It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do Rappers Hold Their Guns Sideways?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Simple solution to shooting sideways is to have the correct sights installed.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2fe6b727e63b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Same reason they wear their pants around their ankles and turn their baseball caps to the side like some inbred with Down syndrome.

You're right, it's all done for the same reason, but that reason is simply because YOU expect THEM to DO whatever YOUR WAY, which is why they are doing it the other way. If all us older coots around here started to wear our pants down around our ankles one day, ha, that would be the day THEY would all start to pull their britches back up to where they belong. Really, it's all just a bunch of childish game playing of wanting to be different in order to be noticed. It's a subtle cry for attention when people act the opposite of what others expect of them. "Oh look at me, acknowledge me, I'm different, I'm a rebel, I'm hip, I'm cool, I'm the cats pajamas."
Funny. Most will eventually grow up and mature and stop all that one day. Later they may even feel embarrassed about it all. Gosh, I wouldn't want anyone to see my high school picture from years ago.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Blame Hollywood.

2nd line.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Rappers hold guns sideways because it is more comfortable.
It's that simple.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Exactly

Thank you for clearing that up.

Any explanation on the comfort of this grip style? I'd like to hear more from someone who might actually be able to explain the ergonomic side of this.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

I found the answer out for you…
Dain Bramage!… Err…I mean… Brain Damage!:

Spastic Hypertonia after a Traumatic Brain Injury:
Spastic Hypertonia often occurs after a traumatic brain injury (TBI) as a result of damage to the brain stem, cerebellum or mid-brain. The damage affects the reflex centers in the brain, interrupting the flow of messages along various nerve pathways. This disruption of signals can cause changes in muscle tone, movement, sensation and reflex. The location of the brain injury can affect which areas of the body are affected and what the specific motor deficit may be. For example, the changes in movement may involve only one side of the body. The reflex centers in the brain are more complex than those in the spinal cord. This can make the treatment of spastic hypertonia in individuals with TBI more difficult to treat than in persons with spinal injuries or diseases.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I realize it's easy to poke fun at this, but consider it's too easy a target. The title of the thread is from the article I linked to, and it does poke fun in a way.

I think the point of the article is trying to dig a little deeper. We're looking at a glamorized version of violence that sets up it's own followers to fail. It can be argued that the wanna be gangsta who was taken down by police deserved his fate. He doesn't represent the whole of this argument though.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
This thread makes me sad for ATS. Have we really run out of so many genuinely interesting things to discuss/share/argue about that we have an entire thread dedicated to rappers holding guns sideways? They are rappers so I would have to guess they are in a video or performing when you see this as I have no access to all this rapper shooting range footage. This would lead me to believe they are not actually using the gun but holding the gun for a camera or audience. Can we get back to something serious like mines on Mars and shadow people now?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Lillydale

This might be an important subject to others. Feel free not to opine if it's beneath you.

The point of the sideways grip for camera angle has been mentioned numerous times, this is not what this thread is about.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by Seiko]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Then what is it about if it is not how a rapper holds his gun? Where is the deep conspiracy because I missed it? I did think you would catch my referencing mines on Mars and shadow people as me mostly joking with you but I guess around here there is no point in that.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Reply to post by JohnPhoenix

If that was their concern and they had half a brain they'd use a revolver rather than take the time to pick up the cases after their inaccurate sideways ghetto shots.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Nice.

In one of his songs Beanie Sigel says ''I carry a revolver so my shells walk with me.''

But to be fair, he likes autos too. He says ''I keep the silencer on the threaded Lorcin, but can't do sh-- about the sparkin'. That's why I get my bodies just before darkness. Your dogs ain't doin' sh--, just doin' a lot of barkin'.''

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   

There is a question at the end of my op. There is another point made just above us "setting up their followers to fail". Think about that, and you may get why I felt this topic worthy of discussion.

The title of the thread is from the title of the source. It was simply trying to explain a question posed to the author after the incident in new york, and to set straight some misconceptions.

How a video star or hollywood actor holds a weapon shouldn't be emulated, and the gun jam was not caused by the grip itself. The point of this website is to help study information. I thought the piece worthy, and then wanted to delve further into the mindset of those affected by this unrealistic portrayal of glamour in violence.

edit: just can't type tonight.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko

There is a question at the end of my op. There is another point made just above us "setting up their followers to fail". Think about that, and you may get why I felt this topic worthy of discussion.

The title of the thread is from the title of the source. It was simply trying to explain a question posed to the author after the incident in new york, and to set straight some misconceptions.

How a video star or hollywood actor holds a weapon shouldn't be emulated, and the gun jam was not caused by the grip itself. The point of this website is to help study information. I thought the piece worthy, and then wanted to delve further into the mindset of those affected by this unrealistic portrayal of glamour in violence.

edit: just can't type tonight.

There is more to rap than glamor. Many of them really do move in underground circles that are militant and anti-establishment. Many really do want to overthrow the U.S. Government. The Media companies and distribution companies are funneling money from consumers to terrorists basically. Laugh if you want. Many rappers are hardcore criminals bent on destroying the West. This is what upsets me so much about the kids throwing their money away on this rap garbage and drugs. The kids are spending more money on drugs than music actually. That is why the rappers are in the drug game too. It is all about funding covert insurrection.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

I guess my thinking on the whole thing is that cars do not explode when you shoot at them. People do not get out of dumpsters and run away after landing in them from 10 stories up. One man does not take out teams and teams of trained military with automatic weapons with some cool kicks and a saw blade. Basically anything and everything we see in the media is BS and the majority of people know that. I just cannot imagine this incident is indicative of a conspiracy by rap artists to convince gang members to get shot by jamming up their own guns (maybe.) If this were another time, the thread would be titled "Why does Beavis want to start fires all the time?" Then we would read about a burned down trailer and the conspiracy of Mike Judge and MTV to kill off our kids. Anyone that owns a gun and plans on using it to put a bullet in someone should know that holding it chest height and sideways is a piss-poor way to come close to your target. Just my two cents. I am really not missing the mines on Mars threads. Honest, that was a joke. This just seems like that much of a stretch to me and I was really hoping there would be much more to it.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Mental retardation

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lillydale
Can we get back to something serious like mines on Mars and shadow people now?

Yeah, or like Thermite in the Twin Towers, and Missiles at the Pentagon…

Where’d those wings go??

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Originally posted by Lillydale
Can we get back to something serious like mines on Mars and shadow people now?

Yeah, or like Thermite in the Twin Towers, and Missiles at the Pentagon…

Where’d those wings go??

I am so sorry. Apparently I offended a Mars mine/shadow people person. Please forgive me. I would think it was rude to actually try to derail this thread with topics I have actually found myself posting even on the periphery of but you went right ahead and asked people to look at topics you have posted about. Tsk Tsk. I am sorry I upset you by mocking shadow people but that is no reason to derail someone else's thread with your 9/11 obsession. The topic here is rappers and guns.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire
There is more to rap than glamor. Many of them really do move in underground circles that are militant and anti-establishment. Many really do want to overthrow the U.S. Government. The Media companies and distribution companies are funneling money from consumers to terrorists basically. Laugh if you want. Many rappers are hardcore criminals bent on destroying the West. This is what upsets me so much about the kids throwing their money away on this rap garbage and drugs. The kids are spending more money on drugs than music actually. That is why the rappers are in the drug game too. It is all about funding covert insurrection.

Which rappers and where? I am not arguing, just genuinely asking. Are these real rappers that people have heard of or the type that sell their CDs locally?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Yeah I like shadow people, if you catch them in a 2ltr bottle, they look and taste just like Pepsi.

This was two lines when i typed it.

[edit on 12/19/2009 by defcon5]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Yeah I like shadow people, if you catch them in a 2ltr bottle, they look and taste just like Pepsi.

That is the most patently ridiculous thing that I have ever read in my entire life. It is bad enough you had to stop trolling one set of threads just to appear in others to spew off insipid nonsense like this. Anyone and I mean anyone with half of a freaking brain their head KNOWS that Coke is way better and shadow people have too much of that sugar taste. You are an idiot.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join