It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Galapogos ecosystem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
www.google.com...

The coastal wildlife of the Galapagos Islands has been devastated by rising ocean temperatures due to global warming and human activity like fishing and tourism, scientists say.

I really cant believe that this "Scientific" report has failed to include the fact the Galapagos Islands has recently been hit by numerous Volcanic Eruptions in the past 2 years, including Subterannean Fumaroles which have released vast quantities of CO2, destroying much of the ecosystem undersea aswell as Ash deposits onland and Gaseous releases.
Instead Scientists have blamed the destruction on "Global Warming" and blame Human Activity for the demise of many creatures and this ecosystem. So I guess when the next VEI8 eruption happens then they'll blame that on "Global Warming" too then.

EDIT- hope that link works..still the same article, different source.

[edit on 4/12/09 by ROBL240]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

Your link is malformed .

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I give up, maybe the tag isn't working or something changed because I can't get the link or a tinyurl link to work for it either.

[edit on 4/12/09 by spirit_horse]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

I would imagine that this is highlighting those forces which humans are directly or indirectly responsible for i.e over fishing/tourism and *global warming*.
Unable to do anything to alter volcanic activity the report focuses on what can be altered.

But the threat of volcanic activity to the flora and fauna has featured in the MSM.

Galapagos volcano eruption threatens giant turtles

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
hrmm, interesting. Never knew that.

new topics

top topics

join