It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panty Hose and Mudbugs/crawdads YUMMY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Every year, at least one person makes a joke about the panty hose I take on the river for a weekend floating.
That is until, that person gets to eat or see the rewards, and then ask if its still funny and listen to his tummy growl..

Get the biggest momma XXX-large full leggings and but.

take a small amount of old liver with you "I keep it in an old aspirin botttle"

Put a large/heavy smooth rock in each foot,.
put little bittty tiny pieces of liver inside the leggings spaced about every 4-6 inchs.

Do this all the way up to the rear and place one more large smooth rock in the buttocks.

Place this at the edge of shelf rock and /or a waste deep slow moving current.

Now go away, find something to do....OH build a fire...your gonna need it!
After an hour or three passes, retrieve the bloomers.
There will be a large # of crawdads hung up in the stockings,they cant get loose from the mesh, after trying to get to the liver..

Next part, take about a 1/4 cup O corn meal, and a little fresh water and the mudbugs and put it all in a bucket...wait 4-6 hours...They eat the corn meal.
This is to clean out the poop shoot tube and puts breading on the inside too!

Now a little bacon grease and flash fry-em or you can grill them or boile-em.

Now I know ppl that will turn their noses at this, but whats better than fresh water lobster!
Not to mention you save a dozen or two for limblines and other fishing/traps/snares..

Goes great with a lil home made mullberry wine.

And if you drink too much wine someone always ends up with a panty on their head.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Don't forget to suck the heads!

Les Bon Temps Roule

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
That's a keeper! Thanks!

I used to make one out of a wire coat hanger and a t-shirt, with liver as bait. but your idea is one I will definitely use!

[edit on 13/12/09 by PSUSA]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Awesome advice, thanks for sharing.

Been running limb lines for years, it is the best way to fish a creek IMO. Never tried the crawdad trap before.

Sounds like fun.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

As an avid fisherman and New Orleanian who Loves Mudbugs I say Awesome Post!

However, if you can.. bring with you a pot, some crab boil, lots of onions some corn and some garlic and a little salt. Salt water bring to boil with crab boil, corn and onions and chopped up garlic add mudbugs after this boils for about 30 minutes, let crawdads sit in this for about 20 minutes then serve,

Now you have Crawdads Hot and Spice Cajun New Orleans style! Don't forget to pinch the tails and suck the heads! Yum!

Now I know you may not be able to do all this in a survival setting so I suggest you try this any ole weekend with about 15 to 20 lbs of crawfish (make it a Large pot), have some friends over, some beer and football. Enjoy!

new topics

top topics

join