It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway spiral - Russia accepts blame even though Norway may have been responsible ! !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+224 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Five days ago, an unprecedented atmospheric anomaly was observed in the skies above Norway.
Initial reports as to the cause were varied but eventually mainstream opinion appeared to favour the Russian malfunctioning missile scenario. Initially disavowing any knowledge of the cause of the effect, Russia eventually accepted responsibility and admitted that the spiral effect was a direct result of the malfunction.

On the surface, this seems to have satisfied the majority of people and already this marvelous event is fading into memory.
But for those who aren't satisfied with such glib and superfluous "explanations" and prefer to dig deeper, I offer the following alternative scenario ...

Let's do a simple analysis to see if the "malfunctioning missile" scenario can possibly be debunked ....

Looking at the following image, the nominal flight path of the Bulava missile when launched from the White Sea area would have placed it almost immediately on a north-east trajectory, following a great circle route to it's intended impact point in the Kamchatka penninsula, approximately 5,500 kms distant.
And yet for the missile to be so clearly visible in the Norwegian sky, implies that the missiles guidance system must have almost immediately failed and changed it's path to a north-westerly direction, almost a 90 degree shift in direction ... and headed instead towards Norway !
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e2768db2f6bd.jpg[/atsimg]

Based on the following image, it is clear that if the spiral was the result of a failed missile test and was visible from Norway, then it should also have been clearly visible from both Sweden and Finland which both would have been within the missiles flight trajectory - yet corroborating eye witness reports from either of these countries is almost non-existent. Virtually every report and image originates from Norway alone, implying that the spiral display (irrespective of the source) must have occurred at a very low altitude if only visible from Norway.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d30f661d48e2.jpg[/atsimg]

Now lets determine whether I'm justified in stating that the spiral display occured at a very low altitude which is not commensurate with the proposed mainstream conclusion that it was the result of a failed Russian Bulava missile test.

Firstly, lets take a look at the Bulava's specifications:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/178a40aed8fa.jpg[/atsimg]
Not mentioned is that the Bulava has an apogee of 1,000 kms which is achieved after the successful burn of all 3 stages.

We are now being told that this particular Bulava test failed because of problems associated with the third stage burn. Now this implies that until the 3rd stage problems, that the 1st and 2nd stages completed their burns nominally which should have lifted the Bulava to an altitude of at least 500 kms.
But here we have a major stumbling block in our acceptance that the spiral was a direct result of the missile failure.
If the spiral was mainly observed only from Norway, that implies that the missile was already off course shortly after launching and heading in a radically wrong direction and would cross at least 3 sovereign countries of Finland, Sweden and Norway. It also implies that the missile never reached any appreciable altitude otherwise the spiral effect would have been visible over a vast geographical area and not just Norway. The immediate question to be asked is why the missile was allowed to complete a 1st and 2nd stage burn and not terminated immediately a deviation was noticed ... with the potential horrendous political repercussions should it come down in one of those 3 countries, especially Norway !
It's common knowledge that all previous Bulava tests that had inflight malfunctions were immediately terminated ... and yet this one doesn't appear to have been.
So why have Norway, Sweden and Finland remained completely silent on the entire matter instead of raising a political #-storm over Russia test firing flawed missiles through their air space ?

Now lets take a look at whats been stated to be proof of a Russian missile launch on that day ... namely the visible exhaust trail.
In the following images, you can clearly see on the horizon what appears to be an exhaust trail and has been taken as evidence of a missile launch ... in this case the launch of a Bulava missile on 9 December.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/159703980bc9.jpg[/atsimg]

Now take a look at the following image that illustrates the "distance to the horizon" calculation.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3411ec7b680f.jpg[/atsimg]
For someone of average height standing at sea level, the distance to the horizon is approximately 5 kms.

Let's use the above calculation and rearrange it so that instead of determining the distance to the horizon, we use it instead to calculate the height.

Now, the distance from Tromso, Norway to the White Sea is approximately 800 kms. Plugging this value into the rearranged equation tells us that to be able to see the "exhaust plume" created at the White Sea from a distance of 800 kms, that the height of the plume will need to extend an incredible 40 kms into the upper atmosphere. If that wasn't bad enough, to be able to visually see that plume, it would imply that the exhaust plume had a width in excess of 10 kilometres !!
A height of 40 kms and a width greater than 10 kms ... all from the launch of a single missile ... thats equivalent to the exhaust plume from a shuttle launched in Cape Canaveral being seen 800 kms away in North Carolina ... somehow I don't think so !!!!

So, as has been shown, it doesn't take much analysis to arrive at the conclusion that whatever was responsible for the spiral effect above Norway, it could NOT have been the result of a failed Russian missile test ending in a spectacular fashion in the airspace above Norway.

Well, if a missile test could NOT have been responsible for the spiral display in the sky, what other options or possibilities would make more logical sense ?

Continued next post ...

+32 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Continued from previous post ...

The images from Tromso show the "exhaust plume" clearly as extending skywards from behind a range of hills. The width and clearly visible details of the plume give all appearances of the originating cause being reasonably close by ... and not originating 800 kms away. other images also show the spiral being linked to the "exhaust plume" by way of a blue glowing region.

Ok, lets return to that so-called "exhaust plume" visible on the horizon and rework a few simple calculations.

If we make the reasonable assumption (based on visible structure and details of the exhaust) that in fact, the origin of the exhaust is approximately at a distance commensurate with the horizon (or perhaps just over), then the horizon calculations give us a distance from Tromso to the exhaust plume location of approximately 5 - 15 kms.

Therefore, the origin of the exhaust and blue beam effect apparently is somewhere between the low hills and the easterly horizon.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5187973d198e.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cae13db441b9.jpg[/atsimg]

Now, keeping the above images and the direction of sunrise, in mind ...

This image shows the view from Tronso Havn on the morning of 9 December at approx. 7:50 am. It is oriented to match the direction of sunrise as in the previous 2 images.
Note the 2 points indicated as (A) and (B).
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8daf39c7a7b3.jpg[/atsimg]

The next image is the same as the image above but in daylight and at higher altitude. It shows Tronso and Tronso Havn.
Location (A) is on the waters edge as in the 2 actual photos shown just above.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/70d00f0e2ca2.jpg[/atsimg]

This image shows what the mysterious location (B) represents ... no other than the (in)famous EISCAT system located at Ramfjordmoen (near Tromso) which functions as an ionospheric heater facility... similar to HAARP.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef6e655822e3.jpg[/atsimg]

So what we're seeing in the following photo is NOT an atmospheric effect created by a malfunctioning Russian ballistic missile but rather an atmospheric effect that I believe to originate with EISCAT.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5187973d198e.jpg[/atsimg]

In other words, Russia was NOT responsible for the spiral effect ... the responsible party was actually NORWAY !!!

So in summary, I hope that i have put forward a reasonable case to show that the prevalent Russian failed missile scenario could NOT possibly have generated the observed spiral effect.
I have shown that the alleged exhaust plume attributed to the missile launch could NOT possibly be seen 800 kms away in Tromso, Norway.
I have shown that the spiral effect was in all actuality a very low altitude atmospheric phenomenon and attributing it to a malfunctioning missile crossing Finnish, Swedish and Norwegian airspace is extremely implausible.
I have shown that the exhaust plume rather than being located 800kms distant, was most likely less than 20 kms from the majority of the reported sighting.
I have shown that an alternative, and more likely, candidate is in fact the EISCAT ionospheric facility located approximately 15kms from the photos taken at Tromso Havn and fits in extremely well with the visual evidence.

This would also explain the uncharacteristic silence from the Norwegian government regarding the encroachment of their sovereign territory and airspace by a malfunctioning Russian missile.

Except for one detail, everything seems to fall into place reasonably well as an explanation of how the events of 9 December transpired.

The one remaining detail that is unclear is why the Russian government would accept blame and take responsibility for the spiral effect that they couldn't possibly have caused ... but irrespective, I'm sure that there IS a reason !!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Nice thread! S&F
Better then the normal silly banter I have been reading about it.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

S&F To bring this to attention.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RjKon

S&F To bring this to attention.

I agree, excellent presentation.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Wow !!! Great Post !!! Great Work !!! S&F !!!

I was initially of the belief that we were witnessing the testing or operation of some sort of wormhole/quantum transportation device...of course, I had nothing to back my theory up...it was mainly due to the strange "black hole/halo" that developed at the end of the sequence.

Based upon your reasoning, I now believe that your EISCAT/HAARP theory is probably correct.

Thanks again !!!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
star and fallged i think

Well done.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Great job
The first thing that came to my mind when I first saw the photos was HAARP. I didn't know anything about EISCAT until I read it about it from another post. Now I am almost convinced from your evidence that it was HAARP/EISCAT.

How many of these places are there around the world ? They are going to keep messing around until they really F-something up.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacecase7717
Great job
The first thing that came to my mind when I first saw the photos was HAARP. I didn't know anything about EISCAT until I read it about it from another post. Now I am almost convinced from your evidence that it was HAARP/EISCAT.

How many of these places are there around the world ? They are going to keep messing around until they really F-something up.

I completely agree with you !

But what really gets me so pee'd off is the attitude that governments take when the citizenry takes notice and expresses an opinion on what's happening around and to them ... it's basically a condescending attitude where they've long convinced themselves that WE don't need to be told ANYTHING and that they can fob us off and distract us from the issues at hand with nothing more than the lamest excuses imaginable ... this "failed missile" crap is yet another pathetic excuse to keep us all in the dark.

I personally don't have the foggiest notion of what that spiral display was all about but without being told anything, I know damn well that someone is messing around with some incredible technology and power ... for the better ? who can say ....

And the fact that the Russians are willing to put their "missile" reputations on the line, take the heat for this sky extravaganza and deliberately make their missile program look bad in the eyes of the world tells me something HUGE occurred in the sky's of Norway last week !

[edit on 14/12/09 by tauristercus]

[edit on 14/12/09 by tauristercus]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Great points
I thought something along those lines too from the very begining, but I'm not really into math to do the counting - it's logics that defy the rocket explanation, really.

Oh, and I'd like to ask you guys for a source where Russian officials admit that lights in Norway are because of failed Bulava launch.. All I saw was that they admit that the launch took place at that time and then failed. Thanks

also, for additional info, the near mountain we see in those photos is called Nordfjellet, and is about 620 meters high. I wonder if that could change the angle above the horizon, the altitude of the trail/spiral and the distance to those "exhaust plumes" that are lighted up. The photos are taken at near sea level I guess.

More from ATS member Acharya:

Originally posted by Acharya
This video is filmed 54 miles NE from Tromsø at a place called Skjærvøy. As you can see it films the phenomenon slightly more from the side. Anyone good at math can use these two videos to pinpoint the excact location of the phenomenon both in height, position, and size. Anyone take the challenge?

Skjærvøy video

Skjærvøy placed on a map

And this:

Originally posted by Libertygal

www.eiscat.se...

Meteor Dust studies with VHF and Heater
TEQUILAsunrise (Transient Effects Quantification Under Ionospheric Low Angle sunrise). The idea is to
look at the polar wintertime mesophere through the transient
caused by (scattered) sunrise around 8 UT. Interestingly, this happens to
be the maximum occurence time of the Polar Mesosphere Winter Echoes (PMWE).

VHF: TEQUILA 2009 12 09 0700 - 2009 12 09 1000
Scheduled for 0700-1000

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
What's the bet that whoever was responsible for that incredible technological display we were (inadvertently ?) treated to last week, would most likely be in line for a nobel prize in physics ... if only it wasn't so shrouded in the utmost secrecy and total deniability !

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Great job on this one!

Haven't been keeping up to much with it after their were some topics about it being a Russian missile; but after this it has rekindled my interest in this event a bit more.

Star and Flag from me

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gigantea Rosa
Great job on this one!

Haven't been keeping up to much with it after their were some topics about it being a Russian missile; but after this it has rekindled my interest in this event a bit more.

Star and Flag from me

Many thanks

I think we seriously need to start looking at this as an unintentional (and embarrassing from TPTB point of view) display of some incredibly advanced technology.
Irrespective about how we've been spoon fed "official deniability" of the power available to these HAARP type of devices and how "harmless" they are to the atmosphere ... I think that we've all now been witness to the fact that they CAN and DO have the capability to alter/modify the atmosphere in unusual ways.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Couldn't agree more. I have been saying all along that if a Russian missile failure did occur, then it was a separate event from the spiral in Norway. And that seems to be the case. S&F.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal
Couldn't agree more. I have been saying all along that if a Russian missile failure did occur, then it was a separate event from the spiral in Norway. And that seems to be the case. S&F.

Absolutely .... I'm not denying that the Russians tested a missile on that day and that it failed (yet again !) ... could be that this became a very convenient scapegoat to take the heat of the Norwegians themselves.

But if that's the case AND if the Russians are officially accepting blame/responsibility ... then it makes you wonder what's in all this for the Russians and how they stand to benefit.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Irrelevant of it's validity, an excellent post. I'm still on the fence on this one, but it could just be my inner want for a more fantastic explaination than realism. Phage'll be in later, I'll be interested to see his take on your work.

Star and flag for you my good man, as I said, excellent post.

Sendran.

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Oh nos, someone did the math!

Maybe Phage and his/her groupies forgot the earth is round or something when they went with the "haywire rocket" theory? Or maybe forgot where Russia is compared to Norway?

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Great thread!

Just goes to show that the ATS resident "experts" are:

A- Not as smart as they portray themselves to be.

B-Spreading disinfo on purpose.

Great job!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Starred and flagged.
Excellence.
This is why I come here.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Your analysis makes a lot of sense. I'm just wondering why such an event was conducted where people could see it. Could they have done this by accident? Could this actually be some sort of occurrence that was out of the hands of human beings on this planet? Just something I've thought about with no real answer to.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join