It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I don't shop at WalMart!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Holiday
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Right decision...wrong reason.

It should have something to do with all the mom & pop stores and small bussiness owners that have not been able to keep their doors open because of wally mart.

Back when there was still small marts and there was not groceries, and 35 departments that are actually small store, in the big wally marts.

There was a whole big giant bunch of other jobs, butchers, hardware stores, grocery marts, shoe stores, pharmacies, etc.etc..

Next it will become like the health care crap, and we will not have a choice where we shop!

I live in a typical medium size town that has a wally world super store. The local mom and pop stores years ago learned to adapt to a new marketing strategy to survive. Yes, some places slowly died out, but other places adapted , and survived. You can't beat wally world,but you can do things different than they do, and make it..
For instance, the local hardware store thrives just fine, giving professional servive, and providing things that wally world doesn't sell. Other stores found their niche, and did ok.
Point being, it is possible to survive as a business , next to wally world. A person just has to find a product or servive, and provide it beter than wally world. it can be done. People need to quit belly aching about wally world, and get on with their lives. if they don't like the store, support a local mom and pop business. No one makes you shop at wally world.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

RIGHT ON BROTHER!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I think this is just another bait thread to have people respond and get points from ATS.

There is nothing to be learned by demeaning a class of our society by creating a thread doing just that.

I wonder how many of these people dream of being able to have the money or good enough credit to shop at a higher priced establishment and wear nice clothes.

It does not bother me to be around this type of person.

It does bother me that we as a society have raised children that find humor in others social situation.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Here are some ideas to help you screw Walmart!

Take 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in other people's carts when they aren't looking.
Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5-minute intervals.
Make a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the women's restroom.
Walk up to an employee and tell her in an official voice, 'Code 3 in Housewares. Get on it right away'.
Go to the Service Desk and try to buy a bag of M&Ms on layaway.
Move a 'CAUTION - WET FLOOR' sign to a carpeted area.
Set up a tent in the camping department and tell the children shoppers you'd invite them in if they would bring pillows and blankets from the bedding department.
When a clerk asks if they could help you, begin crying and scream, 'Why can't you people just leave me alone?'
Look right into the security camera and use it as a mirror while picking your nose.
While handling guns in the hunting department, ask the clerk where the antidepressants are.
Dart around the store suspiciously while loudly humming the 'Mission Impossible' theme.
In the auto department, practice your 'Madonna look' by using different sizes of funnels.
Hide in a clothing rack and when people browse through, yell 'PICK ME! PICK ME!'
When an announcement comes over the loud speaker, assume a fetal position and scream 'OH NO! IT'S THOSE VOICES AGAIN!'

And last, but not least:
Go into a fitting room, shut the door, wait awhile, then yell very loudly, 'Hey! There's no toilet paper in here.'

edit on 9-6-2011 by haarvik because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join