It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran: Basij member describes election abuse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Iran: Basij member describes election abuse

www.channel4.com

A defecting member of the infamous Basij militia, the men who wounded and killed in the aftermath of the Iran elections in the summer, talks to Lindsey Hilsum about what he witnessed.

"I've lost my world and I've lost my religion" - the words of a former Iranian Basij militia member who says he witnessed killings and tried to stop rapes during the uprising that followed the disputed Presidential election in June.

After months of stories by witnesses and victims, we are now getting a picture
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
This is worth a read, and this testimomy helps to confirm the kinds of atrocities that have been committed in Iran to many thousands of victims whom some of them have already given their own testimony, and how the religious authorities & revolutionary guard commanders have manipulated the religious beliefs of their once loyal servants & soldiers into carrying out the most sick acts of violence towards their own people in the post-election turmoil.

Taking away women, children, students and abusing them is reminiscent of the methods that the Nazi's used, and these actions are still occurring with students taken away at student demonstrations at universities. Only less than 2 weeks ago another 200 were taken away or abducted. Arrested seems an innaccurate word to use, abduction is a more accurate description.

It is hardly surprising that the army and airforce are ready to protect the protestors, and hopefully more Basij will split and join forces against Khamenei and the revolutionary guards.

Since the coup d'etat regime knows the army would step in, that's probably all that's stopping them ordering the Basij to kill all protestors.

I wonder how many more of the defected basij's are living here in Britain.

Tomorrow is another big day for protests on the 18th, leading up to the end of December. It shall be an interesting few weeks to see what happens.

www.channel4.com (visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-12-2009 by john124]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
*delete*

[edit on 17-12-2009 by john124]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Outstanding another brilliant piece of unsubstantiated uncorroborated hearsay by a person looking to skirt immigration laws and be granted political asylum who admits that as an underling he and others widely interpreted things that weren’t said or ordered by Iranian officials as a license to imagine it was ok to do whatever they wanted and it would be well received by the regime.

Wow the Zionists are taking every page out of Hitler’s Handbook here to work these propaganda angles.

Nothing shocks or infuriates and frightens people like that Rape word.

Story should read “After months of failed propaganda to garner support for another Zionist War of aggression we now will now even make more incendiary unsubstantiated accusations in hopes that will work.”

The Mainstream Media’s manipulative attempts to create and exploit a Court of Public Opinion devoid of any corroborating facts are becoming farcical in its nonsense and desperation.

I wonder what they will invent next week in the propaganda machine “Ayatollah’s ripped unborn babies from their mother’s bellies with rusty butter knives!”

That ought to get them!

new topics

top topics

join