It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

87% Of Crop Circles Occured Over An Aquifer From 1993-1998

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
A study of crop circles appearing in England from 1993 to 1998 showed that 87% of them occured over a large aquifer. In a video I watched not too long ago the figures were said to be 98% of the crop circles in the world occuring there. Take a look at the map and take note of how they follow the contour of the underground aquifer.
www.sacredbritain.com...
I couldn't post just the image I wanted for some reason so scroll down the page to get to the maps.

And I ask you, how would people know that?

[edit on 12/21/2009 by MissSmartypants]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

You may want to check your link. Wouldn't open a page for me. Im on a DOD computer so that might be the issue but I don't think so because it usualy gives me a warning If the page is firewalled, this one just said couldn't find page.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeoplesSoldier

I tried to fix it
I will try again

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeoplesSoldier

You're right it's a bad link, not the DOD computer.

For one thing the link has spaces in it and URLs don't have spaces.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Maybe you might be so kind as to post the picture of the crop circles over the aquifer for me. Oops, this sentence sure looked longer on the reply page.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Call me crazy but for one, most seem to be in England and wouldn't the fields tend to be near an aquifer for irrigation purposes?

Just thinkin' out loud...

Edit:

Then again, perhaps it was just done that way on purpose for authenticity. The aquifer data was unkown at the time?

The best circlemaking crops grow there?

Proximity to circlemakers?

[edit on 12/21/2009 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I am not sure, but I think the OP is refering to underground water tables...
If using that assumption, the #'s are more or less correct.
I read an article about the same theory a few years ago, I'm sure it's still out there somewhere, about the Nasca lines also having aqauifers lining up with them, and showing areas of depth "closest to the surface"

I am not sure if I believe this one way or the other, but if they are "magnetic" in nature, whether from solar storms, or intelligent design.

Water is known to have affects on anything with magnetic properties.

There is enough info. there, for further research IMO.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Well, okay just go all Phage on me, why don't you. But that doesn't explain why a similar percentage of circles aren't appearing over farms that aren't over the aquifer.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MissSmartypants
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Well, okay just go all Phage on me, why don't you. But that doesn't explain why a similar percentage of circles aren't appearing over farms that aren't over the aquifer.

My apologies. There is only ONE true Phage. Two in the same universe would spell destruction.

I did add a few more possibilities to my list. I am just trying to exhaust the mundane ones first. All but one seem falsifiable with research.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
Call me crazy but for one, most seem to be in England and wouldn't the fields tend to be near an aquifer for irrigation purposes?

Just thinkin' out loud...

EnlightenUp, please do not bring logic and reason into this thread. It will be ignored, shunned and will either starve to death or die of loneliness

Originally posted by MissSmartypants

Wouldn't be anything to do with certain types of crops would it?
Crop patterns mainly seem to used in a certain type of crop, perhaps those that grow well over an aquifer with others, could be 13% in a different type of crop?
I'm not a farmer, but I do know plants flourish in different types of soil

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daisy-Lola
EnlightenUp, please do not bring logic and reason into this thread. It will be ignored, shunned and will either starve to death or die of loneliness

I generally reseve my more "outlandish" thinking for the Psychology, Philosophy and Metaphysics forum.

If it does die that really doesn't bode well for thought in general. It is interesting enough to find out what possible connection(s) could create that, with or without using explicit knowledge of the location of the fissure-flow aquifer.

Thus, I'd love to hear more possible hypotheses. I doubt I've exausted all the mundane ones.

"And I ask you, how would people know that?"

Based on the quoted OP's question, I just heard in my mind a tacit "how is this observed pattern possible?" I guess the only thing left for me to do is follow up on the ideas.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

In my humble opinion, it would be more relevant to look at the percentage of crop circles in England that were discovered near ancient monuments and settlements. Stone circles, long barrows etc.

Crop circles seem to have some connection to Ley lines too.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

Yes, I too had heard about the Nazca lines being situated above underground resevoirs of water. And of course I've read about incidents of UFOs hovering above bodies of water somehow siphoning the water into the ship. Just putting it out there is all.

new topics

top topics

join