It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make energy 0ut of the AIR

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Did you know that the air around you is so freckin full of signals crisscrossing crockin bigtime beasts' stockings' prizetags'Der Faun, Zee. What we all know theres energy, too much energy, they've got radio everywhere. My enemy is myself. # hikoffert? qwerty what'd say in wrench :|] might actually get through

If you've got atransistor radio or better receiver, you have an endless chain of energy! Honest, to my account.

[edit on 17/12/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

Please elaborate further. I think I get your point of there being energy there, but how do we harvest it?

More details and such will be needed.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I think he is talking about trying to harvest all the radio signals earth is bombarded with, both natural and man-made.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Did someone say Signals ?

OP please elaborate!

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

[editors fav
:|]I'm for cats in prison. Damn funny! Lol Att

Famis tuleinar..

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I new this guy from years ago that showed me this coil device he made that he could place next to a power company transformer up on some pole and it would steal electricity from it without any direction connection to it. Pretty cool. I don't recall how much power he was able to derive from it, but it was enough to power a lamp. I suppose there are enough signals in the air that they could be converted to a very low power source, but you would probably be able to derive much more energy from the Earths magnetic field than from the our artificial radio waves.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Old news. Researchers have been considering such a concept for a while. There was one plan to have people wear a suit coat that would collect such energy and use it to power low energy devices, such as cell phones. I believe problems with tuning the antennas and walking near power transmission lines when wearing the suit are still unresolved as is the small amount of power available.
As to stealing from the electric company by inductive coupling, it will get you fined, if caught, and it is exceptionally dangerous. Transients can spike the output and cause electrocutions and fires.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
I new this guy from years ago that showed me this coil device he made that he could place next to a power company transformer up on some pole and it would steal electricity from it without any direction connection to it. Pretty cool. I don't recall how much power he was able to derive from it, but it was enough to power a lamp. I suppose there are enough signals in the air that they could be converted to a very low power source, but you would probably be able to derive much more energy from the Earths magnetic field than from the our artificial radio waves.

Well, it depends on what you are trying to power. A house? As of now out of the question. A pocket pc? Now this would come in handy!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
You can forget radio signals..But -

Tesla, Greatest Scientist of all Time has proven there is an electric charge between the earth's crust and the upper atmosphere and he DID capture and Harness this electricity for use.

Tesla's car I think is most awesome. He took the motor out and put in a magnetic motor. He used a really long wire to capture electricity from the atmosphere to power the motor and run this car at 90 miles an hour indefinitely. This is like the same electricity you pull out of the air with a really large antenna.

On every large antenna on earth you can hook a voltmeter to it and measure the Free energy !

[edit on 18-12-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
There's also almost indefinite amount power in my cup of coffee. Would just need a way to harvest it. A portable fusion reactor would be nice.

Nevertheless, you are correct. And all that energy flowing through our bodies and fine nerve systems of brains.. If you could tune in, you'd be able to hear voices

(edit to add: Maybe some people are)

-v

[edit on 18-12-2009 by v01i0]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
A human has the capacity of a 120 volt battery at some serious amperes... However we use most of this energy to stay alive.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Radio signals can be turned into heat, amybe just a notch warmer than it's surroundings, but this temperature difference can be used to harvest the energy via membranes or turbines. Sound can become heat and moves air. Wind and siolar energies we know can be harvested easily, heat pumps you name it.... Why on earth not all houses and buildings are self sustained as for energy to heating and what else needs power, beats me....

[edit on 18/12/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic
Why on earth not all houses and buildings are self sustained as for energy to heating and what else needs power, beats me....

There may be other reasons, but one of the main reasons may be the difficulty to economically turn that energy into usable power (like electricity).

Or maybe it is merely an international conspiracy of energy giants of the world

Anyhow, you are correct. There is so much energy in movement and in matter. If I could extract the energy that is stored on my computer desk, I could run my computer for quite a while.

How about building nanosized kinetic energy rechargers and batteries in clothing? When walking or moving around, they would produce usable energy. Why not develop exercise bicycles that would generate energy while you exercise and lose weight? If we go extreme, we could fit nanosized wind power generators in our nostrils, how about that huh?

But if E=mc2 equation is valid, we should be looking heavy substances to turn into energy.

-v

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic
Why on earth not all houses and buildings are self sustained as for energy to heating and what else needs power, beats me....

There may be other reasons, but one of the main reasons may be the difficulty to economically turn that energy into usable power (like electricity).

from a single hole in the ground you could easily pull about 10 kW/h, taking advantage of how the temperature 200 meters down is a notch warmer than on the surface. With the cost of drilling the hole(s) and the equipment you'd need hm... you would win in the long run... No emissions, completely safe and you could take four hour showers with a clean concious....

[edit on 19/12/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

There's very little proof of most of Tesla's claimed inventors. It could just be that he was a nutter, making up all kinds of claims about what he could do. For such a great man, don't you think it's suspicious there's no trace of his work? Einstein was a brilliant man, too, and his works survive. Newton, as well.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Well, he did invent the radio and AC current. Where would we be today without it? He also managed to transfer electricity wirelessly in small scale. He was a nutter alright, but there's nothing more crazy than to dismiss an inventor because he is fruity.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Actually, that is not a bad idea. Maybe we should all become moles and drill our homes underground where there is natural warmth so the heating costs would disappear? We also would have decent bomb shelters right in our living room, provided that the roof wouldn't give up.

It is somewhat frustrating to live up here north, where the energycosts swallowed by mere heating are skyhigh

-v

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

It is said that many of Tesla's inventions were patented by others, more greedy persons (Edison comes into mind). Telsa died having virtually any wealth. It seems that he wasn't interested in personal wealth, but only about the common wealth.

-v

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod

Originally posted by Divinorumus

Well, it depends on what you are trying to power. A house? As of now out of the question. A pocket pc? Now this would come in handy!

Actually there was a guy who powered his whole house this way. He was caught and charged with theft. This is decades old and I dont see any references to it.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0
reply to post by davesidious

It is said that many of Tesla's inventions were patented by others, more greedy persons (Edison comes into mind). Telsa died having virtually any wealth. It seems that he wasn't interested in personal wealth, but only about the common wealth.

-v

Well, it didn't exactly help when CIA's predesessors stole all his notes, destroyed his workshop and prototypes and drugged him with some kind of substance that would force him to always circle buildings he was to enter a number of turns before he dared walk in etc. He was too dangerous and he was impossible to buy. If you have read the Art of War you'd know what to do with such a person....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join