It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Adverts - can you please change them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Hello all,

OK I have to ask this ... ATS please remove those gross images of teeth, rippling muscles and half naked bodies from those adverts.

I am not sensitive to any of those or anything but when I am pretending to work and actually reading ATS it is very off putting not only to me but those who might be viewing my screen

You have some perfectly nice Thornton Chocolate adverts which will easily replace them.

Lol

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Yeh I'd have to agree with what your saying.

Worst part of the teeth advert is how the phrase below the pictures say ''Learn the trick a single mom discovered at home''.

SINGLE MOM.....what is this? a match making service?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan_The_Maori

Haha.

I have not read them yet because the stained yellow decayed teeth make me scroll them below the page fold

Besides which, I bet if you actually purchased one of these things all it would do is give you an eBook that is full of crap or tell you to go and get your teeth polished by a dentist.
And as for the get ripped quick schemes I bet they are just like "get rich quick" schemes ... a lot of crap (unless they are selling steroids :lol

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Oh yes administrators, just change all the gross adds so some people can easier steal time from their employer.

If you are not the owner of the business or on break or lunch break you are stealing time from your employer.

It is not the least bit humorous. It is common theft.

It's just like stealing money out of the cash drawer.

I have no use for a thief or a liar. Not implying you are either but if the shoe fits..wear it.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by dizziedame]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Well yes you are implying that I am both

Clearly you cannot take my post in jest and you respond with clear anger.

Get over yourself.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
Oh yes administrators, just change all the gross adds so some people can easier steal time from their employer.

If you are not the owner of the business or on break or lunch break you are stealing time from your employer.

It is not the least bit humorous. It is common theft.

It's just like stealing money out of the cash drawer.

I have no use for a thief or a liar. Not implying you are either but if the shoe fits..wear it.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by dizziedame]

So... If I take 5 minutes away from the hours of tedious coding and data management that I do to have a break and decide to use that time to do a little light reading, it's stealing is it?

Is it stealing if I go to the toilet too? What about my contractual rights to smoking breaks? What if I turn around to a colleague and have a little light banter about recent events or just to share a private joke?

Well just call me Robin Hood, because I'd rather shoot myself in the head than work in the type of environment that you are proposing.

I would suggest to you that having a break from a tedious job every now and again actually increases production, as it eases tension and allows relief from fatigue.

[edit for spellnig]

[edit on 25-11-2009 by nik1halo]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

Why can I not star that post?

It deserves a star.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I frequent the site much less due to these stupid ads, I know you have to be one of the "elite" posters (such a joke lmao) to have your ATS experience ad-free, but could youpretend to care that we have to look at this gross crap all day? I know you admins and owners and mods don't even see the ads but trust me they suck.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Half-Naked Muscular Man all over my screen...

.. Now Everyone around me thinks i'm Gay

Thank you ATS...

[edit on 26-11-2009 by Polynomial C]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
You can add the ads you want outta here to SkepticOverlord's ad Hitlist.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

join