It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real Terminator/RoboCop, Here it is folks. Beware.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Sweet. But can you make it look like a centaur.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

agreed

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
As technology advances, so will the way we enforce our laws.

Why put a real life officer in harms way, when we can put a machine who can take whatever punishment the criminals give it, and then some all the while coming out unscathed? Or, at least repairable.

The same will eventually happen to the military as well. No longer will humans be put in the way of harm, but machines.

It's the next logical step. We already have various UAV's and unmanned ground vehicles.

But like you, I share the concerns about what could happen if we replace a human operator behind the machine with an A.I. which will think on their own.

You could almost write a book about it. The machines could think us inferior and "outdated", believing us to be a waste of space. Cold calculation without any human feelings could lead to a mass slaughter of "outdated humans" to make space for more efficient machines.

Peace,
FK

Yes, there are plenty of positives for sure. I just hope that we keep these machines controlled by humans as opposed to giving them their own minds to think.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by okimas
The second video was just a film project made a few years back.

Yeah...I didn't find that out until later. It was still pretty cool though and very realistic.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I've been watching this progress for about 2 years. There's much more to find if you plug "military robots" into the search engine. Here is a video compilation of "bots" that are presently available or soon to be. The more "autonomous" they make them, the more we have to worry. (in my opinion.)

www.youtube.com...

You may also be interested in looking at "Space based Projectors" and "hologram" technology.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Here is a promotional video for a gadget that would work great with "Robo donkey" www.youtube.com...#

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
In response to the biomass fuel system, or Energetically Autonomous Tactical Robot (EATR)...
Anyone notice how the acronym for it would be pronounced "eater" o.O?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join