It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Splitting Time from Space—New Quantum Theory Topples Einstein's Spacetime

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I looked to see if there wre any other posts on this and didn't see any, so I will post.

I thought it was interesting.

And if the thread gets shut down then I will know there was one already started on this

www.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Gravitational lensing proves curved space, not curved space-time. After looking at the experiment that proves curved time, I believe that physicists erred when they say time curves. If we were to define time as different states of matter(in other words, say we call where you're sitting right now "present state", then one heart beat later, we call it "future state,") then the more accurate conclusion is that the rate of change of each state above slows down/speeds up, not that time slows down/speeds up.

In other words, "aging slower" is not the same as saying "time curves," as one might conclude from the Twin thought experiment.

None of this falsifies the "everything happening at once" theory, however. By defining time like above, all of the possibilities of the past, present and future states may be happening "underneath" or "outside" of space-time already. We simply collapse each possibility to one state, with every moment that passes by(in all cases, however, "universal time" still passes.)

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It should also be noted that gravitational lensing only shows the space of "our universe" is curved. Ultimate Time and Space may be infinite and eternal, and could encompass even the Ultimate Creator(I made a post that shows how such a creator could arise spontaneously, assuming infinite time, I think it also works if you assumed infinite space. It just takes even longer. Basically, you have to assume that given enough time, energy will disperse and find its way back to "desire or potential to become").

new topics

join