It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I don't shop at WalMart!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by ldyserenity

You've taken things way too personally and have projected your own anger and insecurities into this thread. I never assumed you were anything hence why I asked the questions that I did. By the way didn't you say your mother is "well off"?

Oh yes I grew up in a well off upper middle class household....yes...she helps sometimes, butone thing she didn't and wouldn't help was with higher ed. and I was refused financial aid on two things one: I was white, two: my mother claimed me as a dependent after I was no longer able to be claimed I was 18 and in the Army....nice...huh? Well that goes to show some people will do for their kids and some won't...I will cosign a loan for my childs education, I will start looking for scholarships she / he may be approved for, I will NOT ever claim them as dependant when they're not....AAT keast I can say one thing: My parents have made me a better parent, by seeing how they treated us, I know exactly what not to do.

And yes that one post was a bit irate, well two of them were, because as I stated above, there's no reason to lump all the people taht shop at wal mart that way...it's just retarded saying that.

Here sound one it's from halloween so I am dressed up but that's all I could find.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Hmmm, thats very odd, i came and read just a little bit of the OP's statement and then clicked a link that was practically useless... I thought i was going to see a statement with a real reason for not shopping at Walmart, like a conspiracy behind it or something. Like how the chash registers seem to have a mind of their own because nomatter how little you have in your cart and how cheap everything is, the amount due is always over 80 bucks and alot of time 200 bucks for only 20 items that were cheap on the shelves, i really dont understand how THAT happens, perhaps THATS a conspiriacy that should be on this site, but not this crap, that it because of how people look and how people dress that keep you from shopping there, you sound like Larry the Cable Guy when he was insensitive enough to make a joke about people with leg and foot problems.
*Sigh*

A real reason for not shopping there would be due to everything being cheap/lowpriced on the shelves but cost up to 200 bucks for only 20 or 30 items w/ low prices once theyre scanned in, almost like the pricetags and discounts are a pile of crap to get you to buy it and spend more money that they siad you would on the tag. Now THAT is what i thought this thread would be, and because all the stuff you get from there is made in Chine, India, Japan, etc... only 5% of ALL the things in Walmart are made in USA. All of the meat over there looks gross too, and nothing at all like the commercials, whats even weirder, is hat things that SHOULD be made in China, like the Chinese-food isle in Walmart, is now Shrinking and non existant. THATS to me seems really weird espeacially when evrything else is already made in China so whats the big deal about Chinese food products that are supposed to be made in china... Walmart creeps me ou anymore, an dits not because of the people that Shop there.

It seems almost liek the only places they build Walmarts in ontop of Indian BurialGroungs or near small struggling businesses so they can suck the life out of people trying to make a living. Walmart sucks, but i shop there when i have to, if i know a product is cheaper there than other places ive looked and we're short on money i will shop there. But thats the only time.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I don't shop at Wal-mart because there isn't one near me. To say you don't shop there because of certain pictures on the net is really stretching it.

Anyway, if people want to stay healthy, then the better option, other than excercising, is to eat less. For example, instead of ordering a combo meal, order the Big Mac only(it's really the only tasty thing out of the meal anyway.) I'm sure some of you may have read about calorie restriction. So eating less not only helps you save you money, it also helps you live longer(and IMO, it increases your children's chances to grow up beautiful by minimizing the growth of the nose, but that's a discussion for another day.)
If you eat at McDonald, NEVER order the fries and coke, unless you're about to take a long walk or participate in an athletic event. These two things provide virtually nothing for the body. If you eat or drink them without excercising, you will either be fat(if you have to genetic tendency to store fat), or break out.

Now some might hesitate to eat even meat because of the recent events. However, I believe that your body does need some protein while growing. In fact, most of your organs are made up of muscle tissues, including the eyes.

That said, vegeterians can live pretty long, so maybe you don't really need protein after all. Or perhaps the body finds some way to manufacture it(the element lacking from a vegeterian diet, but is needed to make amino acids is nitrogen. I'm guessing the body takes it from the air.)

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
some scary people shop at wal mart ill give you that. but it would probably take a global movement to bring them down.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
all i can say is GOD DAMN: ( is this what us US citizens have come down too? i mean jesus christ, how can anyone becomea total looser, in and of the word! or let thier bodys go in such a disgraceful obese manner? most of the guys in the pic, ALL look like ex convicts : x
I have 2 walmarts near me...a few miles north. Ive been in them , one is actually pretty cool..father north, norwalk CT. I never saw anyone as disgusting, weird or twisted as any of the bozos in the pics...alot of the poeple are actually medium salary blue collar workers, from what ive seen, at night. As stragne as it gets, is sometimes yuo get the poeple who look like thier slightly ghettoish..thats about it.
Man really shame on those people for letting thie bodys go in such a disgusting manner..how can you just sit thier, and live with yuorself, backflesh has grown into breasts, stomach has flopped way over his genitials, and leg fat with cellulite tha makes a wate mattres riding hard look like its firm n sexy

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Wow, judging a person by the looks of their body truly shows how spiritually immature you are.

It is because people like you that peace will never be achieved and will always remain out of our grasp.

Would depopulation actually be an option with you if you were in charge because the people in those pictures don't fit your definition or guidelines of what a "pretty" person is? You would ACTUALLY kill, or give the permission to kill, someone in those pictures because they were heavyset?? What if their condition was something they couldn't control due to metabolism, glandular or a myriad of other uncontrollable circumstances?

This is EXACTLY why society is breaking down. The ignorance of people who are threatened of others because of their looks, religion, sexuality, gender, their right to free speech, etc.

The worst prison would be a closed heart and it looks like you may have a life-time sentence.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
i mean even Barnum and Baileys circus would be grabbing cruxifixes at the looks of these people!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
The same thing happened in the building industry with the Home Depot, Lowes, Menards, etc. dominating the industry. Companies like Wickes Lumber, almost all of the mom & pops are gone. It has happened with health care, grocery, banking, government, almost everything except religion. Hmmm. What can Every Day Joe do to stop it? When I look around me at all of the techno-junkies collectively, almost religiously, punching away on the Blackberries or what-not, it amazes me. Here we are doing something similar on our p.c.'s. or like devices. A conscious collective? Or Unconscious collective? It's like the Borg from StarTreck almost. What did they say? "Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated." Well, "I am not a number, I am a free man!" Fight it!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

LMAO! Haha now I"m a mass murder hell bent on world domination. You moron..............peace won't be achieved because of the people that shop at Walmart not me. Did you even SEE some of the losers in those pics? Fat people aside the guy with the shirt that said I # CORPSES? Yeah a real peaceful person there genius.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Lady I never asked for your picture. Nor did I ever think you were overweight. You seem like you have some serious issues you need to deal with. Childhood issues and more. Seriously, that's not a personal attack that's offered as some advice.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

Society is breaking down because people are lazy, irresponsible, materialistic, and pity sponges. At least in US society.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Haha, I have thoroughly enjoyed that website for about a month now. I go to Wal-Mart for sheer entertainment. Americans are quite an interesting lot.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I agree some should think twice about leaving their homes in bizaare dress,maybe get a new mirror,but what about some posters who have piercings,in face etc,or all tatted up,when I grew up only ones who had multiple tattos were intriveneous drug users,biker gangs,and sailors,so everything is relevant IMO

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by colec156
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

What is the point of this thread ????
Is it because of these people's dress sense ???

nah, this is just something that liberals do to feel better about themselves.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I never shop at Wal-Mart.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by sphinx551]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The only reason wal-mart got so huge in the first place is because daymares like to collect there like dirt in an unwashed armpit.

I prefer to pay the extra 20 cents knowing little brown kids aren't working 16 hours a day making my boxers.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
reply to post by Mr Mask

You must forgive the OP. He doesn't understand a person who is so comfortabe with themselves that they can go out in pubic without putting on a facade. He probaby feels naked going out in public without his eye liner.

Those people who shop at Walmart obviously dont watch enough TV. If they did, they would know they are not good looking enough to go outside to shop.

And yes. That was sarcasm.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

This is good example. So this is a bad thing?

If you buy a quart of Häagen-Dazs ice cream at ... VONS for $5.50 but you can get the same brand, same packaging, same frigging weight of ice cream for $3.25. This is a bad thing for consumers? I'm sorry, I do not understand.

Aren't the consumers benefiting from this?

From a business point of view, I don't see anything wrong with this. If I'm the business owner of any type of business, of course my main concern would be profit. How do I gain more profit? By killing off the competition of course....

If Supermarket A buys 20,000 jars of ice cream for $3.25/jar, I'm gonna find the same source, buy 2 million jars of it and try to knock the price down to $2 or less. Then I'm gonna turn around and sell the very same ice cream Supermarket A offered, for a few dollars less. Since Supermarket A will never have the same buying power as me, of course they will close down soon, therefore less competition.

So this is bad business practice? If it is... oh boy, then the world is really upside down then because most of the fortune 500 or fortune 1000 companies are doing the same thing.

The only thing I could agree to is the degrading of social status by wearing WalMart products. Honestly, think about it, you are not going to attend a party or go on a date wearing something you bought from WalMart right?

[edit on 11/30/2009 by truthseeker84]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

Can you post without taking God's name in vain?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

You know WHY about 35million americans are on food stamps?
Businesses and corrupt politicians sent american jobs overseas!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join