It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's empty city

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Al Jazeera's Melissa Chan reports from Inner Mongolia, where a whole town built with government money is standing empty.

I want to know why does Homo Sapiens (in the year 2009) builds cities and leaves them empty. There are enough people who need some real shelter. I don't want answers like "the information on some hard disk in some dungeon - says that people cannot use the city they built" or "they play a complex game, and they are low on their important numbers!".

This is "Homo Sapiens" not some monkey ? Is he ? With his "superior intellect" he should overcome the numbers on the hard disk...

Something else about China here : Amazing pictures - Pollutin in China
All that and for what ?

This thread belongs here. It's not about "economy" (a game) or current events. It's about waking up.
Why do I call economy a "game" ? Look - "Housing Bubble" , "too many houses !", meaning people have to lose their houses, and sit outside, at the same time workers complain - nobody needs new houses built. How can there be too many houses ? Why are houses empty and people outside ? Mental hospital "civilization"...

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Yeah, I definately feel what you're saying, you're signature is actually one of my favorite quotes in my quote collection.

I'm no expert in economy and how things really work but It does feel like a stupid game doesn't it, and that signature points it out in such a simple and innocent way, cutting through all of the bullsh*t and beurocracy.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

Thx
I am trying to explain as simple as I can - when I hear people talking about "Economy" and how "important" it is I fell like trying to make sense in front of some "Napoleon" from the mental hospital. Don't know what to say anymore.

There is no Hitler invading, no meteorite impact, no locust swarm, there still is some oil and other resources left. Everything is still here. But - that's our game, so we got to play it. We need more numbers on the hard disk ! Bigger numbers ! Else - we suffer. We "Homo Sapiens". The "smart" ones" . "We got to the Moon!" ...

[edit on 11-12-2009 by pai mei]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by pai mei

Dear god !!!

Never mind putting pictures on cigarette packets, some of those pictures in the link should be put on televisions and refrigerators etc as a warning.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
wow, those pics you linked are absolutely brutal.
i really had no idea just how horrible it is over there.
those poor people.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
the chinese government does not care about its peasent slaves. when there are so many mouths to feed, killing off a million or so a year by a polluted enviorment is of no consequence to a country that has over 1.5 billion people. if the government was concerned, they would not have allowed this type of pollution in the first place. actions speak louder than words.

top topics

join