It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid Destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, not God

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
According to the Bible, the men of Sodom were such sinners against the Lord, He decided to destroy them. God allowed Lot, the one good man living there, to flee the town with his family, before God showed his wrath. But Lots wife disobeyed Gods warning not to look back towards Sodom as she fled, and she was turned into a pillar of salt, where she stood.

A clay tablet that has baffled scientists for 150 years has been identified as a witnesss account of the asteroid suspected of being behind the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. Researchers who cracked the cuneiform symbols on the Planisphere tablet believe that it recorded an asteroid thought to have been more than half a mile across.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/858181c15b2b.jpg[/atsimg]

Tall salt formations near the dead sea look like people from far away and could have easily been mistaken for a person back then, like this one below.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/821b122d6284.jpg[/atsimg]

He referred to the asteroid as a "white stone bowl approaching" and recorded it as it "vigorously swept along." Something like this?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d3d777dcab51.jpg[/atsimg]

Using computers to recreate the night sky thousands of years ago, scientists have pinpointed his sighting to shortly before dawn on June 29 in the year 3123 B.C. Around the same soddom and gommorah were destroyed by "god".

I was watching this on discovery and had to share with you guys.

It is my firm belief bible stories are just ideologies of natural events that seemed strange to the people of the time.

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
So, if I understand you correctly, an asteroid is not from God. Right? I don't see the difference, one way or the other, being an asteroid or a gas explosion or maybe a volcano. Some sort of natural event destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, I suppose. God, being in charge of the natural events (opening the Red Sea, walking on water, etc) can do pretty much anything He wants anytime He wants, right?

Thanks for sharing the story. It is great to see more and more information coming to us from the past. There are probably thousands of records yet untranslated from the distant past.

[edit on 12/12/2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Who but God has the power to change the course of an asteroid?
Who but God has the power to set it's course?
Who but God created all things and set them in motion?
I have heard stories of no other.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Its very possible God used an asteroid to destroy them.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Asteroids come from space... not from god!

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Well others tend to believe that the world we live in is in its 4th cycle now so maybe the old civilization viped itself out with the hydrogen bomb.

Well that´s maybe not a to good explanation if one is religious and believe earth was created 6000 years ago.

But it´s good enough för me to understand that one has to learn from history. Most of our history is there right in front of you, all one have to do is open yer eye & close the other two cause they decieve you.

Have you read the Mahabharata? Anyone?

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I have a question, if it was an asteroid that destroyed the cities of Sodom and Gamorrah would there not be some sort of crater in that area of the world?
The volcano explination makes sense as there is alot of sulpher in that area, and an volcanic explosion reigning debris down on both cities would do the same thing, yet there would not be a massive crator and it would explain why both cites were buried.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by m4ng4n
Well others tend to believe that the world we live in is in its 4th cycle now so maybe the old civilization viped itself out with the hydrogen bomb.

Well that´s maybe not a to good explanation if one is religious and believe earth was created 6000 years ago.

But it´s good enough för me to understand that one has to learn from history. Most of our history is there right in front of you, all one have to do is open yer eye & close the other two cause they decieve you.

nothing you said has anything to do with the topic. Thank you come again.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by m4ng4n

I agree with you, M4ng4n - well said. No, I am not familiar with Mahabharata.. should I be?? Always looking for more to read.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
I have a question, if it was an asteroid that destroyed the cities of Sodom and Gamorrah would there not be some sort of crater in that area of the world?
The volcano explination makes sense as there is alot of sulpher in that area, and an volcanic explosion reigning debris down on both cities would do the same thing, yet there would not be a massive crator and it would explain why both cites were buried.

it was not the asteroid itself that destroyed the cities but the fallout from the asteroid described as glowing brimstone falling from the sky.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Kinda like the Blue Beam Spiral...If we did not know it was a Rocket in 100 years people might think it was something supernatural.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I was going to write something similar but you took the words right out of my mouth...and then some!!! Only God has the power to do this and it is clear as to why God did this as it is written in the Bible.

LifENcircleS

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak

Originally posted by sdcigarpig

it was not the asteroid itself that destroyed the cities but the fallout from the asteroid described as glowing brimstone falling from the sky.

But there would still be craters/evidence of such, to include stuff in the dirt, not just the cities buried.
And my understanding of brimstone would also have a high sulpher smell as well.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
What I´m saying is that many phenomenon and vipeouts of old civilizations is claimed to be the doings of asteroids.

I have another perspective and so does millions of people in India and other places around the world.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Yes! Yes! I am with you on this one. There was a thread about a month ago with the hypothesis of ancient nuclear war destroying the 2 cities....but I agree this is MUCH more believable....They thought God sent the asteroid, simple as that.

S/F

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I, myself believe the Biblical account, however... if your hypothesis is correct, then other cities and regions should have suffered equally as well, since an asteroid that size would be devestating across the region and continent. Were ther others from that same period as sodom and gommorah?

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

lol look at your statement..space created the asteroid lol?...God created all things..also, in the bible they arent going to use the word asteroid..you have to think..they had limited language back then..i have always assumed God destroyed sodom and gomorrah with an asteroid or meteors..it makes sense..thanks for strengthening my faith lol..

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by resonance

lol look at your statement..space created the asteroid lol?...God created all things..also, in the bible they arent going to use the word asteroid..you have to think..they had limited language back then..i have always assumed God destroyed sodom and gomorrah with an asteroid or meteors..it makes sense..thanks for strengthening my faith lol..

I never said space created the asteroid I said the asteroid came from space. Please read carefully before saying something that makes no sense.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Who said the asteroid changed course? And if it did, who's to say that it wasn't deflected by another piece of space debris? That's Physics 101 by the way....

Gravity, collisions with other space debris, solar flares - maybe even a combination of all.

Physics and the Laws of Motion in Space.

Then you need to open your eyes

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join