Great call on 'superman doomsday' I have the cartoon and though I like it, it could have been better, and a live movie would blow me away

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I'm with you on Chevy Chase, I need another Fletch...and another Caddyshack w/ original cast (those still alive).

* Red Dawn
* They Live
* A new Pacino/Pesci/DeNiro gangster movie
* Up In Smoke
* Logan's Run
* Flash Gordon
* A Clockwork Orange

Also I'd like for R Zombie to figure out a way to make Otis & the gang live and make another House Of 1,000 Corpses/Devil's Rejects movie.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I'm actually a little fed up with remakes... i think it's time hollywood started making original, good movies again.

But...

Maybe Robocop?
j/k

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
5.) More WaterWorld!!! And this time - get a better marketing staff...this is one of the greatest movies of all time

Do you have brain cancer? This was one of the most pathetic, unoriginal plots ever.....Kevin Costner sucks mighty big balls

Annnnyway after my little rant

I would like to see remade

1. The Towering Inferno

2. The Great Escape (both because they are simply fanastic movies, and would love to see if some of todays stars could pull off the roles)

3. A Clockwork Orange

4. Any books by Matthew Reilly being turned into movies, with Hugh Jackman playing scarecrow

5. I agree with any Chevy Chase movies, lol (sad isnt it)

6. We need Die Hard 5 too.... yippie-kay-yay motherf*cker

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I loved robocop when I was a kid
then I got older and watched it, was never the same ''i'd buy that for a dollar''

Near dark, great film but I reckon it had a lot more potential, would love to see that remade!

Prince valiant, I would just love for it to be done with time/care and a good budget, it could be amazing!

Spawn, this could be a hell of a movie, the 98 film was ok but not great.

Silver surfer, I loved the cartoon when I was a kid and he looked fantastic in the fantastic four movie, I reckon it would be great to have his own film and not just in fantastic four.

Highlander, I LOVED the first one and then it went tits up, the only thing i'd be unsure of is who could replace christopher lambert? 'I am Connor MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod' yes you are mr lambert!

Guyver, again loved it as a kid but now i'm older I realise it could of been one hell of a movie.

Can't think of anymore atm i'm sure I will though!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I like the idea of a clockwork orange, though i'm unsure if they could match the original, i'd like to see it done though, would be very interesting.

Some things I just would'nt like touched though, like lost boys for example, no way on earth they could make that any better it's just amazing as it is!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

lol, i think you're being a little to harsh about water world...it was a very original script...it is one of the few movies i can watch over and over again and never get tired of it.

Along with Jaws (that just got put on my list...make a new Jaws!!!)

But brain cancer for liking a movie? cmon man, don't be so predictable.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

* Red Dawn
* They Live
* A new Pacino/Pesci/DeNiro gangster movie
* Up In Smoke
* Logan's Run
* Flash Gordon
* A Clockwork Orange

They are already remaking Red Dawn. Not sure if I'd be up for a clockwork orange remake though, the original was too classic.

Flash, aahhhh ahhhhh.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I liked the movies you posted. Most of my requests would be 80's movie sequesls, like

1. Goonies part two

2. Weird science part two

I think part of the reason that I liked the movies is because they weren't extremely long.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
You know what, i would love to see the following redone or sequals

Thundercats (as a movie, not cartoon)

Short Circut...definately, LOVED that movie

Flight of the navigator

My wife thinks all Doris Day movies should be remade, also with gone with the wind...

He-Man, masters of the universe was crap

Krull

Fraggle Rock (wifes one)

Hrmmm let me think this one through, there's many more i would like to be remade

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf

But brain cancer for liking a movie? cmon man, don't be so predictable.

Lol, dont take it personally....I cant stand Costner....I dont think you really have brain cancer

I reckon they need to remake the Philadelphia Experiment again, this time with bigger stars. The original is still the best despite the simple special effects

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I think we need a new Caddyshack.. but Bill Murray has to remain the greenskeeper...

That is all.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I would love to see a more modern version of 1984 with updated technology from today.
I imagine a remake of Johnny Got His Gun would be pretty amazing as well.
Also with the right cast of people a real life movie of The Simpsons with real actors instead of a cartoon.

Who would you guys cast for The Simpsons??

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I know there was a project to remake Logan's Run at one time....still seems to be:

www.imdb.com...

I'd love to see another Harold Ramis, Bill Murray, Dan Akroyd collaboration, maybe even include Chevy in that....

Most movies I don't want to see "remade", but sequels are cool....

One I'd really like to see redone is a Dungeons & Dragons movie, but using one of the existing game worlds, storylines... The one that was made was ultralame, and completely generic... Dragonlance, the Drizzt saga, or Forgetten Realms would be SO much better...

The Hobbit is supposedly being remade (live action) by Guillermo del Toro (one of my faves), so that's cool....

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

The Hobbit Movie It most certainly is being remade, Casting calls are in progress from Dwarves and Hobbit extras... Hugo Weaving and Cate Blanchetter are both on board to play their respective Elvish roles. It will be put together in 2 movies.

The RA Salvatore books, based around the saga of Drzzt do Udren would be flippin amazing! Could you imagine the depth of an Icewind Dale trilogy?? It would rival Lord of the Rings if it was produced to that calibre of film.

I think Ghostbusters 3 is in order and get the whole original crew back on board, that would be a sight.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Yes, Ghostbusters 3 would own at the box office.

Sadly - GameInformer did an interview with the cast of Ghostbusters, ,when the new ghostbusters game came out (like a year ago i think?) and they said that their hopes was the fan base would accept the game as the 3rd installment to the franchise.

Even more depressing, the game sucked. Big time. There was some great Bill Murray voice acting going on...but the story has lame, the graphics were mediocre, and the gameplay was dismal.

Man - i'd love to see one last movie from these guys.

Good Call!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
While it wouldn't be a direct remake per say a film concerning the classic seas story that is the Battleship Bismarck attempted to break out into the Atlantic has all the ingredients of a great film . The only film I know of that has been done on the subject is Sink The Bismarck . Such a project would have to be entrusted to someone like Peter Jackson who wouldn't fall into the Hollywood trap of having the US singly handily win WW2 .

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
As I said on the other thread. I thought waterworold was a pretty decent movie.

Good one on Roger rabbit. That used to be one of my favorites of all time. I watched that movie over and over.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join