It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this strange US Navy aircraft ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
My friend says it was taken on board the USS George Washington aircraft carrier.

But I don't recognise the aircraft at all, neither does he. Can anyone help ?

It seems a huge beast of an aircraft, stealthy too.

Sorry if it's been posted before ... I haven't seen it !!!

Cheers

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/261f0c662463.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1694fbe2285a.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/61d6bfc89020.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/af6e6cbbec1b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
It's not real. It's just a fictional film prop from the movie "Stealth" (I think that's what is was called).

From what I remember, the film was pretty awful too.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I believe this is footage from the movie Stealth.

In the third picture you can see someone who looks like Jessica Biel in the cockpit.

To answer your question, it is likely an (unfunctional) cosmetic modification of an existing aircraft.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It is a film prop from the 2005 Hollywood blockbuster "Stealth" and is NOT a real aircraft.

The Y/F 37 Talon does not exist and therefore any images of this
non-existant aircraft, must be taken with a very large pinch of salt.

Unless of course, somebody at Groom Lake knows better!

If you don't believe us, just Google "Lt Kara Wade".

[edit on 6-12-2009 by fritz]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
stuff like that makes you wonder though just like the new DROID commercial

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Awwww .... it's a fake airplane ???

I'm so disappointed. I'd hoped it was real ...

And I'm going to kill my friend !!! He told me it could fly at Mach 4 hahaha !!!

Sorry to have bothered you all

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by fritz

If you don't believe us, just Google "Lt Kara Wade".

I was going to mention the pilot looked a lot like jessica beil...

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by randolrs1
I believe this is footage from the movie Stealth.

In the third picture you can see someone who looks like Jessica Biel in the cockpit.

To answer your question, it is likely an (unfunctional) cosmetic modification of an existing aircraft.

It not only looks like Jessica Biel in the cockpit, but it actually is in fact her.

Also, yes, it is simply a prop.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by TheAgentNineteen]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
From the movie "Stealth" starring uber-hottie Jessica Biel.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Well, if an aircraft of that design doesn't exist...it should...very sleak/powerful looking.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
yeah like as if it was real they would put a "lady" in the cockpit HA HA.......
I await the burns females LOL.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

Oh my gosh. These photos keep returning because people think they're real Top Secret planes. Of course, we all know they are just props for the movie, Stealth (awful movie). The director of Stealth rented an aircraft carrier from the US Navy with a skeleton crew for the film.

You'd think with so many posts asking the same question, people would stop asking this question.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Why do people keep replying to this if the question's already been answered ten times?

*hypocrite*

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
the only good thing about this movie was jessica biel. the rest of the movie was horrible and boring, except jessica.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrisd250
the only good thing about this movie was jessica biel. the rest of the movie was horrible and boring, except jessica.

C'mon, the movie wasn't that bad. If it was made in the 80's it would have been the blockbuster of the year

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Yup, it's the rather cool looking fighter from that awful movie "Stealth".

Apparently the British have already stated the the Eurofighter can defeat it in air-to-air combat

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Humph. I kinda liked that movie

I want that prop in my backyard,lol. Wonder what the neighbors would say!!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by randolrs1

Unfortunately, there is some stuff going around on the internet that claims that is a real plane--like some Lt. female is flying a new, undisclosd A/C off a carrier!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Yeah. I'm looking at the photos and I'm thinking this is real. Then in the 3rd photo I take note of how attractive the face in the cockpit is. So I'm wondering. Then I see the film camera in the 4th photo and I figure this is bogus because documentary people would be using digital cameras these days right? I'm not sure, though, they might still use very high speed film cameras to study stuff. But yeah the face was sort of a WTF moment.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
its not a real aircraft. the F/A-37 Talon is a movie prop as has already been stated by others before. here's the trailer:

and some footage:

now, lets just wait for some people to come up here and say this is another ultra hush-hush black project straight from the top secret air force base on the far side of the moon.

EDI UCAV (callsign: tinman).

The UCAV EDI (Extreme Deep Invader) is a joint program in relation to the F/A-37 Talon. EDI (call sign 'Tinman') is smaller than the Talon and has a downward-canted delta platform. Despite its designation as an Unmanned Combat Air Vehicle (UCAV), it retains a cockpit for maintenance and emergencies. Among the new features are V/STOL capability, a Cermet (metal ceramic) composite exoskeleton, and aeroelastic wings. The engine is described as a Pulse Detonation Engine with twin Hybrid Scramjet Turbos fueled by catalyzed A1 methane. Being unmanned, EDI has shown to disregard G-forces and perform a complete sharp angle, high speed turn.

EDI's computer is more powerful than a standard Talon's at 10 tera-bits/second. It also has an Artificial Intelligence system with Quantum processing achieved by a neural net.EDI's artificial intelligence goes even further by allowing it to speak freely without being influenced by a human controller. EDI is capable of identifying a target 5 miles (8.0 km) away or by using a satellite uplink. EDI can identify a human target by fingerprints, voice analysis, or by face recognition. The most striking feature of the A.I. was its ability to learn at an exponential rate, and its ability to develop emotional feelings.

Fictional Military Aircraft

not mentioned in the article is the UCAV's tendency to download pirated music from the internets after it was struck by lightning. so a warning to kids, it is unsafe to venture outside where you might be struck by lightning because it will turn you into a digital pirate.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join