It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tongue Piercing....experiences needed please :-)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I've pretty much decided that I'm gonna do it.

For those of you that HAVE...please post your experiences here.

Does it hurt ? From what I've read on the net, some people say it does, some don't.

How long till you talk normally and eat normally ?

How much does it cost ?

Should you get drunk before ? (sorry, Drunk..not speaking of you lol)

Please...no holds barred..I need info from my fellow ATS-Addicts

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Greetings KayEm- One of my dearest friends got her tongue pierced. The pain was excruciating (her words) and her lisp was dreadful. It took her months before she was speaking "normally" again. At the time she said it was worth it though. That it until...dramatic music...a dental appointment about a year later. Her dentist showed her pictures of her last appointment compared to her recent pics. You wouldn't believe the bone deterioration from "flipping" the stud against her teeth and gums. He told her she could lose teeth over it. She took it out shortly after.

Her experience has kept me from getting one...well at least in my tongue.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Hi Bleys, and I thank you for your reply.

Tell me...did your friend get a close to the tip of the tongue ring, or a center of the tongue barbell ? From what I've read it's the piercings that are the closest to the tip of the tongue that are most at risk for causing dental problems.

Also, I think we all have to keep in mind that most dentists out there ARE essentially conformists and will resist anything that reeks of being different.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The oral is worth it, drive through. ^^

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
The oral is worth it, drive through. ^^

woohooooooo
I've heard about this little benefit. Please u2u me to elaborate.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
KayEm-She had the barbell. My husband reminds me that she's a "tweaker" and that probably contributed to her tongue flicking. But after what she went through, I decided to pass.

As to your comments regarding dentists, boy, you described my dentist, who is also my father-in-law, to a "t." My daughter wanted purple braces and he was speechless. Already a non-conformist at 10.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
u2u sent.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
He told her she could lose teeth over it. She took it out shortly after.

Her dentist should have warned her against speed, rather then tongue piercings. What a wanker.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
All I will say is that KayEm showed me some pix of tongue piercing ...

Rather her than me !

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
ive had many close friends get tounge peircings. All in the center of the tounge, two of them self pierced(one was high at the time, the other im not sure). Only one of them got infected, and only one swelled up really badly(the one who got it done).

Hope that was some help!

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
OK, the actual piercing hurts for the blink of an eye. You can eat and talk normally after about 2 days. I have mine done twice by the way.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I have a couple of friends with thier tongues pierced...
Personally I could never do it, but they love their's! The majority of people can't eat solids for a couple of days, but they both went to McDonalds afterwards!
I'm getting my belly done next week though, I've been told it doesn't hurt very much! I haven't got my ears done, unfortunatly I can't, since they're 'extra' sensitive and get infected really easily.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
My little sister got her toungue pierced, she told me it hurted but it wasn't that much painfull (but she's somehow a little piercing freak IMO, she have multiple in her ears, also have nose, belly button and tits pierced, at 16 y.o.)

I think I remember she could talk and eat normally (or almost) after 2 or 3 days. She didn't had any infection problem with her tongue yet, and it's been a while she got it. I think hers on the tip of her tongue.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I had mine done , tongue swelled up and stayed swollen for about 2 weeks. So 2 weeks of icecream and soup for me.

Then I had the wonderful experience of cracking a tooth on the damn thing and ended up taking it out about 6 months later .

The actual piercing experience didnt hurt, as long as I kept it clean. But the gunk that covered my tongue afterwards was disgusting! I was rinsing properly too..... all my friends who had it done had the same problem.

It's up to you but I didnt find it worthwhile in the end.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I will never pierce my tongue. These experiences are far to off putting. Consider, for example, what you would do if the SHF and you had to remove your tongue peircing? *shudders*

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Your either brave...or stoopid
(Since you're KayEm I'll go brave).
But I just couldn't put a hole in my tongue...

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I just think it's following trends....both stupid. It's a "safe" way to be a rebel, but how rebellious are these folks actually?
No disrespect to those who've chosen it for themselves, but I can't see ever doing it.....I've been to too many shops or fast food joints with lisping girls. Why hadicap oneself?
Oral sex with horrible technique & a tounge piercing is still crappy oral!

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
All I will say is that KayEm showed me some pix of tongue piercing ...

Rather her than me !

I'm in your position Pisky. My wife is the wild child. She has her tongue pierced and eyebrow pierced. She wanted her nose pierced, but I said I didn't think that was attractive. Her belly button was pierced but it kept getting infected. I don't mind her tongue or eyebrow ring, but I won't get any piercings myself.

As for the added benefits Pisky.... they are worth it.

=========================================================

Same topic, different story....
There is a woman at my workplace that has a piercing in the middle of her forehead !!!! I think it's absolutely gross. Looks like a mini door knocker on here head.
She doesn't meet the public, so management has no problem with it. Yuck.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I once dated someone with a bar through her tongue. The ends rusted shut and she could not unscrew it. I don't know what ever became of the situation.

top topics

join