It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Buy New "Muslim" Black Friday Ad

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

"Merry Christmas" is off-limits, but "Happy Eid al-Adha" is apparently okay.

Best Buy is raising eyebrows with a Black Friday ad which extends a holiday greeting to Muslims for the annual Eid-al-Adha holiday, or in English, the "Festival of Sacrifice," which coincides with the Thanksgiving weekend this year.

In 2006, the consumer electronics giant drew criticism when it began excluding the words "Merry Christmas" from its holiday print advertising, opting instead for a more universal "Happy Holidays."

The inclusion of the Muslim greeting has ignited a firestorm of criticism, particularly online.

www.kdvr.com...

MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

[edit on Tue Nov 24 2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
This is more like it, and an "Ad " they could learn from..

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The PC crap will only get worse! Stay tuned!

S & F ...Pretty soon I won't be able to say I Love You to my wife in public...it'll be more like I Find Your Acquaintance Pleasurable.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Haha, Yeah I hear ya, and excellent comment. I have began using, " Merry Winter Celebration " myself, but, only after the solstice, in order to be, "Correct"... Looking for a John Wayne Christmas Clip now, betcha that one won't be P.C.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Ya see that doesn't go far enough. Since everyone is equal you should not imply that your wife is in any way better. "I seem to enjoy your presence more than others because I spend more time with you" should suffice.

I think I speak for many here when I say it's not a big deal, but if the situation is ever reversed it'll be an absolute outrage.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I gotta agree with ya heyo, and your post is great too, it's no big deal, but little by little, I feel the beach of Christmas eroding away, with the waves of the ocean of P.C. as well as many other time honored traditions, and beliefs, truth's and what we as a country hold dear...

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

now see, that's the problem with pc, you just can't say what you mean anymore, or you water it down so much it becomes ineffectual.

what ever happened to a fistful of daisies and a card that read:

I couldn't find the food you like
I couldn't find a card
So I hope these flowers say it best:
Dear Lord you make me hard

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Wow! I had a friend almost get fired from Best Buy a couple years ago for saying, "Merry Christmas man!" while he was checking out his best friend's Christmas presents for his family. Last I heard my friend resigned from his job to avoid getting fired and having that on his record.

This is bull#, we must respect one religion like it's the most Awesome thing ever, yet another is forbidden to speak about.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Yes, yes, agreed...yet this is how they reward employee's who stand up for their company... c'mon man??

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 24-11-2009 by freetree64]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
The PC crap will only get worse! Stay tuned!

S & F ...Pretty soon I won't be able to say I Love You to my wife in public...it'll be more like I Find Your Acquaintance Pleasurable.

VULCAN QUOTE:
it is agreeable to see you!

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Like I said in the following thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

Youd be surprised what they can pipe into your subconscious nowadays.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
here ya go, looks like Larry the cable guy nails it... nuff said

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Hahahah yea right?
People ALWAYS find something to whine & moan about.
The problem is that people have way to much time on their hands.

Marry Christmas folks.

Yea, I said it, the system can suck it!

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happyfeet
This is bull#, we must respect one religion like it's the most Awesome thing ever, yet another is forbidden to speak about.

True but when christianity became more mainstream all of the pagans and whatnot were faced with the same thing. It just switched from pagans killing christians for talking about their religion to the other way around.
Either way it sucks. I am tired of all this PC anyhow. I wish Clint Eastwood was back in his prime and shut up the sensitive lil prics who can't take it. Words are one thing, yes, can be hateful; but as kids we were told the stick's and stone's story... but apparently that must be banned in the U.S. now cause I don't see any of its principles being taken.

We must be trying to become telepathic because one day we won't be able to say anything to each other without getting in some sort of trouble. It isn't at its worst yet but if it was, man... I would want a revolution... very much so, ... oops, did I say revolution? Am I going to be jailed an interrogated then beaten and "black bagged" ? hehe...

Anyhow.. if we keep up this cry-baby ideal before establishing peace and complete equality rather than always favoring the minority or majority at a single time... then I say to all the tissue dabbers out there... "shyut up!" hehhe... *ahem* anyways... good luck.. or I mean... hope for you the best...

Cheers

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I can't really get outraged about this. Perhaps Best Buy should be more strict about their policies, but whoopee do. I have enough strong enough faith to not worry about ridiculous things like this. My beliefs aren't going to crumble due to some store policy.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by Kaploink]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Do you mean to tell me that best buy is appealing to a wider audience to sell more stuff? NO WAY ( wait . . . yea ok that makes sense)

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I don't see why they would do this
Even if it's about appealing to a wider audience

I'd like to see some stats on religions/ethnicities in this region

this move doesn't make much sense to me
I doubt this is an add that got approved all the way at the top though
so no need to go too harsh on best buy the corporation

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The majority of people really do suck. They remove Merry Christmas but add a holiday most of us cannot even pronounce, and it's joke time? I bet it will do nothing to their sales.....except increase. It is a sad place we live. People need to unite. Pfffffffft.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I started saying "happy holidays" years ago, but it wasn't out of PC awareness. It was laziness. Happy Holidays covered the months of Nov. Dec. and Jan. and all the holidays that fell into it through New Year's. However, I completely disagree with banning the words "Merry Christmas" I think all people should be able to say what they wish and mean what they say.
Happy holidays everyone!

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Aw, hell! HAPPY NAKED PAGAN DANCING to you all! Buy your yule logs here and celebrate the death and rebirth of Saturn! And may an old man with a white beard fall down your chimmney after the logs burn out and leave you oranges and candy and nuts in your stockings. By the way, Jesus was born at some time, so celebrate that, too. P.S. Don't forget to get your kids some bunnies and chickens who can mix DNA and drop some colored eggs on your lawn next spring. Heh. it's all fun stuff. Don't take it seriously, folks. Your kids don't.

Happy Muslim, whatever to you all!!! Meanwhile I am going to go against Jeremiah's and the local chapter of the Jehovah's Witnessess and advice and adorn a tree with gold and such things.

I don't care if it's a happy Mohammed day! Can I at least have a party, and paint a picture of Santa Claus and also a picture of Mohammed seducing an 8 year old girl?

Good luck to anybody who tries to push their crap on me. While I might agree with your ideas, to some extent, if you are Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Pagan, Witches, etc., if you push that stuff on me or my own, then pray to whatever craphole you pray to.

Meanwhile, if you are selling a product, and you would like me to buy that product, then, by all means, be a good salesperson. I'll at least listen to the stuff.

Meanwhile, Ali Baba, Yeshua, Yawheh, whatever. Freak off!! Give me Santa or give me death!!

<<   2 >>

join