It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It feels like the world is ending

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
reply to post by nightrun

Common, non-scientific theories don't back things up. Evidence does. The two are not the same. As religion is as far from science as is possible to get, the theories you speak of are not scientific in nature, and are therefore opinion and nothing more. It's not rational to base beliefs of others unprovable theories.

I agree, I make mistakes like anyone.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrandKitaro777
As watcher in the shadows stated, "we are aging" and that's one of the common reasons why we lose taste in some things in life.

I also don't doubt the idea of entertainment serving as a blanket to cover your eyes to successfully prevent humanity from seeking the real truth, Thus removing this blanket will cause the "loss of taste" of entertainment to seek a greater truth.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by GrandKitaro777]

[edit on 4-12-2009 by GrandKitaro777]

i am 17 i am not old.. but ii also belive something is happening, think back to 2002-2003.. that is for me at least when everything went muffled. anybody else feel a storng change at this time?. i remember 2004 was when it really first hit. the feeling is of lost hope, like nothing will ever be perfect again, its really hard to explain..

but on the other hand?.. could this be signs of deppression?? lol if so then i have been deppressed for the last 6 years ha.. but that is unlikely.

yes the world feels like a dream now.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by emayarsh

funny how you mentioned 2004 and coming up to it!

i am old enough to be your mother and yet i feel the same as you!

god bless you and all who sail in you>>>>

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by polychronopolis
The world will not end soon, my friend...well, at least the third planet from the medium-sized star that we call 'Sun' will be around for a long, long time.

We may or may not be close to the end of homo sapiens, but just remember that every end is a new beginning...and that's probably the way our species began anyway...so this is probably a natural process.

"Our earth is degenerate in these latter days. There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end. Bribery and corruption are common. Children no longer obey their parents. Every man wants to write a book, and the end of the world is evidently approaching."

Quotation above was inscribed on a tablet about 4800 years ago (2800 B. C.) now in the Municipal Museum at Istanbul. www.freedomsring.org...

[edit on 19-12-2009 by seataka]

[edit on 19-12-2009 by seataka]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Oh, Nightrun you are full of the joys of Spring!

The world is not going to end. You just need to find some way to have fun and I suggest turning off your telly (if it no longer makes you laugh). Go and join a club or do some charitable work. Change your life. Find some NEW friends if your current ones are making you depressed. Travel. Move to somewhere nicer.

If you cannot be happy then don't worry, the world won't end because of you.

Don't worry about 2012 as that will just be another year and will lead quite smoothly into 2013, minus a clutch of suicides from those dissapointed that it did not end!

Regards

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I have been noticeing this for years. Since I was a kid in sixty nine.

The Saturday morning cartoons went from great stuff that I can still
watch today like, Space ghost ,Bugs Bunny show, Gigantor, the4
fantastic four the flintstones to the whacky racers , Josey and the pussycats and Skooby doo. Those who like Skooby Doo? Let me
tell you, Underdog was the shizzle. Polly Purebred

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
I have been noticeing this for years. Since I was a kid in sixty nine.

The Saturday morning cartoons went from great stuff that I can still
watch today like, Space ghost ,Bugs Bunny show, Gigantor, the4
fantastic four the flintstones to the whacky racers , Josey and the pussycats and Skooby doo. Those who like Skooby Doo? Let me
tell you, Underdog was the shizzle. Polly Purebred

I liked Scooby Doo. What a great cartoon that was.
Anyways, I do think time is speeding up and everything feels like it's going by faster. I think it's a rising of vibrations as we enter the Age of Aquarius.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by sphinx551]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
OP? right? head thread guy? correct? I think this is obvious. but I wanted to stress how much the media is changing for 2010. great things. dante's inferno game, legion the movie and V the series just to name the highlight. I agree with the dullness but this truly isn't anything new to me.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Oh, Nightrun you are full of the joys of Spring!

The world is not going to end. You just need to find some way to have fun and I suggest turning off your telly (if it no longer makes you laugh). Go and join a club or do some charitable work. Change your life. Find some NEW friends if your current ones are making you depressed. Travel. Move to somewhere nicer.

If you cannot be happy then don't worry, the world won't end because of you.

Don't worry about 2012 as that will just be another year and will lead quite smoothly into 2013, minus a clutch of suicides from those dissapointed that it did not end!

Regards

Thanks for reply but I have to disagree with you. I don't think many people have disconnected from the worldly materials as much as I have. I do beekeeping for a hobby and job at the moment, that's my joy. I am happy beyond anything, the world ending would not change my outlook.
I don't watch TV, I gave my $1000 HD LCD to my parents, my photo printer, my router. All I own is a laptop, a cellphone and a rack of clothes.
I am waiting for a game to come along, something that would compete with things I have had in the past. These days it is rare to get quality but I see things like Avatar are rare gems (will be seeing that Saturday).

Try take a second look around, that's all I can suggest :-)

reply to post by Jordan River

dante's inferno game: Linear. You will only play it once. From what I see it doesn't look worth the cash, possibly only rent worthy. EA is one hell of a rotten company.

legion the movie: Hmm another end of world movie? Unfortunately it looks pretty crap lol.. It gets worse deeper into the trailer "are we safe now?.... . ... ...." "no". I don't buy into that crap unnatural dialogue.

V the series: I'll probably grab it on DVD sometime.

[edit on 23/12/2009 by nightrun]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
i can relate.my life has been not prosperous these last 3 years.the thing to do is make every day count. live moment to moment.build your confidence
up and make a positive impact when you can. make time for the special ones in your life;or find someone to make special(if they want you to)
life really is too short to be down on yourself.you have computer access
to the world,make the best of it.dont worry about something you cant fix.
live for life is too short.be a hero,not a victim.good luck.
jerrycroweband

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
the whole point of TV and Video Games is to lose some of the troubles of reality for a while. Its a mini mind vacation.

The problem is people tend to over indulge. This leads to the horrible disease zombitosis. The cure is getting out and enjoying some good old fashioned human/nature interaction human/human interaction is also found to quite effective at battling the scourge.

Symptoms to watch for

1.subscriptions to TV guide

2.owning any MMORPG such as World of Warcraft

3.cushion flattened buttocks from hours of sitting infront of the tube

4.cheetoh dust around the mouth and fingertips

5.outrageous numbers of redbull cans haphazardly lying about

Television and digital entertainment are great when used in moderation. It's just like anything else when you over indulge. If you know someone who's being consumed by Zombitosis immediatley capture the individual and take him to the nearest go-kart/mini golf facility.

I don't think the world is ending or anything, the dumbing of society is certainly however. Wether this will lead to an eventual ruination of mankind i guess we'll have to wait and see.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by constantwonder]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Over Population
Television station
Nuclear powered generators to keep us warm

the hole in the sky is wondering why
why do we do it?

the melting of the ice, blue skies blue seas,
why do we do it?

So why am I on my knees praying why?

why am i on my knees praying why.

If anybody wants to hear the music ask me nicely!!

Thanks guys..I feel it too

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Nothing will EVER be as you remember it OP. You and the world has changed and so have you. You are pinning your hopes on a ghost man. And besides we tend to remember things not as they were but more an idealised snapshot. Try rewatching those shows you loved back then and see what I mean.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
hey guys, was reading this because i actually typed on google "feeling that the world is going to end soon" to see if someone else besides me was feeling the same way. You know it actually does feel like a dream, i mean like everything, well maybe not everything but well it kinda feels like an illusion. I just turned 21 and i started feeling that way probably in 2004 or 2005 but not really sure. It felt like something was being rushed, maybe time itself going quicker than usual? sounds pretty crazy but i hope u guys can understand, anyway it be nice to talk about this over a chat or something. Send me a pm so we can figure out what is really going on.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by jedispider]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedispider
hey guys, was reading this because i actually typed on google "feeling that the world is going to end soon" to see if someone else besides me was feeling the same way. You know it actually does feel like a dream, i mean like everything, well maybe not everything but well it kinda feels like an illusion. I just turned 21 and i started feeling that way probably in 2004 or 2005 but not really sure. It felt like something was being rushed, maybe time itself going quicker than usual? sounds pretty crazy but i hope u guys can understand, anyway it be nice to talk about this over a chat or something. Send me a pm so we can figure out what is really going on.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by jedispider]

watch this entire video:
video.google.com...#

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
To me it feels like its about to begin, but I am a lil strange at times.

[edit on 12/30/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
if the world is indeed ending, then the bible would start to be taken more seriously, the bible predicts that in the last days events will happen that are certanily taking place as we speak, so beleive what you want, but live life not worrying about what will happen but what you can do withy our life

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

Star, nice way to think friend.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
i dont like to take sides when i can give an unbiased opinion,but i feel the change as well, its just not the same, to me, mother earth seems to be fighting something, im not quite sure what it is, any thought?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

You are obviously depressed to some degree. Major or not, I can't be sure, but you're description of feelings shadow symptoms. I am not saying go get on prozac or anything, but I have suffered with major depression since I was ten (now 24).

The only difference between now and then is that I treat it and accept life as it is, so I now function much better. If you had talked to me just a couple years ago,I would have been a miserable wreck of sadness and anxiety. I lost interest in everything...nothing was fun and I sat waiting for the # to hit the fan.

Life should not be spent waiting for the apocalypse or even you're own death. Is it sickly fun to ponder it all? Sure, but not to the point of leading a colorless life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join