It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google announces camera-based Web search

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This is exciting and scary at the same time. With face recognition software... pretty soon, you will be able to take someone's picture and do an internet search. Granted, it doesn't sound like it's at that level yet... but being able to take pictures of landmarks, merchandise, etc... and being able to do a search on it is a pretty awesome tool.

Source: Raw Story

Google search is getting eyes and ears, moving beyond typed key words to let people scour the Internet with mobile telephone cameras or spoken words in multiple languages. Google on Monday unveiled "Goggles" software that lets people search online using pictures taken with cameras in mobile phones based on its Android operating system. "When you take a mobile phone camera and connect it to the Internet, it becomes an eye," Google mobile search vice president of engineering Vic Gundotra said while demonstrating Goggles in Mountain View, California. "Google Goggles lets you take a picture of an item and use the picture as the query." An experimental version of Goggles will be available for people at Google Labs website. Goggles already recognizes books, wine labels, CD covers, landmarks and more, according to Gundotra.

Story continued at source...

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
My God.

When will the insanity end. I am getting rid of my cell phone and am going to shut down this internet service.

You just scared the crap out of me.

Ok, I already know I have a camera and mic on my computer.

I already know the Gov can turn my phone on, without me knowing, listen in to conversations, take pictures. But now they want to do it with my computer too.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH. Went screaming from the room in absolute paranoid schizoid delusion.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Here's the link for the Google Goggles...
Google Goggles

Search for:
- Landmark
- book
- Contact Info
- Artwork
- Places
- Wine
- Logo

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Holy crap, interesting and wild!

I can't wait 'til this is ready for Chrome.

new topics

top topics

join