It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla: "We Have a Message from Another World."

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Nikola Tesla, as far back as 1899, was playing with his magnifying transmitter. He received a signal of patterns, what he called 'counting codes.' This was in fact the first cosmic radio signal ever detected. He believed it was either from Venus or Mars, and that he was the first to receive a message from another civilization.

The Red Cross proceeded to ask him what will mankind's greatest achievement be in the 21st Century. Can you guess what he said? Read the transcript below:

Transcript

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fc1c0f61dead.png[/atsimg]

To the American Red Cross, New York City. The retrospect is glorious, the prospect inspiring: Much might be said of both. But one idea dominates my mind. This - my best, my dearest - is for your noble cause. I have observed electrical actions, which have appeared inexplicable. Faint and uncertain though they were, they have given me a deep conviction and foreknowledge that are ere long all human beings on this globe, as one, will turn their eyes to the firmament above, with feelings of love and reverence, thrilled by the glad news: "Brethren! We have a message from another world, unknown and remote. It reads: one… two… three…"

Christmas 1900

Nikola Tesla

Source

For more on this subject, I recall two cases:

Here's another related story to receiving patterned messages from space:
see the "Wow!" Signal

A crop circle diagram "responded"to the Arecibo radio message sent out to deep space, although there are still doubts to its authenticity.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by bananasam]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bananasam
The Red Cross proceeded to ask him what will mankind's greatest achievement be in the 21st Century. Can you guess what he said? Read the transcript below:

The Red Cross asked him what he thinks mankinds greatest acheivement will be.

In response he said that we will receive a message from another world stating, "one, two, three"?

So this title mislead me. Tesla didn't get a message. He predicts we will get one in the 21st century.

Cool.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I seem to remember that Tesla did recieve what he believed to be a message from the cosmos-Although if I remember correctly it may have been a pulsar,which at the time had not been detected before.

the inimitable Nikola Tesla observed a series of unusual rhythmic signals which he described as 'counting codes'. Having just detected cosmic radio signals for the first time, Tesla immediately believed them to be attempted communications from an intelligent life-form on either Venus or Mars, and later said of the experience, 'The feeling is constantly growing on me that I had been the first to hear the greeting of one planet to another'.

www.lettersofnote.com...

The "rhythmic signals" sound like a possible pulsar,which in itself is pretty amazing-something else Tesla discovered,without realising it!

At the time a rhythmic signal may well have appeared to have come from an intelligent source,although Tesla almost hit the nail on the head when he wrote that he was "the first to hear the greeting of one planet to another."

What a guy.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I think he picked up signals from an intelligent world.

cosmic radio waves would not be picked up as the signal one , two , three.
Tesla is saying he got a signal from another world ; it is a sequential signal of increasing digits. That's not the same kind of signal that radiates off of stars or supernovas(at least I don't think it is)

The WOW signal is pretty interesting stuff.

Tesla was suggesting that we would all have contact at some point in the 21st century based on the signal he received.
Supposing it did come from another world ; and suppose the WOW signal did too.
These signals could come from worlds as equally marrooned on their own planet as we are; incapable of doing anything more than flying up to their own moon or sending signals into space.
Imagine the bittersweetness of communicating with another world of humans only to find out it takes 100 years to send each and every cosmic email with our primitive equipment and that we will not be able to see each other until another 800 years when we have the craft that are capable.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
So, in summary, he "observed electrical actions", in which he couldn't explain. He believed that they might have been a "message from another world". I guess its up to the reader to determine that its either alien message, or just detected radio waves. So when the Red Cross asked what mankinds greatest acheivement will be, he wrote the transcript.

Eureka.

Even Tesla was looking for life in space, by accident or on purpose, just as 1000's of people before him.

Neat-o.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Anyone know about what time of day he picked up this signal, what he was using, and where it was pointed? That info may not be documented but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Thanx in advance MH

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMadHatter

Heres the where and when at least:

In 1899, Nikola Tesla, with the aid of his financial backer, J.P. Morgan, set up at Colorado Springs an experimental laboratory containing high-voltage, radio transmission equipment. The lab had a 200 ft. tower for transmission and reception of radio waves and the best receiving equipment available at the time. One night, when he was alone in the laboratory, Tesla observed what he cautiously referred to as electrical actions which definitely appeared to be intelligent signals. The changes were taking place periodically and with such a clear suggestion of number and order that they could not be traced to any cause then known to him. Tesla elaborated on the subject of Talking with the Planets in Collier’s Weekly (March 1901):
"As I was improving my machines for the production of intense electrical actions, I was also perfecting the means for observing feeble efforts. One of the most interesting results and also one of great practical importance, was the development of certain contrivances for indicating at a distance of many hundred miles an approaching storm, its direction, speed and distance traveled. "It was in carrying on this work that for the first time I discovered those mysterious effects which have elicited such unusual interest. I had perfected the apparatus referred to so far that from my laboratory in the Colorado mountains I could feel the pulse of the lobe, as it were, noting every electrical change that occurred within a radius of eleven hundred miles.
"I can never forget the first sensations I experienced when it dawned upon me that I had observed something possibly of incalculable consequences to mankind. I felt as though I were present at the birth of a new knowledge or the revelation of a great truth. My first observations positively terrified me as there was present in them something mysterious, not to say supernatural, and I was alone in my laboratory at night; but at that time the idea of these disturbances being intelligently controlled signals did not yet present itself to me.“ "The changes I noted were taking place periodically and with such a clear suggestion of number and order that they were not traceable to any cause known to me. I was familiar, of course, with such electrical disturbances as are produced by the sun, Aurora Borealis, and earth currents, and I was as sure as I could be of any fact that these variations were due to none of these causes.“
"The nature of my experiments precluded the possibility of the changes being produced by atmospheric disturbances, as has been rashly asserted by some. It was sometime afterward when the thought flashed upon my mind that the disturbances I had observed might be due to an intelligent control.
"Although I could not at the time decipher their meaning, it was impossible for me to think of them as having been entirely accidental. The feeling is constantly growing on me that I had been the first to hear the greeting of one planet to another. A purpose was behind these electrical signals."

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Tesla,we miss you.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I wonder what Tesslanlyne has to say about this? hmmmmmmmmmmmm

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

The same thing he says about everything. I saw this and just happened to capture exactly what i wanted AND a face palm, look at the pic on my profile page

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This was from an interview on CoasttocoastAm with George Noory.

Ann Eller has had a diverse and expansive history as an elementary school teacher, ob-gyn nurse practitioner, gyn surgical nurse, medevac nurse for the Peace Corps, White House volunteer, world traveler, and secretary to the renowned astrophysicist, Dr. J. Allen Hynek.

Some revelations shared by Eller included that Hynek was a "closet Rosicrucian" who was "very spiritual" and that he also had a remarkable letter, received in 1954, from someone at Ohio State's Astronomy Department.

This letter, she said, was documenting the fact that "intelligent signals were being received, by their radio telescope, from the vicinity of Venus."

According to Eller, when she showed it to Hynek, he merely put it away and "it was never spoken of again."

Links to the information.

beta.coasttocoastam.com...

www.dragoninthesky.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This was from an interview on CoasttocoastAm with George Noory.

Ann Eller has had a diverse and expansive history as an elementary school teacher, ob-gyn nurse practitioner, gyn surgical nurse, medevac nurse for the Peace Corps, White House volunteer, world traveler, and secretary to the renowned astrophysicist, Dr. J. Allen Hynek.

Some revelations shared by Eller included that Hynek was a "closet Rosicrucian" who was "very spiritual" and that he also had a remarkable letter, received in 1954, from someone at Ohio State's Astronomy Department.

This letter, she said, was documenting the fact that "intelligent signals were being received, by their radio telescope, from the vicinity of Venus."

According to Eller, when she showed it to Hynek, he merely put it away and "it was never spoken of again."

Links to the information.

beta.coasttocoastam.com...

www.dragoninthesky.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
"We Have a Message from Another World."

possibly he means just the world of the subatomic

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
In 1937 and on his birthday, Tesla was being interviewed by a reporter to whom he stated he had built a device in 1917 that since then had allowed him to communicate with Aliens for approximately 2 hours per day. Why one of the greatest minds that ever lived would make a claim that could be proven false, hence draw nothing but scorn and derision from not only his peers, but the general public also. We'll never know most of Tesla's inventions, as on the day of his death the F.B.I. raided his place and scooped up all his paperwork. It has been claimed that Tesla was able to draw free energy from the 'ether', which would have if given to the public, been devastating to the big electric companies, and other big businesses accociated with the generation of electricity. No doubt they had much to do with the theft of Tesla's papers by the F.B.I..

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
So, if Tesla was receiving messages, why aren't we still? Or are we and its being covered-up?...

Was SETI set-up as the sole listening outpost so that they could get the messages and then be able to release dis-information?....

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I have always hoped this is true of the birth of Tesla:

Tesla was born "at the stroke of midnight" in 1856 with lightning striking during a summer storm (the first moment of July 10). The midwife commented, "He'll be a child of the storm," to which his mother replied,

"No, of light."

peswiki.com...:Nikola_Tesla

Although that could be folklore,I still want it to be true,like the tale of Leonardo's first memory-an eagle flying down to land on his baby crib while he was in it.

If Aliens were wanting to contact any human of that time,Tesla would have been a prime candidate,IMO.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
wwell, it is known tht seti is a government office. do the math.. oh.. yes., they are

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toxicsurf
So, if Tesla was receiving messages, why aren't we still? Or are we and its being covered-up?...

Was SETI set-up as the sole listening outpost so that they could get the messages and then be able to release dis-information?....

The entire censor system is built on very few, usually government, agencies having sole access to space. Its amazing that people actually trust what they are saying.

Take a step back and really think about the structures of information distribution in our world. Naturally the aliens are the ones who dont want public disclosure, otherwise they would make it so. The governments are just playing along, for whatever reason.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bkrmn
In 1937 and on his birthday, Tesla was being interviewed by a reporter to whom he stated he had built a device in 1917 that since then had allowed him to communicate with Aliens for approximately 2 hours per day. Why one of the greatest minds that ever lived would make a claim that could be proven false, hence draw nothing but scorn and derision from not only his peers, but the general public also. We'll never know most of Tesla's inventions, as on the day of his death the F.B.I. raided his place and scooped up all his paperwork. It has been claimed that Tesla was able to draw free energy from the 'ether', which would have if given to the public, been devastating to the big electric companies, and other big businesses accociated with the generation of electricity. No doubt they had much to do with the theft of Tesla's papers by the F.B.I..

That's quite interesting. Do you have a source for that information about the interview? If true I would like to know more about it.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Thing is about Tesla, he was way WAY ahead of his time in a massive way . I mean he knew more about use of , and aquisition of electrical power, than anybody living could even imagine. The guy was a phenom, and had we free access to all his knowledge, we would have free power right now.
He in dying , took with him humanities best hope for a clean and satisfactory future.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
yes and the signal we will recieve will be "stop killing eachother or WE will finish it for you" or "pick up the action weve been watching this planet for years and its getting boring push the red button" why the hell would they want to do anything with the people of the planet i mean seriously all we do is kill kill kill kill and screw over one another again and again ect. the abductions well they are trying to figure out what makes us so damn stupid.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join