It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any bikers in this place?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I was just curious. I metioned a new scooter I'm building in another thread and got to wondering how many bikers we've got on board.

Thats me on the Dyna. Currently I'm building an FXR style scoot. 95 cu inch Evo, 5 speed with a kicker, big ol bars, and some pipes that are louder than hell.

Any way, I guess this is the new thread to talk about all things Harley!!! Or not Harley, anyhting on two wheels is welcome! I look forward to seeing some of the other ATS scooters.

Any of the mods ride? I bet there are a few...

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
20 badass bikes!

[edit on 30 Dec 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

OK, I have looked at all of those bikes, and they are very futuristic, but if I had to choose, i would pick the one in the OP.

Nothing like a Harley....Nothing.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I should of been studying when I was having fun on an old one of these!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1c4978ca9470.jpg[/atsimg]

I'v crashed mangled and otherwise abused many other bikes - the RD is the only one I loved...

Edit... I dare any real biker to ride this bike and not smile

[edit on 30/12/2009 by Now_Then]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I've been partial to a harley my whole life, but that Yamaha looks like it would be fun as all hell to get out and ride.

I'll try and keep this thread going with some pics of the scooter I'm building right now. In the mean time I imagine that the frame and tank would look similar to this chopped FXR. The paint will be different but the general look of the bike is almast exact... my tank is larger becasue those little stretched out sprotster tanks will only get you about 90-100 miles, where my 3.5 gallon will double that and then some.

The FXR frame that I'll be using is a stock replacement from Santee frames. I'm not sure if i want to stretch the backbone/downtubes yet. The one pictured probably has about 2 inches added to the backbone and maybe 2 or 3 to the downtubes. Pretty scooter.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c531a9487825.jpg[/atsimg]

Oh yeah... I think I'm gonna go for a ride

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I personally have riden many over the 18 years or so, many fond experiences from my 50cc scooter I learned on upto my current xl1000 varadero, My fav though was my VFR750, great all rounder, I still want the bike from Akira Manga cartoon, that would be my holy grail of bikes to own I think.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Nice dyna.
Fellow biker/builder here.

Own a 2009 Street bob. Stripped everything off I don't need.
Bought it to have a new harley. (never owned anything new)
Sweet bike. Torque for days.
Turned the bars up further for the ape look. I like it, looks bare.

Also, I'm building a '78 Yamaha xs650 into alittle bobber deal.
Lotsa work todo on it still...

Had a rocket once. Cbrf4i. Fast as I'll ever go. Sold it. Too many friends died.

Now, I just tinker and ride the bob. I'll post pics of the yamaha and harley when I can.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

The 09 Streetbob is pretty slick. F4's are fast. I learned hopw to ride on an ear;ier version, the 600 F2. That thing was fast. Later one of my buddies owned the CBR 900RR and that thing was scary fast. Wheel stands were butter on that bad machine.

Not quite like a Harley though.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Yeah I hear ya. Rockets are fun...the f4i was a blast to wheelie for days.

Love the harley, tho. New pipes, air sucker, and cpu work nice.

Loud, fast and mean. Just the way I like it.

Just wish there were more parts "Made in the USA".
I looked at the coil, it says "Made in Mexico".

I was like, "Sweet. Well, can't say all-american made anymore."

Bummer.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by havok]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
not mine, just wanted to post this here for y'all to gape and look at.

oops, forgot to put the linky. for more picture goodness.

[edit on 1.10.10 by toreishi]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
My father-in-law (the best really!) just got a bike. Bless his heart.

Oh the Boomer Lulz...

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I miss my bike....had one for a few years, when younger, as my sole transport...

I miss it, except when it rains, or when it's cold....

It was an ordinary bike, a normal street bike, and not a Harley or anything, but I loved that thing....

Eventually, I'll get another, someday.....

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Used to be one, long time ago. '67 Shovel Head, milled heads with big block Chevy rockers milled in, stainless Manley valves, Crane cam, 128" straight pipes, on a stripped down machine, painted coal black. Had a lot of good times on the Hog, still have fond memories of her. Stolen by a turd from my front yard in 2001. Sweet machine!

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Beautiful ride! Looks like you still have many years of riding still in you, and I hope you enjoy every mile like I did the many miles I have behind me. I have a feeling you will! I started riding in 1966 at the age of 15, and my first bike was an old army 45. I managed to get 43 years in, then I had to sell my bike in order to pay for my son's funeral. Because I'm on a disability pension, I'll never be able to buy another, but every once in a while I still take my old lid down off the shelf, and wipe the dust off it, and think back to the days when my son and I used to ride together. I only have a couple of regrets, and they are that I never did make my ride out to the west coast to visit my brother, and those rare days when I didn't ride because it was raining. Most times however, I didn't let the rain stop me. Keep your knees in the breeze, and the rubber side up!

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Hell yea I live to ride man! Although sadly enough I live in an area highly populated by deer and ridiculously stupid drivers so I keep it offroad. Here is my Kawi I love this bike, gets me to places I would otherwise never go.

But with areas like this who needs roads I find my own.....

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I have my license but no bike of my own yet. I'm going to get one next season. Honda Shadow Aero.

Being short (5'1"), options are limited. I HAVE to be able to reach the ground flat-footed. I won't ride on tip-toes -- it's just not safe. So, there aren't too many bikes at 750cc or higher that I can reach without having an after-market fix.

That's the plan, anyway...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
My last street bike was a Triumph Speed Triple, 2001. Loved the bike, but it got totaled by a marauding Cadillac in a parking lot. My son and I are big into motocross racing as well. WAY too much fun!!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
I was just curious. I metioned a new scooter I'm building in another thread and got to wondering how many bikers we've got on board.

Me. Used to me, anyway, before a semi truck accident that ruined my back and neck and ended my riding days. Had a '64 Panhead custom job, extended forks, ape hanger bars, S&S carb, Crane Cam, Shaved head with stainless Manley valves and bronze guides, painted a dark pitch black with blue ghost flames. One fine machine, she represented 5 years of my life and a $15,000 investment, and most of my free time. I only got to ride here for two years, then the wreck happened. A few months later, sitting in the front yard, she was stolen. My insurance had expired, and she was gone forever in essence.....but! she is very alive in my heart, and mind. Owning and riding a Harley Davidson is a lifestyle for most, and an obsession for some. I still have my genuine H_D pigskin leather jacket, it no longer fit across my belly. I am restoring it for my Grandson, to be presented on his 16th birthday. Thanks for the ride, friend.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

does this count?

strictly off road but more fun than you can imagine..... except when you get it home and have to clean it....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/85eb69f7945e.jpg[/atsimg]

PEACE,

RK.
edit on 26-11-2010 by Rigel Kent because: cos I struggle at sizing photos.....

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Here is one in action ridden by an extremely talented lad....... sadly not me

hope you enjoy....

PEACE,

RK
edit on 26-11-2010 by Rigel Kent because: Not only do I struggle sizing photos, I am piss poor at embedding videos

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join