It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Danger at home: Rare form of TB comes to U.S

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Danger at home: Rare form of TB comes to U.S

www.msnbc.msn.com

Editor's note: Once curable diseases such as tuberculosis and malaria are rapidly mutating into aggressive strains that resist drugs. The reason: The misuse of the very drugs that were supposed to save us has built up drug resistance worldwide. First of a five-part series.

LANTANA, Fla. - It started with a cough, an autumn hack that refused to go away.

Then came the fevers. They bathed and chilled the skinny frame of Oswaldo Juarez, a 19-year-old Peruvian visiting the United States to study English. His lungs clattered, his chest tightened and he ached with every gasp. During a wheezi
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Well folks, here is your new pandemic. I especially like the fear mongering editors note at the beginning.

So what next, we have TB, perhaps Small Pox? Malaria?

West Nile Virus outbreak? Seems swine flu didn't fare out as well as the TPTB thought it would. Perhaps it was just a test run and now they've kicked things into high gear.

Or perhaps I should take off the tin foil hat!?

And what is the problem? The OVERUSE of drugs! Say it isn't so!

Just as the drugs were a manmade solution to dangerous illness, the problem with them is also manmade. It is fueled worldwide by everything from counterfeit drugmakers to the unintended consequences of giving drugs to the poor without properly monitoring their treatment. Here's what the AP found:

In Cambodia, scientists have confirmed the emergence of a new drug-resistant form of malaria, threatening the only treatment left to fight a disease that already kills 1 million people a year.

In Africa, new and harder to treat strains of HIV are being detected in about 5 percent of new patients. HIV drug resistance rates have shot up to as high as 30 percent worldwide.

In the U.S., drug-resistant infections killed more than 65,000 people last year — more than prostate and breast cancer combined. More than 19,000 people died from a staph infection alone that has been eliminated in Norway, where antibiotics are stringently limited.

Damn, I guess it is so.

Well I guess we are up S-Creek and no paddle now folks.

Thoughts?

~Keeper

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Were not scared enough, MORE FEAR MORE FEAR!

TERRORISTS! EVIL!! SCARY RELIGIONS!! BOOGA BOOGA!!! TYPHOID MARY IS FLYING INTO A TOWN NEAR YOU!!!

Im glad we got a heads up to what new fear tactic is coming down the pipe to our TVs. I dont even have a TV, I guess I just deserve someone to just come cough on me. Serves me right for unplugging from the MSM.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Tanulis

As long as the internet exists than there is no real reason to be un-aware of anything.

The nice thing about the net is that I get to choose which lies I want to be subjected to.

This one is just to warn my fellow ATS'ers that this is the future.

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Damn, I guess it is so.

Well I guess we are up S-Creek and no paddle now folks.

Thoughts?
~Keeper

Yep. We are up a NEW S-Creek with no paddle.
Another day, another scare tactic.

Gotta keep the people of this country in fear!
Makes the purchasing power greater!
Consume minions!
CONSUME!
*evil-laugh*

Sorry....I got carried away.

Good find!
*S&F*

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
While we're busy worrying about which disease the media or government says might kill us, we still have to remember to look both ways before crossing the street.

Life is short and death could come at any minute and in various ways.

Enjoy life while you can and if you just happen to contact one of these rare diseases at least you can say you had one hell of a life.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Funny how all of these different diseases are "rapidly mutating into deadly resistant versions" on their own, simultaneously.

Coincidentally, in the same time frame as when scientists made major advances in genetic manipulation.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Deny Arrogance

That is funny isn't lol?

Yeah, everytime we do any sort of advancement in Biology of Virology etc, we always get some new super virus that comes up.

I'm pretty sure they develop these things and it becomes a video game for them, how many people can we save or how much time will it take to develop a cure after we realease this one.

And they are arrogant enough to tell us that the reason is "overuse" of medication, when it's practically force fed down our throats in everything we eat.

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
To help get rid of TB, increase your vitamin C intake, take oregano oil, and eat vitamin c fruits or high anti oxidant fruits, drink alot of water, and EAT NO JUNK FOOD.

I cant stress that enough, no junk food, or you will ruin the increased vitamin c intake.

Human beings do not produce vitamin C, but ape's, chimp's, and monkey's do.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

Actually they don't.

We all have the bluprint in our DNA to naturally produce Vitamin C, but it's been turned off every since we added lots of vitamin C rich foods into our diets.

I could be wrong about the Monkeys but I was under the assumpting theirs was turned off as well.

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I just know human beings has been switched off, and it is not cause we eat vitamin rich foods all the time, cmon man, look at the wasteline of americans, we have gotten fat and lazy. Most people eat 75%-80% dead food rather then veggies and fruits.

The monkeys tend to eat alot of fruits anyways, so it wouldn't matter to them.

I found out that humans dont make vitamin c from someone that created a better form of vitamin c called Super C22

[edit on 27-12-2009 by Quickfix]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Well it's been turned off for as long as we have been Homo Sapian, and back then, yes we did eat a lot of Vitamin C right foods. It's not something that happened in the last 200 years or anything.

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Well, then human-beings still need to supplement, and and increase of vitamin c and using Oregano Oil (one of the most powerful anti-oxidants on the planet) will certainly help you chances of fighting off that new strain of TB.

Can you say TB+ H1N1?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Ohh I certainly agree with you about Vitamin C helping fend off any disease really, it's important for our overall health and is far too neglected in today's society.

And Yes TB would SUCK hardcore already, mix swin flu with that and you've got something else entirely.

I wonder if that's what happened in Turkey, reports of the Black Lungs and what not?

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I haven't a clue about what happened in Turkey, but i heard about those black lungs from another thread here on ATS.

The H1n1 and TB mixed will surely cause some trouble, until we see it happen which could be in the next few months, we can only speculate.

join