It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Global warming conference goes on while it snows, lol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
So the big wigs are turning up tonight for the global warming conference, and it is starting to snow in copenhagen, lol.

Like 2 years ago in america, lol.

Thoughts and the irony again.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Wow, and last year here in North Dakota, there were 7 foot tall snowdrifts in my backyard (and no, this was not typical).
and then our summer temps (usu. 80-90's F) were lucky to make it out of the 50-70's.

And that's global warming??????

this is so ironic!!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LocoHombre

Wasn't it two years ago a big global warming conference in usa, and it snowed.

Yep your right on the temps too.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Actually the weather in Copenhagen has been quite mild so far this winter.

That, however, is about to change drastically:
5 day Copenhagen forecast

It actually looks like we might have a white Christmas this year, the first since 1995.

And the shift is right on cue too. The "Gore effect" strikes again

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Global warming doesn't mean it's not going to snow. Especially since it's a slow change. It's about the average rise of the global temperature which, in total, is about a degree in the last century or so. And some expect, if the trend continues, that it will raise another degree in the next century.

Also, 2 degrees might not sound like a lot but imagine what happens to your body when it raises only 2 degrees. You have a fever and it means your sick and fighting off an infection. Our bodies have our own built in environmental controls and so does the Earth, those mere 2 degrees can wreak a lot of havoc. Maybe not catastrophic but it definitely won't go unnoticed.

But, the Earth has been warming since the end of the last ice age and may continue to do so until we enter the next one. It has been said that the global temp has risen 16 degrees since the end of the ice age. And it still snows every year.

I'm sure you guys knew most of that and are maybe just being a little facetious.

Here's a great site to give you more info: www.geocraft.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

We know...

...ever heard of a thing called irony?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I like your description of the Earth's climate and its changes and the effects caused as an organism. However, you failed to mention a very, very important thing that all organisms have... defense mechanisms. Fight or flight, survival, roll up into a ball, shoot out smelly liquids/acid, it doesn't really matter what organism we are talking about here, they all have them and I would like to think that the Earth does too.

The Earth will always be able to fix itself, short of nuclear apocalypse there isn't a whole lot humans can do to the Earth that it can't fix in a few thousand years tops. The whole climate change debate isn't about saving the planet or other such silly egoistic ideas such as this, it's about saving our sorry asses. If we screw up the environment we live in, its not the planet that's gonna pay for it, it's us. I mean Gods, even my dog knows not to s**t where it eats and sleeps. How did we manage to forget that one... oh thats right. The corporations forgot it for us, on behalf of the people.

One other important factor that organisms maintain is homeostasis. The very same thing that is unbalanced if you are sick or injured, and the Earth has one too. Except it's is...the climate!

NEXUS

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I can half explain why the world is cooling not warming , but I need to start a thread for that. Anyway , oh the irony , they deserve it for being lazy

new topics

top topics

join