It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones Turns down 5 million Dollars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
12/15/09

Alex Jones was offered 5 million dollars from Universal Pictures for all of his movies so they could repackage them and then place them in stores.

Alex turned down the offer because if he sold out he would not be able to still give out his movies for free.

I haven't found the document for this yet but I don't think that Alex Jones would lie. Please post if you find anymore information out about this.

I think its funny people said he is only cashing in and doesn't actually believe in a new world order.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I dunno if I believe this story. First of all, who the hell turns down 5 million dollars?!? Second, his movies would probably reach more people if they were packaged and sold all over the world. And, you can still find any movie for free if you look around regardless if it is being sold or not.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by hikix

there are people that would turn down money, money is your god and alex jones god.

Jones is rich already what does he need that much more. Whether he is lying or not, he is wealthy already.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I absolutely think Jones would lie. He's a sensationalist to the extreme and his site has so many "OMG EMERGENCY" styled banners flooding it, it's like Foxnews2.com.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Jones comes off to me the same way as Rush Limbaugh,
just standing on the opposing side.

I can see Jones lying about this without a doubt.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I think, and this is of course my personal opinion, is that the best question to ask in regards to Alex Jones and this offer is:

Who cares?

I personally think he is just another roadside attraction for the dissatisfied masses and is hardly anything worthy of a shred of real and honest consideration.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
I dunno if I believe this story. First of all, who the hell turns down 5 million dollars?!? Second, his movies would probably reach more people if they were packaged and sold all over the world. And, you can still find any movie for free if you look around regardless if it is being sold or not.

1)If you are already worth millions, its a lot easier to turn down millions.
2)There is a stigma with selling 'conspiracy theory' material that usual hurts the credibility of those behind the material.
3)If his movies were owned by mass media, its more likely that distribution would go down, not up.
4)You can find movies for free if you look hard enough, ut not legally. This allows him to keep LEGALLY distributing his movies for free.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The guy's full of hot air anyway. It's kind of a non-story.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I clicked on this thread thinking
"Please dont let the source be Alex Jones"

I guess I wasn't surprised. Don't get me wrong some of the info he gives out is excellent however I don't get why, with the world in such dire circumstances as he portrays it is, he needs to come out with a statement like..

"I turned down 5 Million to sell my videos".

Well done Alex (pats back, rubs belly)

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Why would a guy turn down $5 million? Because by doing so it adds a false sense of "credibility" to his work. After all, if he was in it just for the money -- of course he would sell-out. Right?

Now, he's probably just gambling that he can make more than $5M by standing behind his work and reputation and frankly, if it doesn't work, he figures he can go back later and sell them as a package then. I'm sure the figure will drop from $5M, but maybe not or maybe not by much.

And by the number of posts that claim he should now be believed, simply by the claim that he has turned down this money, I see it's working.

Just my opinion looking at it from a marketing standpoint.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Alex Jones is a funny one, see, on the one hand, his sites are informative regarding NWO stuff and what have you, and it`s good to keep on top of what TBTB are doing, but, on the other hand, jeeez, you can find yourself shaking with fear after looking through his stuff.

There is no solution to humanity`s apparent impending doom offered.
Long story short, if you buy into AJ`s stuff, it keeps you (well, me certainly) in the low vibration, as if there wasn`t enough of that being pushed from the "reputable" media.

I know that at least being aware of the treachery in the world is one step above submitting unwittingly to it, but I really think if AJ is to truly be of service to humanity there should certainly be a spiritual element to his sites, otherwise, your`e only opening yourself up to a living nightmare.

David Wilcock for example, although I`m not 100% sure if he is genuine or an elaborate psy-ops plot, at least covers the bad stuff, but also has a wonderfully beautiful message behind it too.

Regarding AJ allegedly turning down 5m, well, if he took the money, the distribution could be pretty much halted, so if he really did turn it down, I do think it was very noble of him.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

Who is the source on this, Alex Jones?

I call complete BS on this one

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
He's probably over exaggerating the numbers, but I don't doubt he has been approached with a large sum of money.

Alex is doing well for himself right now, and he knows information getting out is the most important objective right now. If he sticks to his guns like he's been preaching for years every day then he will get there without Universal.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tgautier13
He's probably over exaggerating the numbers, but I don't doubt he has been approached with a large sum of money.

THIS.

Also - I talked to the Loose Change guys personally right after Final Cut was shown in selected theaters - and asked them what went wrong with the Mark Cuban partnership.

They made it quite clear that they lost ALL rights and control over their work if they had accepted the funding - and that they could easily be legally forced to be silent about their own work - with their movies shelved and pulled DMCA style off the web - if they agreed to the lucrative offer.

They said it was a no brainer - and I agree - some things are worth more than just money - and like other have said - their good reputation alone can generate revenue streams to support their future works and research.

It never amazes me how many would sell their soul for a little comfort - even here on ATS...

[edit on 15-12-2009 by TruthMagnet]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
12/15/09

Alex Jones was offered 5 million dollars from Universal Pictures for all of his movies so they could repackage them and then place them in stores.

Alex turned down the offer because if he sold out he would not be able to still give out his movies for free.

I haven't found the document for this yet but I don't think that Alex Jones would lie. Please post if you find anymore information out about this.

I think its funny people said he is only cashing in and doesn't actually believe in a new world order.

He refused because he didn't want the mass of America's population to become aware of the NWO and the Obama deception.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by GrandKitaro777]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Is Alex Jones REALLY worth millions and millions of dollars? Where is the backup to this information anyway?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
5 millions of worthless US dollars, who wants that?

Anyway money is not all in life, most of the posters here seems to not understand that.

The british would have given eleventy brazillions to George Washington and he would have refused it.

You're a sell out or you're not, there's no in-betweens.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The real story, if anything of this is even true, is that Jones was approached about a deal. He probably had in mind or even suggested the $5 million figure. Negotiation broke down, likely over the amount. He stopped communicating with them.

The story is told how he turned down $5 million.

This kind of story circulates all the time.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
Is Alex Jones REALLY worth millions and millions of dollars? Where is the backup to this information anyway?

Well he has repeatedly been able to generate over $200,000 in a single day moneybomb event.

Add to that his nationally syndicated radio show - and he is EASILY worth millions of dollars to "the entertainment biz"

I am sure he is worth more than that to The Fed to just keep him quiet.

(they print the money - so it's nothing to them to pay him off - but they would have to do it smart to trap him)

I am sure the Coast to Coast show is a valued asset as well - though Alex has more presence across multiple media.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Pretty easy to find out if it is true or not. Funny how everyone just expects him to lie.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join