It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do we "really" know?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I have only been wandering around these forums for a few months now and I think we all need to touch base real quick. I think the majority of the people that come to this forum can agree on a few things ... the news we get is severely censored, the government has many skeletons in the closet, and a general feeling that things are pretty messed up. I love some of these theories as much as the next guy but I grow tired of flipping through the paranoid ramblings looking for little grains of interesting material.

Sites like ATS are absolutely necessary and I am extremely thankful for its existence but the amount of empty fear mongering paranoia has made me pull back and think. "OK things are messed up but without a clear mind of what is true and what is just fluff knowing anything or doing anything about it is impossible."

So my question to you ...

When you go to bed at night, what conspiracies do you feel so strong about that you would go ahead and claim that you are certain of? Any? A few? All of them? The rabbit hole is a tricky thing and it can play tricks on your eyes.

What good are we doing running around pointing left and right claiming this is suspicious, that guy misspoke, look at these fuzzy photos of objects in space ... etc. There are some serious things going on (I think anyway) but 99% of people are decent, honest, hard working well wishers.

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself." --- its true!

I may just be doing this to combat my own paranoia from getting out of control but please join in ... let me know what you think.

Take care friends ... sleep well

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Some conspiracies are kind of sketchy, but some are as plain as day. I would cite 9/11 as being plain as day. There is so much evidence for it being an inside job, that it's damn near irrefutible, but yet sheeple say nay. Oh, and another I am certain of is the Big Brother conspiracy, I know this from personal experience.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by kingoftheworld]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I agree, but as far as conspiracies -

I think it's pretty obvious there is and always has been an element within society that uses manipulation and other things as a way of keeping and maintaining control and advantages over others.

But like you said, if people can't start to tell the difference between fact and fiction, then it's not going to make much difference. The things that are passed off by people without question, or with the assumption it's already true because of the persons own bias is exactly the factors which allows the manipulation and so forth to happen.

Once you have people who will act/react in such a way, it's really only a matter of introducing the actions required to get the reactions wanted. No different than the same way a rocket gives such people power. No matter what a person believes about 9/11, it is quite easy to see how the reaction was controlled and manipulated based on the action.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kingoftheworld

I tend to agree. 9/11 really stands out maybe only because the amount of footage that is out there. Imagine if the assassination of JFK had video from 20 different angles.

There are a couple others that come to mind. UFOs (in general) and some of the brain washing stuff concerning MK Ultra really stand out to me.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I am starting to think you may be right. It seems every possibility will be embraced and represented when a given population reaches a certain number. Paranoia is really no different. And I suppose if it were not for those pools of extreme paranoia then there wouldn't be anywhere for people to investigate or even discuss the more "moderate" topics.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Aside from 911 Oklahoma City infuriates me. I did some research on OKC for someone who is writing a book that they have yet to release (do not know why) and some of things that I discovered were and still are just difficult to believe. But, after doing that it really opened my eyes up to the REAL world at hand

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by underduck

I truly, and deeply believe that we have been lied too for decades about the true existence of UFO's and perhaps extraterrestrials. Extraterrestrials are more uncertain, but it is my opinion that the United States government has absolutely been lying about their involvement and knowledge of unidentified flying objects. I base my claims off of relevant research that I have done on my own, and with the help of fellow ATS members. Specifically the USAF's involvement in UFO research, especially claiming that all programs were dismembered and investigation into the matter was eliminated after project blue book.

However it is clearly obvious that this is a false statement, and unofficially the air force is undeniable still researching the matter. Following project blue book included projects grudge, sign and magnet (my memory is a little flaky, but to my best understanding these were the proceeding projects, researching UFO's). Then on top of that, the speculation that one can come to, with advanced aerospace technology being created and used at Area 51... and emerging technologies within the dominate military contractors of our country. Perhaps reverse-engineering?

I think one of the biggest things that has influenced my beliefs with this are the ongoing or recent disclosures from various governments across the world about their UFO research projects. Many of which were very recent projects or are still on going. And for the United States, the superpower of the world to simply state "they are not interested in the matter, and are not researching UFO's" is bogus!!! Especially when you consider that we have the largest military budget in the world, with over 50% of our tax's going directly to our military. After all of my studies, this is how the dots connect for me.

And then on top of that, all of the credible and highly persuasive UFO encounters, abductions and stories that have been cataloged over the years. All the highly credible government officials that have recently came out, stating that the US government is involved in extensive research of the topic. It is only rational to conclude that we have been visited and our government is involved in something very suspicious!!! Again these are my personal beliefs, after the hundreds if not thousands of hours, I have came too after my research into the field of Ufology.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another large conspiracy that I have begun to recently research, and am starting to believe is the corruption and deceit of our government. Especially the possibility of global political control held by the large and very wealth corporations and elite of the world. Climate-gate, the Rothschild's are two examples of this. I am definitely leaning towards the belief that there is a shadow government, consisting of the world's elite, that influence and control society. My only question thus far, is how deep is the corruption? How much influence do they really have on us, and to what extent.

These are the two MAJOR on-going conspiracies that I deeply believe in....

- aFTeRm4Th

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
The truth is like an onion.

A guy finds the onion and exclaims with excitment

"AHA! I found the truth!"

He holds the onion in his hand stares at it marveled at his discovery. He decides he should show that to his friends.

"Look!" *shows the onion* "Look what I found! I found the truth!"

And his friends are marveled as well, till someone points out that there seems to be something under the skin of the onion. So the guy removes the skin and he is amazed at what he finds under it.

"OMG! I thought I knew everything, but I was wrong. NOW I found the truth! This is amazing!"

And he goes around showing his skinless onion to his friends. And they are marveled. Then, one day, he finds out he could remove another layer of the onion and what's under that amazes him.

"OMG! Now, THAT I didn't expect! This CERTAINLY is the truth!"

And so on an so forth. That guy will have to keep peeling the onion to find the truth at the very core of it.

So, take any conspiracy theory and treat it as an onion. Is there ANY conspiracy theory we can say we have peeled all the layers? I dont think so. That's why they are called conspiracy theories.

What we really know? We have peeled a few layers, enough to make us cry and get bad breath.

new topics

top topics

join