It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernanke person of the year?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The chairman of the fed just got chosen as Times person of the year. I think the MSM is just trying to influence the vote.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I'd say hes more like "The puppet of the year".

2nd line

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I'm nauseous already. Second line - @#@#$ bull!

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Maybe criminal of the year if there was such a thing but definitly not person of the year...LOL and to think there are still some people out there who dont belive the media is contolled...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I just saw that on the front page of CNN!

I don't know whether to throw up or wonder why SuperObama wasn't chosen. I mean he won the Nobel Peace Prize. Where's Bernanke's Nobel Prize for Economics? At least then it wouldn't be so...ugh.

Reeks of attempted influence.

I wonder what the international covers will show? If I were another nation and was showed that mug, I'd consider it an act of war.

[edit on 12/16/2009 by Sir Solomon]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
We are looking at everything from "OUR" perspective. IF you look at things from THEIR perspective i..e the filthy elitist scum i.e. bankers, CEOs etc then he most certainly is person of the year. THey are the ones that really run this country anyways and he allowed them to keep their grip on American society and the American economy. Otherwise things would have imploded and they would have lost control. So yeah in their eyes he is person of the year.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Well, Bernanke did make a Big impact on all Americans lives...

the Person-of-the-year, does not have to be someone we would emulate, nor are the impacts the person makes have to be good or beneficial or righteous...
All that is required is that the person made the most impact on the systems we live in.

Bernanke did in fact change the landscape of Amerika, he allowed the Elite banker class to enjoy their profits but to socialize their screw-ups and monetary losses.
Bernanke is continuing to build and support the Dollar-Carry-Trade.
Bernanke is permitting the continued creation of funny-paper Derivatives which remain unregulated, but underwritten by the taxpayer at 100% pay off
Bernanke, has- almost single handedly, changed the course of a once Capitalist driven economy into a fascist-corporateInvestment/Government elitist structure...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
well as we can see time is just another government media outlet. close runners up were nancy pelosi, and general mcchrystal. it is a big surprise it wasn't obama he loves to have his face every where

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
God I can't stand Nancy Pelosi. I mean seriously, how does someone like her get to where she is? Is she really that smart? I mean my god she is speaker of the house for crying out loud. I wonder how much nob she slobbed to get to where she is.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Thak you Bernanke. YOu saved us all by ruining us all for the future. (wait.... from what did you save us ?)

[edit on 16-12-2009 by piett]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Actually you have it exactly right, the person of the year is most definitely not the hero of the year in fact adolph hitler was the person of the year at one point. it simply discuss the most impactful individual of the year. If someone were to kill hundreds of thousands they would most likely be the person of the year.

Just because he was picked does not mean the accompanying article will be friendly, why don't you wait till you read it to start vomiting all over the place.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Just another inch tighter in the noose around Time magazine's credibility. Last year was Obama so next year should be George Soros

I put Time into the same circular file as Newsweek. They lost me years ago when the agenda's of the parent companies began to take precedent over legitimate and neutral research and reporting. Newsweek shouldn't even be allowed to use the term News in its title. They shifted their print focus to opinion and commentary back in 2008. No news, just biased opinion.

This is from Time

The story of the year was a weak economy that could have been much, much weaker. Thank the man who runs the Federal Reserve,

Read more: www.time.com...

I wish I could believe this next statement.

He wishes Americans understood that he helped save the irresponsible giants of Wall Street only to protect ordinary folks on Main Street.

Read more: www.time.com...

[edit on 16-12-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
The fact that this man is getting praised is amazing, TIME magazine lost alot of "credit" in my opinion. How could anyone in the population believe this man did anything good, he was one of the catalyst's for the fall, he has no idea where the bailout money went to.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
for me it really does confirm how history has been manipulated for a very long time and that if i was a worthy figure to receive an award i wouldn`t want to be suspected as being in bed with the devil.i wonder who`s next for an award,maybe gordon brown or al gore for saving the planet even john holdren for lifetime contributions to humanity,the irony amazes me

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I don't understand why ATS members assign an incorrect meaning to the Man of the Year (or Nobel Peace Prize) and then get their panties in such a knot because the person chosen doesn't meet THEIR criteria!

TIME has its OWN criteria. It's THEIR thing, so THEY get to say what it's about. Understand? I don't know if you know this (though you've been told many times), but the person of the year is:

... a man, woman, couple, group, idea, place, or machine that "for better or for worse, ...has done the most to influence the events of the year."

It doesn't mean someone everybody likes or someone that has accomplished great things. Or someone ATS members think is great. Sorry, you'll have to wait for the ATS magazine to come out and names their own member of the year.

Ben Bernanke has DEFINITELY done the most to influence the events of the year. FOR THE WORSE. He had the most influence over our lives this year. I don't think there's ANY question. He's not "being praised" or worthy of receiving an award. This is an embarrassment to him. He screwed up the most!

Source

[edit on 16-12-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Well I was just in shock. They say things happen in threes. Barack wins the Nobel, Bernanke wins Times person of the year award. What's next? Tiger Woods winning husband of the year award? Give me a break already.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Almost as meaningless as the Nobel Peace Prize. Absolutely no reason, as Benevolent Heretic wisely pointed out, to get all bent out of shape about this. We know what the truth, or our version of it, is. Our task, as citizens, is to do something about it.

Caterwauling about it on the interwebs isn't going to do a whole lot to rectify the situation. Actions, people, actions...

...and no, I'm not advocating armed rebellion...
. Though, as always, that remains an option of last resort.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
According to the CNN article:

He didn't just reshape U.S. monetary policy; he led an effort to save the world economy.

Good job buddy!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Caterwauling about it on the interwebs isn't going to do a whole lot to rectify the situation. Actions, people, actions...

Well it's a start. At least like minded people can gather here, share ideas and inform other people about stuff like this. It's gotta start somewhere, right? Why not on one of the biggest platforms. The dubya dubya dubya.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

As a start, it's fine...

But only as a start. All too often, it seems to me, that's where it stops. We fuss and fume, mutter and groan, about how god awful things, and certain individuals, are; yet when it comes time to try and help do something about it...

*POOF*

the litany of excuses begins...

"oh, it's all decided ahead of time." "My vote won't count." ...and a multitudinous chorus of other stupid excuses for not getting involved in the process.

If we, and I include myself, won't do anything, who the hell will? The press? Yeah, right. The politicians? Uh-huh, sure...

Now if the interwebs are a starting point for change than yes, I'm all for it, but if it's the beginning and the end, then what's the use of it?

<<   2  3 >>

join