It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Weeks before Christmas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
And not a god damn job in site

I feel as if I'm the only one in this situation, but I'm only 20 and don't have a family.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I know how you feel, christmas can be a bad time of year, for people without stuff. Your not alone, and there are loads of us in this world, like this.

On christmas day though just try to be thankful for what you do have.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
And not a god damn job in site

I feel as if I'm the only one in this situation, but I'm only 20 and don't have a family.

Do you live in the middle of nowhere?

People who say there are no jobs are the people who are too picky or too lazy.

There's lots of jobs. Crappy jobs but plenty of them.

Besides, what are you complaining about? You're 20.. go to school!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

that sucks....

im on the hunt for job number two to stay afloat

i feel your pain...
but honestly...just stay positive.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Well dont feel bad bro u aint the only one without a job. i been hitting the temp places trying to get money for the holidays.Gotta get presents for my son

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
That sucks mate in a similar situation applied for everything you can imagine like literaly the crappiest jobs goin, even though I have a degree under my belt.
Have you ever thought about university though? Even though I've just stated my degree hasn't really helped... it is an easy enough life and an extra edge in the job market(apparently) when you graduate. Doesn't even have to be particularly taxing degree but it is a good way to keep yourself going through tough economic times.
Can't hurt to apply for next year if the job market is still garbage by then, as I imagine it will be. You can get full government funding in the UK, (I assume you are since you are a Muse fan) including maintenance costs, extra help particularly if you are on your own. I've always felt like uni is kind of a transition period between school and the 'real world.' If you don't think your qualified enough now, look into free education courses in your area, and hype these things on your CV. Volunteering is a good plan too because your learning skills and helping folks out, gives you a perspective.
I would say your quite a resourceful person draw on your instincts, tough times develop some of the most valuable skills that will stay with you for life!
Don't let it defeat you.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I hear ya man, I am 24 and no job. At first i was prepping up living at home to go in the Navy, then I broke my leg... so now I'm back on my feet looking for work, I also live in the middle of nowhere by the by. A good 15-30 minute drive to any town pretty much... so I would need a job to pay the gas.. and since I have to carpool it limits my options.... and now I'm going to go back to school as well soon... gah.. (parents, living with and they are helping me) So I am a bit fortunate yes, lazy.. kinda.. but I am still applying for work each week when I carpool.
I recently had a cut-off on my unemployment benefits... I applied for it a year ago but never started to collect... really screwed me cause after the quarter I started on (just a few weeks) my year ended. I just got in the mail how much $$ I will get each week. $68 ... Thats barely just the gas money to look for work. Good thing I do live with my parents otherwise I wouldn't be able to survive financially at all.

By the way, I am going in tomorrow to the career center nearby to discuss why they chopped my weekly pay in half and removed how much total benefit $$ I would get in a certain period. I know this is an easy way to get money and all, but I am not getting hired either so what the hell.. I'm getting only 68 a week plus it is taxed and am fined a lil for using the card... messed up man.. messed up. I will give you all updates when I find out why I got cut $1000 off of my total benefits and reduced to half of what they were givin me a couple weeks ago per week....

Cheers!

top topics

join