It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My perception of reality. Whats yours?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
How do I begin another metaphysical thread that touches a new base of understanding, and assisting others to the path of enlightenment?
I Wouldn’t know, and to be more direct, I will probably never know, or do I?

Consciousness; We all experience it
Awareness; We all have our senses of reality
Perception; Angle of which we look at things.
Spirit; the Bond that formulates the above.

Through time, I have learned, but by process of elimination of understanding reality, for what it is, for why it exists, and the most obvious of all, the ability to question and understand this reality.
Do I have all the answers? I would hope so, but I can’t lie to myself, I do NOT know everything, but I have a better… no GREATER understanding compared to myself last year, and years prior.

I feel that I have an ability to help enlighten, or HELP others who have questions that I have answered for myself. But that comes down to perception because my explanations are from my own experiences, my own understanding, yet everyone or mostly everyone feels this pull inward. Those who don’t understand this, look to religion for the answers. I don’t disagree with that tactic, but I can say, is that I have tried to look there, but found more questions than answers.

Other have probably felt the same way; if it can happen to me, it can happen to you. There are no limitations to understanding besides trying to find truths through lies. (Setting your limitations to expanding yourself spiritually, mentally, consciously etc…)

Can we help ourselves though? How can we tell what is a lie, and what is real? What we perceive as real, isn’t real to someone else; Diluted perception through understanding and living lies.

We are in an Expanding universe! Our purpose in life is to expand our minds, to expand our understanding and pass it onto the next generation. The purpose of life is to expand fractally, Spiritually, Mentally, Consciously, and expanding our awareness in our POINT in reality.

The universe is expanding, the universe is also speeding up, But… if the universe is expanding, then where is this extra space coming from? I watched nassim’s videos and he mentioned that the vacuum of space is dense, and that objects, such as US, are hollow. Atoms have 99.99999% space, yet what looks completely empty (space) is full of information! We ARE the universe looking at ourselves! So we are ALL connected subconsciously, spiritually, physically, but this all takes place at different POINTS!!

The distance between all of us, is nothing at all. There is everything in nothing, nothing in everything. We expand our minds, while contracting tidbits of information that we observe.

A quote I wrote in this thread that got me thinking a little bit more.

I like metaphysical Chit-Chat.

to one its true, and to others its false.

Its something you will never be able to prove to anyone except those who experience the same thing.

as i have said before, expansion and contraction. i wanted to elaborate a bit more on this. i re-read it, and i thought i was being too general in my explanation.

Expansion and contraction is an information exchange from your outside world, into your inside world. You know, the world where you hear a voice, where you think, feel; your internal processor. (Yes like a computer, hell even like a quantum computer) when you take information in, you also feed your outside world when you process this information, helping formulate reality around you. (Its not you however who makes it, it’s everyone's 'collective' consciousness that creates reality.)

You feed reality with your mind, and reality feeds your mind. input, and output. Think of lungs, it expands and contracts, it takes O2 in, and feeds out CO2.

The air feeds your body, you feed the environment your C02, and other life forms utilize that, (plants) and then, it creates O2 again from the same molecule. again, this cycle continues.

You contribute to reality, when you take information in, and help feed others reality when you process it.

Page two:Page two

In closing, it’s not about looking outside for answers, but looking within, the empty space of one self, and notice that we have a lot to live for, a lot to learn, and a lot of space to fill in with our own consciousness. We feed our own reality that we try to understand. Perhaps its time to understand one-self to assist in our collective expansion.

These are my perception of what our reality is, whats yours?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

While your intention of helping others to 'enlightenment' may be sincere, I suspect that it is impossible. Don't take the burden of others to your own shoulders, for there is a high propability that it will spoil you as it will spoil the one you are trying to help.

By above I mean that you have no way of knowing nothing expect the subjective truth, which may not be truth to some one else. Also I meant that the 'enlightenment' (if there's such thing) rests upon each individuals own responsibility and the work that must be complete in solitude.

We all are different by our nature, born and raised by distinct conditions, experiences and so on; while the spirituality is mainly psychology, and considering our psychological structure are very unique, one cannot tell to other what should one do in order to reach enlightenment. Hence this work must be complete in solitude.

That is merely one opinion, and might as well be disregarded.

-v

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

I agree with what you said, its mentioned in my OP... kind of, its all about perception. its to each is own.

I was just sharing what i have gathered so far, and wanted others input on this to elaborate, and expand on ideas, and to get an idea what others felt about it.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
reply to post by v01i0

I was just sharing what i have gathered so far, and wanted others input on this to elaborate, and expand on ideas, and to get an idea what others felt about it.

Yezzor, nothing wrong with sharing thoughts and experiences

Just wanted to clarify that thing. A fair inquiry can hardly harm anyone, but rather benefit those who are willing to seek. We just need to be careful not to assume the position of 'teacher' - and more dangerous it is to assume the position of 'student' and regarding someone as your teacher, when considering spiritual side of the life.

If I am lost, I can ask directions from someone I meet, but thats it. I shouldn't start regarding the one whom showed me the right direction as a wise person, and certainly I shouldn't listen to one who tries to tell me how to walk. If the one that I met truly was a wise person, would the one know that there is nothing more to do than to point the lost person to the right direction.

I also do agree with your post, that we experience the reality in subjective manner. Even if there might be some kind of objective reality in physical world, there certainly - as far as I know, and I know nothing - isn't such in world of psychology (spirituality). It seems to me, that most psychological problems are due the indoctrination of some collective belief system. Religion should be an individual thing, but sadly we see established religions and cults all around us - and members of those institutions are not always the most stable type.

I don't how I could explain my personal experience of reality. I've tried to do that in various threads, but they always seem to fail to some degree. Besides, we constantly learn new things and it is as you said in your OP, today we are different altogether compared to what we were a while back. Everything is in motion and everything changes - if the conditions are right, even diamonds are not forever. Only matter is forever, and even that is in constant motion (I think).

-v

[edit on 27-11-2009 by v01i0]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

I like what you said...

If I am lost, I can ask directions from someone I meet, but thats it. I shouldn't start regarding the one whom showed me the right direction as a wise person, and certainly I shouldn't listen to one who tries to tell me how to walk. If the one that I met truly was a wise person, would the one know that there is nothing more to do than to point the lost person to the right direction.

This kind of was the purpose of my thread, to assist, not lead. I wish i knew everything, but even if i did, would still be Moot. my own perception, and reality will differ from anyone else.

AND

Just wanted to clarify that thing. A fair inquiry can hardly harm anyone, but rather benefit those who are willing to seek. We just need to be careful not to assume the position of 'teacher' - and more dangerous it is to assume the position of 'student' and regarding someone as your teacher, when considering spiritual side of the life.

I agree, false information can harm someone, or set them back years. its not that bad taking advice, but i try to be someone who points someone in the right direction.

Others who tried to impose their beliefs on me definitely affected me. i would rather have someone help me make sense of something rather than 'Push' me in the wrong direction.

we definitely cant assume a power role. (teacher/student) each spiritual node (people) have their own course of development in their spiritual growth. don't stand under anyone, and don't stand over anyone. even the playing field. it is a world where we should all be on the same playing field, instead of playing division with different ways of spiritual growth. there are many ways to go at it, but as you said before, its better to point someone in the right direction, instead of imposing their will on them.

sorry if i lose anyone on this. im suffering from a turkey hangover, and im a bit drowsy.

At least im not alone with the way i think... lets me know im doing something right.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
You said it in your OP. No one can understand what you're trying to show them. It's something we have to experience and come to know on our own. All you can do is guide but you can't force anyone. They must have a desire to know for themselves.

Basically this is how I look at reality. It's here to show me myself for myself. It's like a mirror of our own actions. We get back what we put in. So I view all my experiences as lessons to be learned. I also understand that in this reality only exist two struggles. The negative and positive polarities. Good - Evil, Chaos - Order, On - Off, 1 - 0(binary). You can't have one in any case without the other, it's not possible, but I think this only holds true for our reality though I'm not sure about that because I can't actively perceive beyond this reality.

I know we are all one being that I would describe as God but for some reason unknown to us we are unaware of this in every day life. I don't know how it ends and I don't know what comes afterward but I hope it's like waking up from a dream or trip.. and knowing what I do about fractals and reality, I don't feel that is to far fetched.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by SeeingBlue]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Sorry to rain on your parade but most people don't have the mental acuity to even come close to understanding the ultimate reality.

Oh, with their primitive sense organs they can fabricate "their" reality but that is just an illusion, a fantasy.

There are pathways where talking monkeys can glimpse a minuscule section of reality but their limited conceptualization only confuses them.

I like to use the analogy....

"You can try to teach a pig to play 7 card stud but the attempt is folly and it annoys the pig."

There is a reason why the path to awareness and reality is illegal and only shown to a very select few. Awareness leads to madness.

Awareness and Reality are not found in the world of Academia or esoteric ashrams, disciplines or focused concentration. Even "The Path" defies description.

s&f for even bringing it up

[edit on 27-11-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

There is a reason why the path to awareness and reality is illegal and only shown to a very select few. Awareness leads to madness.

Awareness and Reality are not found in the world of Academia or esoteric ashrams, disciplines or focused concentration. Even "The Path" defies description.

I agree that no human, with our tiny concepts in comparison, can handle, understand or cope with 100% awareness of all that is, but no one should stop other person from pursuing and exercising their freewill to learn, discover and & explore. And maybe it's not illegal to explore because it could cause someone to go insane, but rather because they don't fully understand or accept the truth.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

Walk down the street in any large city. Notice the insane ones. Some of them Know. Some of them were forced to Know against their will.

To start the quest of Knowledge, be armed with the sword of Faith and the Shield humility. And even with that your chances are slim indeed to ever experience true awareness.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Often times when I discover something new for myself it doesn't take long before I'm either tested or have the feeling that maybe I've gone to far, known to much and I wish I could return to my previous ignorance but over time it's eventually gets incorporated in and becomes normal and acceptable.

I try to view everything with an open mind and listen to everything then draw my conclusion by centering(making sense of) all the information I have gathered. Some of it's true, some of it's not but it's all a part of the experience and is intended to guide and direct me.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

How do I begin another metaphysical thread that touches a new base of understanding, and assisting others to the path of enlightenment?
I Wouldn’t know, and to be more direct, I will probably never know, or do I?

The path to enlightenment begins with the realization that we don't know anything as an absolute fact, that all currently held beliefs are just that, beliefs.

Consciousness; We all experience it
Awareness; We all have our senses of reality
Perception; Angle of which we look at things.
Spirit; the Bond that formulates the above.

That sounds more like an observation of perceived self rather than an observation of reality. If this aspect is reality as it really is, then what of a rock?

Through time, I have learned, but by process of elimination of understanding reality, for what it is, for why it exists, and the most obvious of all, the ability to question and understand this reality.
Do I have all the answers? I would hope so, but I can’t lie to myself, I do NOT know everything, but I have a better… no GREATER understanding compared to myself last year, and years prior.

No one person can singularly grasp reality as a whole. To understand reality, we must understand to work collectively to understand reality. If you think you have a greater understanding of reality individually from the rest of reality, then you don't understand reality at all.

I feel that I have an ability to help enlighten, or HELP others who have questions that I have answered for myself. But that comes down to perception because my explanations are from my own experiences, my own understanding, yet everyone or mostly everyone feels this pull inward. Those who don’t understand this, look to religion for the answers. I don’t disagree with that tactic, but I can say, is that I have tried to look there, but found more questions than answers.

This is where you get into the realm of becoming of false prophet of self proclaimed truths. No one should follow or feel more enlightened by false prophets of truth.

Other have probably felt the same way; if it can happen to me, it can happen to you. There are no limitations to understanding besides trying to find truths through lies. (Setting your limitations to expanding yourself spiritually, mentally, consciously etc…)

Exploration of reality is noble; Blind faith of belief is wrong. To understand reality, we have to work collectively to grow the Sacred Tree of Knowledge, the sum total of all knowledge and understanding of humanity and reality.

Can we help ourselves though? How can we tell what is a lie, and what is real? What we perceive as real, isn’t real to someone else; Diluted perception through understanding and living lies.

Individually we can not do these things, collectively we can.

We are in an Expanding universe! Our purpose in life is to expand our minds, to expand our understanding and pass it onto the next generation. The purpose of life is to expand fractally, Spiritually, Mentally, Consciously, and expanding our awareness in our POINT in reality.

It's OK to speculate about reality, it's quiet something else to claim speculation as absolute fact or discuss speculation as an absolute fact. If you individually consider something to be absolute, then you are not being honest to yourself or to your pursuit to understand reality.

The universe is expanding, the universe is also speeding up, But… if the universe is expanding, then where is this extra space coming from? I watched nassim’s videos and he mentioned that the vacuum of space is dense, and that objects, such as US, are hollow. Atoms have 99.99999% space, yet what looks completely empty (space) is full of information! We ARE the universe looking at ourselves! So we are ALL connected subconsciously, spiritually, physically, but this all takes place at different POINTS!!

It's OK to speculate about reality, it's quiet something else to claim speculation as absolute fact or discuss speculation as an absolute fact. If you individually consider something to be absolute, then you are not being honest to yourself or to your pursuit to understand reality.

The distance between all of us, is nothing at all. There is everything in nothing, nothing in everything. We expand our minds, while contracting tidbits of information that we observe.

In closing, it’s not about looking outside for answers, but looking within, the empty space of one self, and notice that we have a lot to live for, a lot to learn, and a lot of space to fill in with our own consciousness. We feed our own reality that we try to understand. Perhaps its time to understand one-self to assist in our collective expansion.

These are my perception of what our reality is, whats yours?

The pursuit to understand reality is one of the most difficult endeavors that can be taken by anyone. With this pursuit comes the courage to change your mind if a mistake is made, to correct that mistake immediately if one is truly honest in their pursuit to understand reality. What takes even more courage, at least in my opinion, is the ability to maintain open mindedness and yet skeptical of literally everything until it is proven absolutely true beyond a shadow of doubt. The best way to do that is to constantly question your own beliefs as well as the beliefs of others.

Visit the Church of Reality for more information. Wonderful site I found after self discovering this aspect of what it teaches. I was absolutely floored that I found something that made sense in regard to what I've been trying to tell people here on ATS for the past few days.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

I didn't claim anything as fact, as you had mentioned. this is a metaphysical thread. its what you make of it really. Everyone has their own way of looking at things.

its good that you question everything, you have to!

If you want to know what i meant about the fractal nature of space, watch Nassim Heramein's video on google. his ideas are incredible! He didn't just come up with it. he has had about 20 years of research under his belt.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
If you believe in the church of reality then that explains a lot of things. I turned away when they said God doesn't exist. Basically all they believe is what their 5 common senses can show them, which I strongly feel causes them to fall short of understanding when they limit themselves like that.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
reply to post by sirnex

I didn't claim anything as fact, as you had mentioned. this is a metaphysical thread. its what you make of it really. Everyone has their own way of looking at things.

its good that you question everything, you have to!

If you want to know what i meant about the fractal nature of space, watch Nassim Heramein's video on google. his ideas are incredible! He didn't just come up with it. he has had about 20 years of research under his belt.

When I look at a fractal and then look at the vastness of the cosmos, or at least close approximations of it's vastness through pictures, I don't see a fractal at all. To me, the cosmos looks nothing like the fractals created by mathematicians.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeeingBlue
If you believe in the church of reality then that explains a lot of things. I turned away when they said God doesn't exist. Basically all they believe is what their 5 common senses can show them, which I strongly feel causes them to fall short of understanding when they limit themselves like that.

From my readings of the material on the website, they aren't explicitly stating that God doesn't exist, but that if he is real then there is reason to believe; If he is not real then there is no reason to believe. Granted and unfortunately the Church of Reality is more biased towards atheistic viewpoints, we also have to take into account that the Church is subject to changing those views and is a constantly evolving church. It's adherents can change the basic foundations, so long as those foundational changes are real.

The Sacred Method is not set up against all other religions or against God. It is set up to further facilitate unbiased exploration of reality. Reality consists of all things that are real and if it is real, we believe in it. This message is to bring other religions into reality, to explore reality and to question reality and determine if it really is real. What it is not is a religion of self proclaimed absolute truths without question. That is the beauty of it; The church doesn't dictate that you *must* believe this or that, but that you *must* question this or that. If God is real, the Church will accept God as the Church believes in only that which is real.

Obviously you didn't understand the concept and I really do hope my brief explanation helps you understand it a little better. Blind faith has no place in reality.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex

From my readings of the material on the website, they aren't explicitly stating that God doesn't exist, but that if he is real then there is reason to believe; If he is not real then there is no reason to believe. Granted and unfortunately the Church of Reality is more biased towards atheistic viewpoints, we also have to take into account that the Church is subject to changing those views and is a constantly evolving church. It's adherents can change the basic foundations, so long as those foundational changes are real.

The Sacred Method is not set up against all other religions or against God. It is set up to further facilitate unbiased exploration of reality. Reality consists of all things that are real and if it is real, we believe in it. This message is to bring other religions into reality, to explore reality and to question reality and determine if it really is real. What it is not is a religion of self proclaimed absolute truths without question. That is the beauty of it; The church doesn't dictate that you *must* believe this or that, but that you *must* question this or that. If God is real, the Church will accept God as the Church believes in only that which is real.

Obviously you didn't understand the concept and I really do hope my brief explanation helps you understand it a little better. Blind faith has no place in reality.

Yea, I understand and I can see how they almost have to be that way in order to stay unbiased. For a church in the public view, that makes sense.. but its not for me. I feel like my beliefs are more personal to myself and so I must have church by myself. I don't feel that anyone will ever share my same exact views, as if I live within my own reality, but that I can share my view with others in the hope that they can include it in their collection of information that they draw from and form their own reality from and maybe spark an interest that allows them to come to their own understanding of themselves. I just try to light fires of the soul, whether right or wrong, my intentions are only to spark new ideas and ways of thinking for yourself.

Everything you encounter or experience serves it's purpose in helping you.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I liked that one, I really did

Even the most stupid conversation, the most absurd situation, the most annoying person, or even the most meaningless moment can serve a purpose if you are paying attention.

-v

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Hey ugie I had a thread like this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I believe my perseption is my reality.
So lets make it a good one!

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0

I liked that one, I really did

Even the most stupid conversation, the most absurd situation, the most annoying person, or even the most meaningless moment can serve a purpose if you are paying attention.

-v

Exactly so I feel like that as long as I speak my heart, someone, even if only one understands it, reads it and take something meaningful from it that helps them then I've done what I was suppose to or would have done anyways, I'm just aware of why now.

Also with that being said I believe nothing happens without a reason. That everything works together and all aspects of reality whether nature, social, material, spiritual, all that is reality, the universe is interconnected and no one part is changed without affecting all the other parts in one way or aspect. This also leads me to believe that if everything happens for a reason it supports that everything is an experience for learning, but what are we learning for? Does this imply we are in a simulation? Something more complex but the same basic concept? So maybe it's a simluation, maybe it's not but what are we being showed and taught for? There must be a bigger picture beyond our perception then. Some greater purpose for the experiences we are experiencing here.

Edit for add.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Who among you sees the arrogance of putting faith in primitive physics and metaphysics from a species that is still in its infancy? It's like a 5 year old explaining the subtleties of sex.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join