It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global warming no hoax

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I believe in many conspiracies. But this is one I will never believe b/c I don't need scientific data to prove it. Just like I believe those who think the earth was created 6,000years ago have poor judgement, i believe those who think we are not impacting our environment have poor judgement.

For me, its not about "Global Warming" or "Global Cooling" or man-made global warming. it is about the health of our environment as a whole.

We forget so easily that Bush had his White House Lawyers manipuate facts of a scientific document about Global Warming being, indeed real. Yet now with this ClimateGate its getting all this attention. Americans are easy to forget and slow to change. We fear Big Government, but what about Big Business?

this comes down to money? which is more important our Earth? Or profits?

I really want to understand why there are those who do NOT believe in this Global Warming, that don't believe that man is severely impacting our environment. Please tell me b/c I want to understand b/c maybe it is I who has the flawed judgement.

How can you not think all that CO2 emitted into the atmosphere isn't doing anything? (from hundreds of millions of cars, homes, businesses and factories world wide, every day for over 70years!)

People like to say CO2 is a natural part of our ecosystem b/c, well, it is! But so is Nitrogen - there is No debate that excess Nitrogen is the cause of the devastation in the The Chessapeak Bay and coral reefs' of Australia due to Farming runoff.. that is a natural occurence but man made? But too much Nitrogen is no good and now the chesssapeake bay and coral reefs are negatively forever changed.

We have created acid rain from pollution, we agree that is a reality? but we can't come to an agreement that too much Co2 is hurting our environment?

In just 20-30 years or less, many cities through out the world and the U.S. have SMOG covering their city skylines? This was created by Man and the same emissions get fed into our weather cycles on a mass scale, worldwide for now 100years! and this is doing NOTHING? But it can create acid rain and smog and other issues, but do NOTHING to our atmosphere??

The human body goes up a degree or 2 and we have a fever. Nature is all tied together, and just like how an animal can go extinct in the food chain it completely disrupts the entire chain of food.. yet, people can't see how excess co2 in our atmosphere disrupts everything in nature from weather patterns to drinking water? Even if there is the slightest chance that this Global Warming phenomena is REAL, we should change! over time it will create jobs and if you tell me otherwise your not thinking on a larger scale. this all revolves around ONE industry - ENERGY!! Why is there so many attempts to block changes to other alternative energies? people say "oh its Big Government getting in the way, charging more taxes on us"... True as that maybe but you think Big Business is any different?

All it will take is the emergence of a few new industries in the Energy sector from Wind to water to solar, and this problem can be solved! But why are there so many attempts to shut this down?? I don't understand b/c only good can come out of it!!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The attempts aren't to shut down environmentalism,they're to stop the government from using the natural warming and cooling cycles of the earth to control us and tax us to death.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

That is a very fair comment and indeed why I posted my thread.. b/c I want to understand. Just like many of us get angered when the government can distort facts about war and corruption, yeah, i totally see this being an issue if it is used to create new taxes. absolutely!

thanks for that..

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Yes, why regulate pollution when you can tax on the basis of CO2 release.

You know what releases CO2, humans, dogs, cats, etc. I think the CO2 debacle is coming to an end, yet something new they can tax us on will come about.

As for pollution, who is the largest polluter? Guess the power production, nope, cars, nope, the governments of the world. You got it.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit
The attempts aren't to shut down environmentalism,they're to stop the government from using the natural warming and cooling cycles of the earth to control us and tax us to death.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I've not a clue how much of an impact we have on the temperature of the earth. I doubt we have no impact whatsoever. What I am concerned with is that our collective effects in many areas are causing dynamic shifts in the earths various stability systems, and that these large, natural cycles may be somewhat impacted to the point of tipping out of our favor.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by herbii
All it will take is the emergence of a few new industries in the Energy sector from Wind to water to solar, and this problem can be solved!

Please do a little more research on wind and solar for use on a grid. You are very mistaken. Throwing up a bunch of wind turbines will NOT change anything.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I honestly don't know how anyone who has seen temperature inversion from heavy smog in a city can deny man made global warming. For those who have doubts, would you risk the lives of your children, grandchildren and the future of the human race on a 25% chance that man made global warming is not happening? 50%? 80% Are you a gambler?

Since Bush gave the Kyoto protocols the one finger salute and his obscene fist pump and bragging "goodbye from the world's greatest polluter" I fear the rest of the world thinks there just no use in even trying if the USA doesn't give a hoot why should anyone? (hopefully things will get better with the Obama administration) How do you propose we get people in industrialized countries to stop heavy polluting?

link   
10 mins to Expose Global Warming Scam

Cool vid worth watching

There is also scientific proof of not only our planet warming/cooling, but the other planets in our solar system to >

Sun: More activity since 1940 than in previous 1150 years, combined

Mercury: Unexpected polar ice discovered, along with a surprisingly strong intrinsic magnetic field … for a supposedly “dead” planet

Venus: 2500% increase in auroral brightness, and substantive global atmospheric changes in less than 30 years

Earth: Substantial and obvious world-wide weather and geophysical changes

Mars: “Global Warming,” huge storms, disappearance of polar icecaps

Jupiter: Over 200% increase in brightness of surrounding plasma clouds

Saturn: Major decrease in equatorial jet stream velocities in only ~20 years, accompanied by surprising surge of X-rays from equator

Uranus: “Really big, big changes” in brightness, increased global cloud activity

Neptune: 40% increase in atmospheric brightness

Pluto: 300% increase in atmospheric pressure, even as Pluto recedes farther from the Sun

None of these statistics are from “fringe” scientists; they are all very, very real, and what you have just read is only the proverbial “tip of the iceberg.”

This Report’s scientific data, from a variety of highly credible institutions (including NASA itself), reveals that startling “climate change” phenomena are occurring, not just here on Earth, but, in fact -- throughout the entire solar system. This material has been publicly available for nearly a decade in some cases, but it was simply never assembled into a coherent picture of “a System in significant transition” … until this writing.

From here.

Be safe and be well

link   
reply to post by endisnighe

This is 'enlightening' in an odd way.. i get so upset thinking this shouldn't be political, we are talking about our earth that we live in. i was just told by someone in another forum "we don't sh!t in our homes, so we shouldn't pollute and destroy our earth.. but it isn't at all about that, its about distorting truthes to tax us." If we tax co2, than why not tax nuclear power plants for the amount of water they use to cool nuclear waste? Why not tax the bridges we cross? oh wait that is taxed.. why not tax me going to the bathroom b/c that involves using mass amounts of water to flush it through the system? Why not tax me for being born? i think i get the point tho..

For along time i was a liberal, then went Independent, and once I started trading futures and stocks, I went "Conservatively Independent of Democrats" b/c I see how much influence our government has over us. But, i am adimant that Big Business can be just as bad with no regulation.. b/c its not individual businesses, its corporate companies as a whole (just like government as a whole as the bigger it is, the more corrupt it can get).. I'm a big fan of "Common Sense" by the endearing Thomas Paine during the birth of our nation. And, i still believe that "common sense" can keep the world a liveable, happy, healthy and peaceful place b/c it is the governments that think they have to get involved in everything that just messes things up..

I must add i was a bit red when I read that comment "Who are the biggest polluters in the world? Humans? NO. Animals? NO. Businesses? NO.. Its the GOVERNMENTs of the world!" Tu freakin shey!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

coming from both sides being independent, I agree.. i hope it does get easier for Obama. Altho I wasn't a fan of Bush, I didn't like the name calling, the 'obstructionists' on both sides claiming he was a nazi and Obama as a communist. I think its wrong b/c it doesn't get us anywhere. but i also don't want to see any new taxes. I don't think anyone does.

I got some videos to watch and articles to read b/c i truly do want to fully understand the 'other side'. I've been so lopsided and only believing that this global warming thing is beyond proven that i never gave it much thought for there to be something else going on. its only fair too, that i see what others are saying and why?

I actually started up a conversation with some other websites that are propenents of "GLobal Warming" being a hoax.. only b/c i want to understand. and i'm doing it politely and professional. b/c once hot heads start getting in the way, and name calling and yelling in "CAPITAL LETTERS" it will only get in the way of me trying to understand other people's view points.

but yes, if there is even the slightests chance of it being real we should absolutely change.
but again, there is NO need to be manipulating facts, especially if it ends up in new taxes..

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by herbii

algore?

algore is that you?

If Global Warming is real, then why do junk scientists have to manipulate, distort and flat out lie about their data?

Compared to what the Earth has been through the last 4.5 billion years, us people are just peons. No matter what we do, we don't have any more of an effect on the Earth than say 1 good volcanic eruption.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
It seems the whole solar system is heating up .

That could only be caused by changes in the sun .

The emissions from one super - volcano erupting for one day ,

would eclipse man's contribution for a year .

..... I think a bigger problem is the noxious pollution [garbage]that

man creates and distributes daily .

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by herbii

If you really want to understand like you say you do, watch the video at the bottom of page one in the link below - in my signature file - it will really explain everything to you.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Gamma Mo
Please do some research.
I come from the land of ice and snow.
Wind generators are doing the job.
Thank you very much.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
If the concern is truly the health of the planet then why is there not a treaty for this?

www.chinahush.com...

There are hundreds of post industrial sites in the US that are highly toxic, sitting uncleaned for decades and many in highly populated areas.

Farming and Industry have polluted till the point of destruction the streams, rivers habitats and oceans of this world. But it is easier to tax CO2 than to really clean up your messes and not make a profit of billions. Taxing all other chemical pollutants would shut the money mongers down.

If there were truly a concern for the health of the planet and not fortunes these issues would have been addressed decades ago. I for one don't think there is a change of heart only a change of profit venue.

There was a fortune to be made making a mess, now one to be made cleaning it up?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
IMHO man made global warming is very minutely true BUT... We contribute a fraction of what the Siberian Traps eruptions did, They erupted non stop for approximately 1 million years which in turn caused the permial extinction, So if you calculate how long we have been contributing to global warming compared to the Siberian Traps, yes we may be contributing a little but nowhere near the amount the government's say we are.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Personally I'm in the camp of gw is a big joke. Just because I don't believe in it does not mean I'm for polluting the environment. So far the so-called solutions don't do squat but make someone else money or have some other effect that is harmful. Flyingfish I'm from NY and we have problems with the turbine and bats. Seems the little buggers fly into them
Now add to that the fungus that has been attacking bat colony's and you got a a bad thing. In some areas I imagine wind turbines are great but they are not a universal solution. How about the light bulbs with mercury? They are "energy savers" yet toxic when broken
So we just dump them in the trash? Yet I look and see natural areas get defiled so another strip mall or housing development go up
The problem w/ gw is that the so called solutions are the problems the future will deal with.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by hangedman13]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I hear what your saying birds are killed by the turbines and apparently bats as well.
What I'm saying it is possible to be self independent.
The grid- is a tit.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by flyingfish]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

I agree, but some feel that there is a magic solution. It will not be as simple as it sounds to find alternative power for large consumption. And we need to make sure we are not trading one problem for another.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join