It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could ATS now be a think tank for the globalists, lol

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Just think about this for a second. Ats could now be being used as a think tank for various people to use for there agendas, lol.

Just ponder how they can come here and ask a question, and they can get 100's of different replies from people of all persuasions, and alot here are good at critical thinking, lol.

So is this board being used to answer some questions, and for people to think outside the box.

I am just asking as there is just a post about Petraeus talking about uae airforce.

Do you think they use our site and others as think tanks, for there system?

[edit on 12/18/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
ideas are free. Why not?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenochs
ideas are free. Why not?

I think most definitely now they use sites like ours, to make decisions.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Just think about this for a second. Ats could now be being used as a think tank for various people to use for there agendas, lol.

Just ponder how they can come here and ask a question, and they can get 100's of different replies from people of all persuasions, and alot here are good at critical thinking, lol.

So is this board being used to answer some questions, and for people to think outside the box.

I am just asking as there is just a post about Petraeus talking about uae airforce.

Do you think they use our site and others as think tanks, for there system?

[edit on 12/18/2009 by andy1033]

I know they do and was thinking man it would be nice to get paid for it, but money is just a demonic tool to survive on a free planet so I just sense them in their threads and share what I can because mabey it will help somebody who knows.

To take it further some on here may be looked at from afar, um just sayen

[edit on 12/18/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
if you were in a high position of power and wealth, would you spend your time monitoring the ramblings of paranoid conspiracy theorists?

link   
Just for the record I don't think ATS is special, the internet is a huge clearing house.

After all it was created to allow and to enhance communication, open sourcing like wikipedia, Yahoo's answer forums, Facebook, it's all about communication.

If a company, or think tank isn't skimming, if not actively using it to survey and collect public opinion, they're probably not a very useful, capable company.

The trick is sifting through the bias, and the crazy to find some useful information. That I am afraid will get much harder.

link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I think like the uae thread, it may be a think tank coming here and asking for people to think outside the box, and then they use all the info they get here.

I think ats is definitely being used like this.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I would if thinking out of the box was absent from all my higher up peers and all we could do is think inside the box.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
But info here is filtered by 70+ moderators, so how can it be a 'free-speech' platform?

It's an agenda driven UGC.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I think like the uae thread, it may be a think tank coming here and asking for people to think outside the box, and then they use all the info they get here.

I think ats is definitely being used like this.

cosign, knowledge seeking friend.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I don't want to get your thread deleted, and I'm sorry If I do, but some poster last night had a pretty good research project showing how ATS may be just as the OP says.

I'm not trying to say they are, but it was a serious thread.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

Prisoner,
If this speech is being filtered, I'd really hate to see unfiltered....
I mean come on.
This forum is pretty forgiving in what they allow on air.
As far as I can tell no-one ever gets banned unless they're just totally off topic or unforgivably offensive.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kenochs

That's because you never get to see the bans for minor infractions; it's swept under the carpet to present a clean sheet.

"Unforgivably offensive" is a very subjective doctrine. One man's meat, is another man's poison.

You'd be pleasantly surprised to see true free-speech on the interweb. It's not as chaotic as you think. Treat yourself to a dose of Reddit.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
No.

Political parties already have well advanced and significant network of think tanks. Maybe for a minor and small party, but no major political force would use the ideas and debates on ATS for a manifesto

[edit on 18-12-2009 by infinite]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Could ATS now be a think tank for the globalists,

So the globalists want to get information from fat, conservative white guys and teenagers pretending to be macho men. I don't think so....

[edit on 18-12-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by andy1033

Could ATS now be a think tank for the globalists,

So the globalists want to get information from fat, conservative white guys and teenagers pretending to be macho men. I don't think so....

[edit on 18-12-2009 by whaaa]

I think they do. If you think this board is not being used, i think your wrong.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I think they do. If you think this board is not being used, i think your wrong.

It is, but for different purposes.
Certain socio-political groups will be observed on ATS for extreme views - especially those with far right and far left views.

That's pretty certain

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
"fat, conservative white guys and teenagers pretending to be macho men" - speak for yourself.

It's not so much the content they could use, but the pulse of discussion and data mining the mentality of a hot topic.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
I know they do and was thinking man it would be nice to get paid for it...

Why? The dollar isn't worth much these days, is it?

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
if you were in a high position of power and wealth, would you spend your time monitoring the ramblings of paranoid conspiracy theorists?

If I was in a high position of power and wealth that I achieved through corrupt means, and thousands of people were reading and talking about it somewhere, I'd probably at least pay someone to do it for me ;D You'd be surprised how many celebrities google their own name. Same concept, I think.

Originally posted by kenochs
Just for the record I don't think ATS is special, the internet is a huge clearing house.

I would actually like to disagree with that. When researching various conspiracies or theories or ideas that went against the media, people in power, and so forth, I was surprised at how often ATS threads were linked on the first page of Google's results. I found this website on my own accord, and have since encountered it linked to a lot of really interesting and compelling research and theories. There are over 180,000 registered members here on ATS, over 7,000 have visited so far this week, and right now, there are over 400 users logged on, and it isn't even a very busy time for the internet. (People usually log on when they get off work, you know?) And none of this includes the amount of guests that are simply reading and not contributing. ATS may seem like just another message board, but I theorize that it's not as insignificant as you may think.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I really sincerely doubt this. ATS is a freaking circus only a bunch of complete morons would use this as a think tank.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join