It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

nothing matters because its all going to end

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
this isn't a thread about the end of the world or if you believe in god or not. its about death. some of us worry about small things that seem important but when you realy think about it they dont mean much because they dont last forever nothing does. and when we die im sure your problems wont matter. weather you go to heaven hell or just die it wont matter.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by shadow12]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It's not as bad as all that. Matter is neither destroyed or created, it endures. We don't know anymore about stellar death than our own; what's on the other side of the event horizon? We are all moving bodies in space, like stars and planets, and there is a cycle to things, but why should that negate the potential for meaning in our lives? It's all in the perception.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
Perhaps it wont matter when YOU die, but I plan on leaving my mark.

Strange but how many of us can really say that, lol.

Yep our worlds we live in on earth may seem petty, but being tortured by freaks on earth is not petty to the victim -op.

I think planet earth is hell literally from the bible, and we just all are in theis together.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
You got that right. In the end it doesnt even matter like the lincoln park song goes.

Death is the only peace away from this world of crap.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by shadow12

It does matter though, I feel kinda sad when people think that it's not worth the journey. There will be some awesome experiences waiting for you and some crappy ones. They all add up to your life's experiences.

Ok I am a spiritualist in my beliefs, I am not religious, I just think the spirit lives on after this. The spirit world is a world of imagination and whatever you imagine is real, as real as this world.

I believe our time here is for us to experience as much as we possibly can, so that when we do pass into the spirit world, our imaginative ability is fully developed. It's the equivalence of learning to walk.

beyond that, the challenges we face strengthens our character which makes us who we are. And who we are is what matters.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

matters if your alive. or you wouldnt have made the thread/>

Ironic

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Thats a very grim outlook on life mate. Carpe Diem - Seize the moment. Life is what you make of it. And I firmly believe that the impact we make on others does have a strong meaning in life.

And the post below mine is simply, brilliant! I 100% Agree and couldn't have said it any better!

[edit on 25-12-2009 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Bah.
The fact everything ends is what gives such tremendous value to existence. Right here and right now is our niche in time. We control our existence-to varying degrees.
The fact that it is so limited makes it all the more awe-inspiring. To know that billions-to-one odds arranged for the universe to make you present to witness events, to interact with them or even to bask in the beauty of a sunset.

It is all momentous.

What matters is what you do with your time. Will you sit and watch T.V. every night? Will you spend it staring at a wall? Or, will you leave a mark on the world. The one thing that is true is: There is nothing worse than laying on ones deathbed with regret in ones heart.

Do nothing to cause regret. With that in mind most people regret what they did not do far more than the things they did.

So: Grow a pair. Live life to it's fullest. Be honest to all around you and strive for the betterment of all life on earth. Afterall: All we can prove is that we have each other.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

some of us worry about small things that seem important but when you realy think about it they dont mean much because they dont last forever nothing does.
Maybe that's what makes life so precious? The fact that life, and everything in this universe, will not stay the same or last forever? Life is truly a rare and precious and the fact that nothing lasts forever makes everything so much more important. Don't take things for granted my friend...for you don't know what you've got till it's gone.

It's true...nothing really matters in the end...but it's the meaning we give these things which is important...that's essentially the essence of life...and life is a beautiful and rare thing...the gift of experience and existence should never be taken for granted...even if it doesn't really matter...because we can give it meaning and make it matter...

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
it would be really funny if you went and killed yourself because of your closed mind way of thinking and a few years from now technology would allow us to clone jump and live forever.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jaden_x

Our souls are eternal anyway...but that doesn't necessarily mean they last forever...it's like watching your favorite show then wishing you could erase your memory so you could watch it again and be just as entertained as you were the first time...we choose to destroy ourselves in the end because life gets boring after we reach a peak in our advancement...it's like a child entering the world for the first time...everything is new to them...so wondrous and full of mystery everything needs to be explored and discovered...

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

that's only based on how you see things from your point of view. i wouldn't want to live on this rock forever either, i'm bored already, but the universe is a big place. just have to think bigger. lots to see out there.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
what worries me is if tptb found the secret to eternal life.they would put their population control programme into overdrive and start the world from scratch and me or you wouldnt be involved in that vision.when i found out about the doomsday seed vault it made me think that it`s not for the benefits of the plenty, but of the few and that they`re prepairing for the oncomming sh@#storm that awaits mankind

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jaden_x

i wouldn't want to live on this rock forever either, i'm bored already, but the universe is a big place. just have to think bigger. lots to see out there.
I am thinking deeper and bigger than you can possibly imagine (or maybe you can)...I'm thinking even beyond physical exploration...I'm thinking to the point where one has mastered an understanding of self and reality to a degree where there is literally nothing left to understand...mental exploration. A perfect, pure and unadulterated cognitive functioning, a grasping and understanding of all that is...literally Godlike status...anyone can become a God...but when they do they realize the only thing left to do is destroy themselves and start all over again.

Another question I wanted to pose: How much meaning would things have if they were all eternal and lasting forever? Don't you think such a reality would be meaning and pointless? Isn't THAT the reality where things really mean nothing in the end?

EDIT: That same concept relates to what I'm trying to explain above...life too would lose meaning if it were to last forever...and IMO we do have eternal souls...therefore in the end we will destroy ourselves...

[edit on 25/12/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
It's true, nothin really matters. This is just a playground for immortals.

So dont worry about when your end will come, ... but decide how you will spend the time you have, ... create the world in which you wish to live in, ... be the person you choose to be.

Only here does everything feel so real though, ... we decide what matters, what's worth living for. Don't get lost in all of this, ... it is all here for us, .. to express ourselves in relation to all that is

Enjoy it. because when you leave, ... there's only one thing that you want to happen, ....... you want to come back.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Personally I think everything matters.

I am not a believer in religion and gods and things like that but I have had near death experiences and more than once I am cheerless to say. I meditate a lot and being the atheist that I am for most of my adult life I take no pleasure in noticing that there does seem to be something more to the theory that there is something “waiting” for us when we give up the stressful career of breathing.

I do not mean heaven and hell but more a reset or cosmic reboot?

I am more and more under the impression that life is lived for a reason but the reasons are never apparent and in our faces because to know the reason would be to negate the reason for breathing and break a fundamental elemental and natural law we are only now starting to become aware of – etheric science I will call it.

Reincarnation perhaps where you live through the mistakes of a past existence or is it more complicated than that? Could life be a relentless learning experience, a series of fluid and subtle examples that exists to test us, to lead us eventually onto a higher level/plane of existence that needs the stresses and pains of the precious existences to fully appreciate the real reasons that bring us all together on this world.

We are born, we live and we die but why is the burning question that has always plagued me even when I was fickle youth.

Life and death could be an artificially created series of games set in motion by an intelligence that is a million years ahead of us in evolutionary, technological and spiritual terms and thus they be gods to the likes of us, or it could just be about fractalised mathematics, where everything comes down to numbers in a web of complexity that would can only glimpse but never fully comprehend because our minds are just not quite there yet?

I knew of a guy once told to me by a friend of a friend about a man who loved mathematics and loved it so much he lost his mind but before he lost his mind he related to a confidant that life and the universe was mathematics and within vast jumbles of numbers were defined and definite markers spread out at perfectly spaced intervals.

I am recalling this from memory but the story goes that this man realised that from the biggest star to the smallest molecule, everything danced to the tune of the number, a perfect symmetry between math and motion, matter and energy, vibration and space. Upon realising that these so called markers that existed within everything but could only be discerned through mathematics, the realisation dawned up him like Hiroshima that life, the universe and reality was a creation and not an evolution and like a full cup taking on too much his mind broke open.

Truth or not I found this story to be fascinating and somewhat disconcerting. This is not my theory, it is something I conversed about with others some years ago and it stuck in my mind, an itch that never went away.

These days this story seems to have been relegated to the realms of urban myths but I did read about the man and I even knew his name and his theories made the hairs on my arms stand on end but google has so far proved fruitless.

We really could be living a biological matrix where we live our lives to set rules where to break the rules will bring consequences in that a life taken is another life lived but a life lived that educates the life taker why another’s life should never be taken unless there is a definite reason that to take a life for food is fine not because it tastes nice but because the food gained will sustain a life.

Something along the lines of “thank you brother/sister for giving me life with your death.”

My point is that there is a reasons you live I am absolutely certain of it but for what reason and how does the ethereal machinery behind this existence work is the massive question here. I think that there is no way to get off the train, a suicide will reset the clock and you or I like a child balking at medicine you or I would end up having to take it in the end because you or I never had a choice the moment we started breathing, living and dying.

Live, leave a mark if you must but more importantly than leaving a mark, know that we are in the same game, struggling in the same boat to keep the water from submerging us/resetting us. I think the key is respectful acknowledgement of each other and other life, to regain a connection to the earth and everything that makes up our environment from the rock to the bug.

Kill if you must but not out of hand or for another’s whims and do it always with respectful reverence that a life lived and taken was a life you may need to atone for later?

I have a nagging feeling that has echoed throughout my life that “I was only following orders” will not cut it when life ends and a re-education becomes the order of the game for the person who thought an adherence to orders was a correct course of action in the context of life in the mathematical and spiritual sense.

In the end I think we take responsibility for our past deeds, alone, nothing is hidden.

Yeah, yeah I’m crazy but better crazy than living with my head at ground level munching cud and making herbivorous noises any day, doomed to miserably groundhog my way into the distant future story of this world.

I think of myself as atheistic in thinking but perhaps more accurately I am agnostic, who knows or cares – I do not subscribe to labels.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
reply to post by jaden_x

Our souls are eternal anyway...but that doesn't necessarily mean they last forever...

Our soul is 'eternal' but it doesn't last forever....what?

So your eternal is not eternal...
...now that makes alot of sense...not!

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Shadow12 you might need to get a few hobbies.

When I was cut loose from my mama's apron strings and left the family home I realized it was a big world with more to see and do than I would ever have time for.

I lived life hard and fast and enjoyed every minute of it.

Have you sky dived yet? Or bungee jumped from a tall bridge.

Have you gone boating and gotten lost for days?

Have you built and raced a car yet only to be destroyed in the 14th lap?

I could go on and on and on. But I won't.

I was always looking for my next challenge and/or thrill most of my life.

Things most women would never do and few men did I have done.

Never had a boring moment in my life.

Get out of the house and get your adrenaline pumping.

Play so hard and get dog tired and be barely able to pull your tired body to bed.

I think you've got too much time on your hands.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Now I wish I had said that, that is some solid advice and I fully support nearly all of that but not the bit where you advise hurling thyself out a plane.

My wife did that a few times when she was younger and just hearing her talk about it is always enough to make my toes curl... (Shudder)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join